Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

New Home wrote: »
    Like in that Kit Kat ad with the chap trying to photograph the pandas in their enclosure in the zoo? It's a shame you missed out on that, but look on the bright side - instead of a KitKat break, you can now have a... Kitty Cat break.... :pac:
    ah you have plenty of encounters like that just not with whale. We had 6 gill sharks, all sorts of jellies and strange fish. Have a look through the video collection. It's pretty interesting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

damagegt wrote: »
    ah you have plenty of encounters like that just not with whale. We had 6 gill sharks, all sorts of jellies and strange fish. Have a look through the video collection. It's pretty interesting.

You can tell by the talking in the background that it's a rare encounter.

You can tell by the talking in the background that it's a rare encounter.

Ya the guy with the came voice is max he's seen it all before he's a submersible pilot and the people getting excited are the science team. They get very excited.

Aaaaw, looks amazing damagegt. What an interesting environment and people to work with too….
    Today when I was working I just saw my friend the squirrel outside :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

damagegt wrote: »
    Yup. It sure is. Soon as I get back all the fun starts :)
    No way! Ive been subscribed to them since the Dumbo video:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Holy moly that one with the whale is fantastic!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A whole month ago, a certain 'someone' promised us photos of Finnbar & co, and we still haven't seen anything... Well? WELL???

Don't make me use bold font and upper case together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

New Home wrote: »
    A whole month ago, a certain 'someone' promised us photos of Finnbar & co, and we still haven't seen anything... Well? WELL???

Don't make me use bold font and upper case together...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    In the beginning there was fur..............

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

After the bold capitals, he'll be in serious trouble, 'cause 'I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Hahaha. I miss this thread. And I have to admit, I love reading the Chillout thread. Even though I don't have a pet. It gives me faith in humans again. I especially love the stories about the cats. Come back Finbarr:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Finbarr!!! :pac:

whyyouhasahide.jpg

^^^
    Exactly.

bold. CAPITALS. BOLD CAPITALS.

I hope you won't force me to do this again, or to use the underline function too, Damagegt. :mad: ;):D

Living-in-the-hood.jpg

Does Finnbar still live there, too?

Hello? Anybody home?? Are you there, Finnbar??? We miss you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Gosh, it has been an age since we've had any updates! Perhaps it's a modern day fairy tale and they are all living happily ever after. No news is good news maybe, but not any consolation to us I suppose!

Butbutbutbutbut... we was pwomised fotoes...

*sulks*

To Finnbar,

happy_birthday_cat_postcards-r476eb07a3136437ea56b28258a6377c1_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

happy_birthday_zeth_o3o_by_doddlefur-d5iofyf.png

farva+happy+birthday+anakin.png

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

thats mad now i was only thinkin how the cat was gettin on today, i was even gonna search the forum to post up something, great minds and all that

Glad I came onto boards today! Hope the moggies are all good D! (And yourself of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Found a kitten in the garden, similar looking in size and look to the one pictured here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057271029&page=10

It looks like a he, but I think it might be a she, is able to walk and even scamper, eyes wide open and my first sight was when it was walking around near the food bowl we put out for the mother before we knew she had a kitten as she looks small and young herself. I even managed to get a drop of tick and lice stuff on the back of her neck while she was eating a few weeks ago as she seemed to be covered in what looked like dust that appeared to be moving and a selection of other crawly things, although I put that down to being possible due to maybe living under some wooden shed too. After that application her coat looks much clearer and better looking, but still the odd bit of insects crawling through which I never noticed in cats we had before. I dont think that covers her or now the kitten for fleas, I think the capsule said 12 weeks before use on a kitten. No idea how to de-flea them if they are affected as that seems to involve getting close and spraying an aerosol which being weary already I suspect wont go down well.

The mother seemed to be present but Ive no idea why they ended up in our garden with a dog, the kitten is behind a pile of wood and the mother does now seem to go down to him/her. I didnt think the mother was tending to it and at one point I had to get it out from a place where it was accessible to the dog and the mother couldnt get to without having to cross paths with the dog. Initially she just seemed to be hanging around and not tending to it, but I saw her go in to the current space about twice, I had a look and the kitten does seem alert. We've fed the mother and she keeps coming back looking for food, the mother and the kitten are exceptionally wary of human contact.
    There is no sign of any other kittens, so either there were no others,they didnt survive or were killed by something/another cat and hence the move to where other cats cant get them?

what age guess is the kitten in the linked pictures?
    Im guessing 2-3 weeks? as this is about what the one I see looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Was that you, JT? If so, fair play to you! That's a fantastic story. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any chance of a Finbarr update? :p

Great to hear there are still some good souls out there!!!!

Also, am I the only one wondering how Finbarr is getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭taytobreath

such a lovely thing to do, thanks for the link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It wasn't me folks. I just saw it on another website and it reminded me of Finbarr's story.

Hi Folks ! I'm on my way home...... Hopefully. It seems like its only yesterday you all grouped together to save a soul.

Finbarr has moved to my sisters now since I'm away so much .He's doing fine and looking fantastic. Poor Tusk on the other hand has had a horrible time of it. He never got over the toilet /litter tray problem and after weeks of vet visits and medication he has diagnosed with crohns disease .

I should be back home for in a day or two and I'll get some thing together for you all.

YAAAAAYYYYY, great to hear from you damagegt. Sorry to hear about poor little Tusk... can't wait to see all the pictures, I must admit!

Also, welcome back home. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Between padraiggg coming back with a Trent chapter and yourself coming in with a kitty update, it has been a good week on Boards!

Hi Damagegt, did Santa steal all the pictures of our famous celebrity cats? :( I was really looking forward to them...

Hope you had a good break anyway. :)

• Advertisement

Hi all! Damage how are the moggies ? Hope all is well!!

Hear hear!

Advertisement