Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Great to see Finbarr again. He can finally relax after his terrible adventure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I think it's going to be stormy this week so if it was strong winds that spooked him I wouldn't leave him outside the door for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭snowgal

Well holy god, I'm delighted!! 😄 I'm so happy he's ok, happened to me a few times and thankfully came home too, terrible feeling.... I don't think he should need vet, just my opinion but I reckon after what's he's gone through just loads and loads of spoiling him and cuddles and food! ( my cat is quite fat so maybe don't take my advice 😉)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

YAAAAAAY - Finn is a trooper! And I'd say whoever let him out won't be doing it again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Great News!! :) xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

damagegt wrote: »
    As for the job, it's a trainee electronic technician focused of marine rov systems abroad a leading research vessel. If you want to take a look or follow any of its projects have a look at the www.nautiluslive.org .
    Wow, that looks pretty interesting, no wonder you seized the opportunity! Certainly a lot more challenging than a job aboard the "Love Boat" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Alun wrote: »
    Wow, that looks pretty interesting, no wonder you seized the opportunity! Certainly a lot more challenging than a job aboard the "Love Boat" :)

:D:D:D
    Our theory couldn't have been more wrong:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

YAY.

So glad you found him!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Someone needs to learn Kitten and ask Fin to tell the story of his escape adventure :D We need stories of kidnapping, sailors and a round the world trip while slaving in the bowels of a pirate ship.........followed by a daring escape and hitchhiking around half the world back to Tusk and the family. I know.....he was only away for a couple of days but my imagination does run wild a bit :D:D

Best of luck your own adventure Damage and may the seas carry you safely back home (like Finbar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Hi all. quick video of Finbarr. He still hasn't lost his love for water. He's been a heading out more and more now. My sister said she is pretty confident he can find his way home. As some of you said, the digs missed him when he went missing. They all slept together that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hi all. quick video of Finbarr. He still hasn't lost his love for water. He's been a heading out more and more now. My sister said she is pretty confident he can find his way home. As some of you said, the digs missed him when he went missing. They all slept together that night.

Edited the link - you just need the alpha numerical link in quotes for youtube :)

The little villain. He looks quite happy there, lapping away:-)

She sent me another clip. He sits there for another whole 2 minutes before sauntering off with his little smug face.

She sent me another clip. He sits there for another whole 2 minutes before sauntering off with his little smug face.

A little water junkie:)

It could be worse.

• Advertisement

I'd say you miss the animals. How is the job going D. Is it what you expected?

We are dock at the moment and moving to dry dock out maintenance and fit out so it's scheduled for the science team to arrive in mid March so hopefully out into the high seas then. 336578.jpg
    336579.jpg

I fish off the back of the ship so pelicans and gaint storks are my new friends.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you take the trickle of water away, he looks like he's talking. And yes, he does look smug. :)

I don't know if that video reminded me more of this...

4071826697_8cdff79125.jpg

... or of this...

Barney-Tap.jpg

Well best of luck with it all D. It must be karma. Good things happen for those who treat the moggies well:-)

Hi was thinking the same thing. If I could edit out the water. You would have a cat having a conversation with you from the sink

• Advertisement

sitting on a bus in Canada laughing at cat videos from Ireland... who woulda thunk it ... Thanks for the update damage! Glad you're enjoying the job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Funny Cat Video of the Day (easily reproducible with Finbarr if you have a box of ducklings) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

RAWR- I am fierce kitty. I have some to tear your hea.......wait....what r u doing little quackies. You're smothering me. Noooooo.

*flails tiny paws*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kovu wrote: »
    RAWR- I am fierce kitty. I have some to tear your hea.......wait....what r u doing little quackies. You're smothering me. Noooooo.

*flails tiny paws*

Hey Kovu,

Are you sure you didn't mean to post that in 'The BAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW Thread'? ;):D:D

(I completely agree, though...)

Mr E wrote: »
    Funny Cat Video of the Day (easily reproducible with Finbarr if you have a box of ducklings) :)

The ducklings look like they want the kittens autograph:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ashling1973

Amazing how our pets can bring a smile to our faces. I have relatives that cant do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Everyone should have a kitten and a box of ducklings as therapy! :D

I'm missing them all now :(

All I can think of is zombie attack :D

I'm missing them all now :(

Hows the voyage going?

• Advertisement

Really good. Sailed from St Pete to Tampa on Monday. I'll be here for a month or two. Hopefully heading out in mid March. It's great over here, nearly all the bars/food areas are more than happy to leave your pets in.Plenty of people setting down for grub with their dog . Icewater supplied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭sunbeam

FanadMan wrote: »
    All I can think of is zombie attack :D

Either that or the little quackies have just found their new mammy. :D

It's ten o clock over here ..... 3

Sounds pretty cool D but I'd say you're missing the moggies and they're missing you!! But enjoy your voyage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

can't believe I've been following this thread for 6 months
    time flies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

OP - your cat reminds me of this guy who has his own you tube channel

Search for youtube/themeankitty for other videos ...

The drama with these cats never ends. My son and his mum adopted a 5 year old cat a week or two before I left,Willis.I can't remember did I put up photos of him or not. He was very afraid when they brought him home first. They said it might take him a week or two to come round and not leave him out for 6.So the night he was brought home he would sneak it to one of their rooms and cuddle up. Great! Six weeks pass and all looks good. They put him outside and he returns as he please over the next few days. But now he's stopped they haven't seen him in four days.
    Now they said in the dspca that he might be semi feral but he didn't seem like that at all. I'll copy the face book page if people could keep an eye out for him. He's chipped and collard so hopefully he's just a rambler.

The drama with these cats never ends. My son and his mum adopted a 5 year old cat a week or two before I left,Willis.I can't remember did I put up photos of him or not. He was very afraid when they brought him home first. They said it might take him a week or two to come round and not leave him out for 6.So the night he was brought home he would sneak it to one of their rooms and cuddle up. Great! Six weeks pass and all looks good. They put him outside and he returns as he please over the next few days. But now he's stopped they haven't seen him in four days.
    Now they said in the dspca that he might be semi feral but he didn't seem like that at all. I'll copy the face book page if people could keep an eye out for him. He's chipped and collard so hopefully he's just a rambler.

Very possible he's grand and will return when he's hungry .. Ours used to do that too! Just keep an ear out for meowing at the doors and windows!

OH NO, POOR WILLIS!! Sorry to hear that Damagegt... Hopefully he's also visiting some other family, pretending to be their cat too - some of them do that. Still, I'm keeping everything crossed, hopefully he'll be back home soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

New Home wrote: »
    OH NO, POOR WILLIS!! Sorry to hear that Damagegt... Hopefully he's also visiting some other family, pretending to be their cat too - some of them do that. Still, I'm keeping everything crossed, hopefully he'll be back home soon.

Yeah they can be very good at organising a second home for themselves, one of our cats (who was a rescue too) tried to move into our neighbours part time. I think he wanted a "back up" home, he also tried to evict their resident elderly cat, we had to put a stop to that. Hope Willis comes home safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

We have 4 cats and 3 of them have been known to go on a little holiday for a few days. One of ours went for 3 weeks. I was convinced she was dead but she turned up one evening meeowing away looking for food.

Any news, Damagegt? Pleasepleaseplease please tell us that Willis is back home safe, sound and snuggled up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

same question as above^^
    and Hows the cat you initially rescued?

same question as above^^
    and Hows the cat you initially rescued?

Hello Folks. I'm back on dry land and I'll be home soon.Willis was found by a lady.He was hiding under hedge .She saw the posters up and he's doing get !Finn and Tusk are good too bigger and bolder from what Iv been told.I'll get some pictures up when I get back home.

Hello Folks. I'm back on dry land and I'll be home soon.Willis was found by a lady.He was hiding under hedge .She saw the posters up and he's doing get !Finn and Tusk are good too bigger and bolder from what Iv been told.I'll get some pictures up when I get back home.

I bet Tusk is planning world domination at this stage:)

• Advertisement

YAAAAAAAYYYYY! :):D:):D:):D:)

(This applies to both Willis being found and to getting more photos of the two rascals. Also - welcome back Damagegt, hope you enjoyed your stint at sea)

^^ seconded!

Hope all was good at sea D!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is this your lot, damagegt?

Is this your lot, damagegt?

Yup. It sure is. Soon as I get back all the fun starts :)

Like in that Kit Kat ad with the chap trying to photograph the pandas in their enclosure in the zoo? It's a shame you missed out on that, but look on the bright side - instead of a KitKat break, you can now have a... Kitty Cat break.... :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement