Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish in Cambridge

Options
  • 16-08-2014 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all, just arrived in Cambridge yesterday, had my job set up before I came over, I've been very lucky in that sense. Was brought round Cambridge yesterday and last night,my god is this place dead, just wondering any other Irish here that knows of good places to go and meet people.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

stevplum wrote: »
    Hi all, just arrived in Cambridge yesterday, had my job set up before I came over, I've been very lucky in that sense. Was brought round Cambridge yesterday and last night,my god is this place dead, just wondering any other Irish here that knows of good places to go and meet people.
    Cheers

Where is Cambridge?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

el diablo wrote: »
    Where is Cambridge?

South west Ontario :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I lived an hour down the road, met a few people from there who said much the same. They used to travel to Kitchener-Waterloo or even Toronto for the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I live an hour away. Not too many Irish in Cambridge mate. It's also connected to Kitchener and Waterloo, neither of which are thriving metropolis's, but you are just under an hour from Toronto so its handy from that point of view.
    Big university in Waterloo so would be a bit of nightlife close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

Thanks all. Slowly finding these things out.in hindsight it's probably a good idea that I'm in a quieter place, help keep me in at the weekends and might get to safe some cash.done a year in oz n probaly could count the number of weekends I stayed in on 1 hand. Hard to meet people over here though when staying in especially the opposite sex lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement