Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How difficult will it be to get tickets for Scotland v Ireland in November?

• 16-08-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of heading off to this game as I have family in Scotland, and was thinking of making a weekend of it.

How hard will it be to get tickets for it? And what would best the best option? Might I have to take a package of hotel, travel etc to secure one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,428 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Might be a tough one to get tickets to with the whole Celtic Park aspect of it, plus it's early in the campaign and easy to get to.

Firstly ask the FAI when they are selling tickets and if any are going on general sale, i.e to people other than those in whatever schemes the FAI might have.

Also see how the Scots are selling theirs, are they selling them through ticketmaster or something like that that you could be able to get also ?
    I remember a good few people bough ticket to France v Ireland in 2004 from the French version of ticketmaster of a fraction of what they Irish official allocation was charged at.

You could also talk to anyone you know who goes to ROI games regularly, they usually know others who go regularly who have their sources.

And yes of course you could go with a package, which usually is more expensive but give a certain amount of piece of mind that things are sorted for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

My buddy wanted to get about half a dozen tickets but as the FAI ticket portal was closed for this and the Germany game he had to contact the FAI.

They said they had nothing left of their allocation but if he wanted Germany away tickets that was no problem.

Ticket portal is here : http://away.fai.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Have the FAI given out the Irish allocation of tickets for this game lads? A mate of mine applied for our tickets via the portal but hasn't heard anything, despite a few emails to the FAI.

The Scottish FA are putting them on general sale tomorrow as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Doubs wrote: »
    Have the FAI given out the Irish allocation of tickets for this game lads? A mate of mine applied for our tickets via the portal but hasn't heard anything, despite a few emails to the FAI.

The Scottish FA are putting them on general sale tomorrow as far as I know.

I've applied for a couple and still waiting on word. Bit of a joke given that the match is only 4 weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

only 3,000 tickets given to FAI with demand about 5 times that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

only 3,000 tickets given to FAI with demand about 5 times that
    Supposed to have got more than the official allocation of 3,800.Should know next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Going over anyway.

Not sure get ticket but hopefully get one from somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was thinking of heading off to this game as I have family in Scotland, and was thinking of making a weekend of it.

How hard will it be to get tickets for it? And what would best the best option? Might I have to take a package of hotel, travel etc to secure one?

You will get tickets in the home end if you look around but you have very little chance of an away end ticket! They go to people who go to most away games, even the ones who cant make it have tickets to others..

Its going to be very hard get tickets even for the people who applied through the FAI.
    Scotland FA are selling home end tickets from tomorrow morning if you wanted to chance that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would not risk colours into home end but, I would take home ticket if got one.

Don't think they will be easy to get either.

• Advertisement

I would not risk colours into home end but, I would take home ticket if got one.

They are going on general sale tomorrow.You need to set up an a/c with SFA.
    PUBLIC SALE | Republic of Ireland and England tickets
    Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Tickets for Scotland’s meetings with Republic of Ireland and England next month go on public sale tomorrow (Wednesday, 15th October 2014) at 12 noon.

Gordon Strachan’s men face Republic of Ireland in a vital European Qualifier on Friday, 14th November at Celtic Park, kick-off 7.45pm.

Scotland then take on England in a Vauxhall International Challenge Match on Tuesday, 18th November at the same venue, kick-off 8pm.

Tickets can be purchased by calling the Scotland ticket line on 0844 875 1873 (calls cost 5p per minute) or by visiting www.scottishfa.talent-sport.co.uk

Ticket pricing

European Qualifier, Group D
    Scotland v Republic of Ireland
    Friday, 14th November 2014, kick-off 7.45pm
    Celtic Park, Glasgow

Category 1 (Main Front/North Stand) - £45
    Category 2 (Main Rear) - £42
    Category 3 Adult (Lisbon Lions/Jock Stein Stand) - £35
    Category 3 Child (Lisbon Lions East Corner/Jock Stein Stand) - £15
    Disabled Adult and PA - £15
    Disabled Child and PA – £7
    Postage and fulfilment - £2
    Royal Mail Special Delivery - £7.50
    Standard Booking Fee for Online Bookings - £3
    Standard Booking Fee for Telephone Bookings - £3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Of any of the games in this group you'd be very hopeful of being grand in Celtic Park supporting Ireland from the home end. I've been to Ireland Scotland games in the past and never seen any animosity whatsoever.

The home end is gonna be full of Irish fans, Will have no worries about trouble!

Rangers scum element all support England so you have no issues at all

I was in Portugal years back (93 I think) and they were playing Portugal, were hammered too and every one of them I spoke too was not a Celtic or Rangers fan, and didnt give a **** where I was from

Could be trouble before/after the game but def none inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Doesn't sound like anybody who applied through the portal has been told if they were successful in getting a ticket yet, what a joke! Get the finger out FAI.

Doesn't sound like anybody who applied through the portal has been told if they were successful in getting a ticket yet, what a joke! Get the finger out FAI.

Always the same with the FAI.I think it will be next week when they notify people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the game is a full month away yet and id be pretty sure the scottish FA have not only not sent the tickets yet, but also have not decided on the allocation.

the fact that there was a general sale yesterday means for me that there could be a chance of an increased allocation, though its unlikely.

i apply for practically every away game for Man United and i can tell you, theres been games where tickets arrive the day before the game and on two occasions, i had to get to Old Trafford first to collect the tickets, the morning of the game.

relax a little and theres no need to blame the FAI for allocations to an away game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I've applied for aways and would be hopeful of getting them even though demand is big. Bought 2 in the home end yesterday just in case, hopefully be selling these once I get word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do people think it would be a bad idea to buy tickets intended for Scotland fans for this game?

At the minute thats the only ones I see for sale, and of course in all internationals involving Ireland you tend to see green jerseys intermingled with the home fans, but perhaps in this game the home fans might not be as accommodating, especially when we beat them!

Plenty of Irish fans have been buying tickets for sections 115 and 114 as we are supposed to be getting allocated 116-120.
    They went on sale yesterday and you pick up the tickets at Parkhead match day.
    I was tempted to buy some yesterday but expect to get sorted through FAI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

any one have any idea what number of irish fans will be in the stadium?

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »

Officially we have to get 5% of attendance but I hope SFA increase this and then with people buying up home tickets its impossible to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Why did the Scottish FA agree to hold this game in Celtic Park? Surely it would be the worst place anywhere in the world outside of Ireland opposition to play Ireland in a competitive game?

elefant wrote: »
    Why did the Scottish FA agree to hold this game in Celtic Park? Surely it would be the worst place anywhere in the world outside of Ireland opposition to play Ireland in a competitive game?

Only choice was Parkhead or Ibrox and I presume they didn't want it in Ibrox in case there was any hassle.Ibrox got other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Official allocation is 3,000. Strachan/ Scottish FA went with the lowest possible allocation in order the keep us to a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Official allocation is 3,000. Strachan/ Scottish FA went with the lowest possible allocation in order the keep us to a minimum.
    I think they set this allocation knowing that there'll be twice that amount buying general tickets. Which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Biggest ground in the country, its a no brainer really..

I think they set this allocation knowing that there'll be twice that amount buying general tickets. Which is fair enough.

They knew the interest in this would be massive from an irish perspective, thats why they issued us a base allocation of just 3,000. They dont want us taking over the place. If we happen to get some on general sale so be it, but Strachan wants to keep our numbers down in order to help his own team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    They knew the interest in this would be massive from an irish perspective, thats why they issued us a base allocation of just 3,000. They dont want us taking over the place. If we happen to get some on general sale so be it, but Strachan wants to keep our numbers down in order to help his own team.
    I don't really see the problem.

I don't really see the problem.

Thats because there is none. :p:)

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Only choice was Parkhead or Ibrox and I presume they didn't want it in Ibrox in case there was any hassle.Ibrox got other games.

Couldn't they have held it in Hampden Park? Just seems to me they're shooting themselves in the foot... it'll be the closest thing to a home game on away soil Ireland could hope for.

Obviously as a spectacle it'll be great, but I thought they'd have wanted to give themselves every sporting advantage possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Couldn't they have held it in Hampden Park? Just seems to me they're shooting themselves in the foot... it'll be the closest thing to a home game on away soil Ireland could hope for.

Obviously as a spectacle it'll be great, but I thought they'd have wanted to give themselves every sporting advantage possible.

Hampden is still getting back to being a football ground after the commonwealth games

It would have been in Hampden but its not ready yet.once its reverted all games will be there the same as all recent campaigns.
    Only Parkhead and Ibrox the options when Hampden unavailable. Don't think SFA would give rent to rugby union when they have 2 grounds to choose from.

I don't see how it would be like a home game for Ireland, if they are only getting 3000 tickets out of 60000.

Even if we have another 3000 in on top of the official tickets, thats still only 10% of the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I don't see how it would be like a home game for Ireland, if they are only getting 3000 tickets out of 60000.

Even if we have another 3000 in on top of the official tickets, thats still only 10% of the ground.

Assume he means a lot of Scottish Celtic fans might buy tickets for their Irish mates or themselves. Although I suppose that could also be the case for Hampden too.

Hampden is still getting back to being a football ground after the commonwealth games
    yabadabado wrote: »
    It would have been in Hampden but its not ready yet.once its reverted all games will be there the same as all recent campaigns.
    Only Parkhead and Ibrox the options when Hampden unavailable. Don't think SFA would give rent to rugby union when they have 2 grounds to choose from.

Ah, fair enough, that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

You underestimate the amount of Scottish Celtic fans who consider themselves Irish and support Ireland, and Ireland are playing on their doorstep. We could have an allocation of 0 and still have serious support in the thousands.

Many interesting dynamics in the game. The first time Irish jerseys, Celtic jerseys and tri-colours will be in the away end of Paradise. Fields of Athenry coming from the away end too, maybe Celtic Symphony for the day that will be in it. It will feel weird.

You underestimate the amount of Scottish Celtic fans who consider themselves Irish and support Ireland, and Ireland are playing on their doorstep. We could have an allocation of 0 and still have serious support in the thousands.

Many interesting dynamics in the game. The first time Irish jerseys, Celtic jerseys and tri-colours will be in the away end of Paradise. Fields of Athenry coming from the away end too, maybe Celtic Symphony for the day that will be in it. It will feel weird.

Cliftonville [played in Celtic Park last year, plenty of Celtic/Irish jerseys in the away end that night

Also many Irish clubs have played Celtic in Europe over the years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

[/B]

Cliftonville [played in Celtic Park last year, plenty of Celtic/Irish jerseys in the away end that night

Also many Irish clubs have played Celtic in Europe over the years!

Fair enough ha. Although you know what I mean. More in reference to none in the home end and the Scottish Celtic fans supporting Scotland watching this go on in the away end. Would feel weird (Cliftonville fans were amazing that night, never stopped singing until long after the final whistle went)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lads, do you reckon there would be an issue with going in with Scotland fans?

lads, do you reckon there would be an issue with going in with Scotland fans?

I wouldn't think so.Huge amount of tickets sold for sections 116 and 117 the last week and I reckon the bulk of those are Irish fans as we have 118 -120 as the away section.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if many Irish fans will be in the Lisbon Lions stand?

Anyone know if many Irish fans will be in the Lisbon Lions stand?
    FAI ticket are for 118 -120 and it looks like a lot of tickets were sold for 117,116,112 111 and 110 the last 2 weeks .
    I reckon the majority of those were Irish as there were better seats available but they weren't selling compared to these sections.

Advertisement