Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭morgana

OH no! He will be back I'm sure - go out and shout for him !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:(

The little fella will be back, no fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

morgana wrote: »
    OH no! He will be back I'm sure - go out and shout for him !

I wish I could. I'm at the other side of the world :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Thats terrible - is he an outdoor cat too??? Jeez, terrible news for you when you cant do anything about it . Let us know as soon as he comes home (my kitten Tux is waiting to be let outdoors - when shes neutered soon - stories like this give me the heebie jeebies :() Look forward to hearing that Finbar has come saundering in as if nothing happened

aonb wrote: »
    Thats terrible - is he an outdoor cat too??? Jeez, terrible news for you when you cant do anything about it . Let us know as soon as he comes home (my kitten Tux is waiting to be let outdoors - when shes neutered soon - stories like this give me the heebie jeebies :() Look forward to hearing that Finbar has come saundering in as if nothing happened

No he's not at all. The most he's been out for is an hour pottering around the garden. 334217.jpgpoor little Fin. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

If it's any consolation damagegt, I had a similar scare last year when my 4 month old rescue kitten got out through an open window at my parents' house (I was there for a few days over Christmas and brought her with me). She had never been outside - I was waiting until I got her neutered.

I was in bits when I discovered she was gone, going out in a storm searching hedgerows and derelict buildings and peoples' gardens, to no avail.

I woke up late the second night she was missing, and heard what I thought was a cat, so I got up with a torch and went outside, and sure enough there was a cat, and the sound was from under my car. A quick rattle of a cat food box and she was safely in my arms again. :) I've not lost her since.

I hope you and Finbarr will have the same happy outcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If he's not used to being outdoors, he's probably really excited by his new surroundings and exploring like crazy. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back when he's hungry :)

It's just the weather. My sister said it was bad storms all night and today.

Me too. She's out looking for him now and putting up some pictures.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

damagegt wrote: »
    It's just the weather. My sister said it was bad storms all night and today.

He may just be hiding somewhere until the storms pass. My cat hates wind and if you put her out at all when it's windy she disappears off somewhere and doesn't come back until the wind is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know if your dogs are at your sisters' too, but if they are I'd say they'll probably help finding him too, they seemed like smart dogs, they love him too and he felt safe around them, judging by the photos... Keeping every crossable thing crossed, including my eyes, hope it helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I wouldn't worry too much D, my moggie used to dissapear for days at a time and hed be back when hes hungry.. Finn is a trooper' he'll be fine!! and the best oart is cats, unlike most dogs, like to be clean and dry so chances are he's all bundled up somewherr and will be home soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I dunno... I'd be out there rattling a tin of crunchies or banging a plate with a spoon, making a fool of myself. Better now before he strolls too far. Been there, done that :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Oh Nooooooo.......

Get out there, shouting and more shouting......

That's how I found the late Gizmo!!...hiding about 5 minutes from us in a basement....

I hope all goes well..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Any news yet? Poor baba, hope hope hope he is found. Could be hiding in a shed or something near by....

I haven't been able to get hold of my sister so I don't know what's happening myself . I hope more then anything he came home.
    :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not a good way to start your new life on the other side of the planet, Damagegt... hope everything else is going well over there.

Still keeping everything crossed and sending happy hippy vibes to Fin - whatever good can they do, I don't know, but anything is worth a shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

New Home wrote: »

Still keeping everything crossed and sending happy hippy vibes to Fin - whatever good can they do, I don't know, but anything is worth a shot...

You've a heart of gold NH!....:) xxx

NH blushes and hides...

Still no sign of him. There are posters up and she's called to all the neighbouring houses. I can't believe this has happened :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

very possible he is hiding somewhere and not moving, especially with the bad windy weather. Some years back my young cat who was not experienced in going out escaped on us. She was young. She disappeared on a saturday, and after us posting flyers into nearby houses, we got a call on the tuesday from a house very close to us saying they had a cat in their hedge for the few days and she wouldn't budge. Thankfully she was our cat. She had spent the entire few days in the hedge. When I went to get her I couldn't even coax her out I had to crawl in and catch her. It actually might help (as another poster suggested) to go out walking with your dogs who may show some interest if they caught his scent

Just thinking - it might be worth a shot putting up a notice in the places mentioned here... I doubt there's anyone left on Animal and Pets issues that hasn't seen your thread, but you never know...

It might be worth ringing around the local rescue/tnr groups, someone might have come across him... Please God he'll be found safe and sound soon, even better he'll be coming back on his own and he'll be meowing the door down to get some attention...

As you've gathered by now, I'm a bit away with the fairies, but all the same, here's another one of my half-brained ideas...

Damagegt, would it be worth a shot for you to record yourself calling Fin, and send the recording to your sister so that she could play it on her phone with the loudspeakers on when she's out looking for him? He might respond more to your voice...

I really want that kitten back home safe and sound...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

New Home wrote: »
    Damagegt, would it be worth a shot for you to record yourself calling Fin, and send the recording to your sister so that she could play it on her phone with the loudspeakers on when she's out looking for him? He might respond more to your voice...

I really want that kitten back home safe and sound...
    Absolutely a good idea.

Calling his name and saying pishwishwish. Everyone says that differently, so he might respond to the sound he's familiar with.
    I really hope it works.

Any news on FInbar (waiting anxiously)?

I sent my sister a recording and she went out with the dogs looking for him to no avail . :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Oh no. This is awful. Poor kitty.
    Hope he makes his way home soon.
    Fingers crossed someone nearby is looking after him and just hasn't seen the 'missing' posters yet.

Time maybe for your sis to start knocking on doors and asking people to check their hedges and sheds.

:(:(:(:(:(

I'm gutted and it's so much worse that I can't get out and look for him myself.

• Advertisement

THEY FOUND HIM! A lady two estates over found him last night in her hedge and saw the pictures in supervalue. I can't describe how happy I am right now. I'm sure everyone was wondering why I was moping around the ship the last two days.

PHEW!!!! Now you can rest easy at last :) I remember when one of our cats went missing for two days a few years ago and I couldn't sleep for the worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

YAY! That's brilliant news damagegt. You just made my day. :D

What a relief! So happy! I kept anxiously checking this thread for news! Now the little bugger is back at home ready to get up his usual mischief I'm sure.

I'm so relieved. If I could have brought him with me I would have and to think that he wouldn't have been there when I got back was horrible. And another bit of news, my son and his mum have picked up a new cat from dspca. He's a 5 year old male tabbie called Willis. Fionns going to send me some pictures of him tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This has to be the best thread ever!

• Advertisement

Only Snoopy can express how I feel...

snoopy-dancing1.jpg

89fc13a4aac430190528023950bdf9fb.jpg

snoopy-happy-dance.jpg

SnoopyBunnies.jpg

That should cover it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Thats fantastic news! Ive been checking this thread religiously for good news over the past few days, yay! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

damagegt wrote: »
    THEY FOUND HIM! A lady two estates over found him last night in her hedge and saw the pictures in supervalue. I can't describe how happy I am right now. I'm sure everyone was wondering why I was moping around the ship the last two days.
    Great news!!! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Great news, we've all been rooting for him!

He's a resilient little guy, isn't he :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

YESSS!

Every time I came to the thread my heart sunk. I'd put a harness on the wee fecker or build him a run if I were you. He might have a wandering urge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Its great that the little terror is back. The moggies can be villains indeed. Also. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm dying to know what the dream jobs is:-). Ahem ahem:-)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm dying to know what the dream jobs is:-). Ahem ahem:-)
    He mentioned a ship, and a pretty exotic location, so I reckon it's ...

MV5BMTY0NTYwMDg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjAyMjE2MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Alun wrote: »
    He mentioned a ship, and a pretty exotic location, so I reckon it's ...

MV5BMTY0NTYwMDg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjAyMjE2MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

tt0075529?ref_=tt_ov_i

Ah I can't see those pics, but from what you mentioned I presume its a cruise ship perhaps?:)
    Imagine all the tips he would get if he brought Finbar around on his shoulder:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

BRILLIANT NEWS! I too have been checking this thread hoping to hear hes been found. Wonder what hes been doing for the past couple days?!? Hopefully not just hiding under that same hedge?!? Bet he was glad to get home!!

Ah I can't see those pics, but from what you mentioned I presume its a cruise ship perhaps?:)
    It's a DVD cover for series one of "The Love Boat", a rather cheesy 70's/80's US sitcom set aboard a cruise ship :D

Alun wrote: »
    It's a DVD cover for series one of "The Love Boat", a rather cheesy 70's/80's US sitcom set aboard a cruise ship :D

Oh indeed I remember it:) They used to show re-runs of it years ago during the day:) I think this is probably my favourite thread:) All hail the moggies:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Ohhhh so glad I checked this thread today, was absolutely dreading hearing something awful! Yay for Finbarr and yay for getting him home safely :D the little fecker, getting lost like that and giving us all a heart attack! I can only imagine how relieved you must be feeling.

334527.jpg
    The little fella is home. :).My sister said he was wrecked and has lost some weight but seems fine. Should a trip to the vet be in order? As for the job, it's a trainee electronic technician focused of marine rov systems abroad a leading research vessel. If you want to take a look or follow any of its projects have a look at the www.nautiluslive.org .

He looks pure contented there:-). That job sounds interesting. Well done. Oh and sorry for being nosy:-):-):-)

AAAAAWH, all cuddled up safe and sound... I'm sure he's thinking "Thank you God, I'm home again!"
    He is gorgeous...

Don't know what to suggest about the Vet, maybe a phone call to get some expert advice might be best for now, he'll tell you soon enough if Fin needs a check up - the weight loss is likely due to a lack of dindins in the last couple of days, and of having to keep warm outside, but if he seems ok and has no injuries or aches and pains, he'll most likely be ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement