Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year in NUIG 14/15

Options
  • 17-08-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Heading to NUIG to do commerce in a few weeks and I'm really excited but I don't know a soul going and also don't have accommodation yet because I'm waiting to see if i get a place in Corrib village but i won't know until the 22nd which is cutting it very short. Anybody else in the same boat ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Becca27 wrote: »
    Heading to NUIG to do commerce in a few weeks and I'm really excited but I don't know a soul going and also don't have accommodation yet because I'm waiting to see if i get a place in Corrib village but i won't know until the 22nd which is cutting it very short. Anybody else in the same boat ?

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away from Galway...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jimmers_95

I'm the same I got into general science and don't know anyone going and cant seem to find any accommodation :( I'm an 18 year old male if anyone has anywhere going cheers :)
    Jimmers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oleary321

I'm also going into first year and looking for accommodation! If anyone can help please do haha! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Join our unlikely band of heroes, as they set off on the adventure of a lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johnm3467

Im the same have no accommodation yet because I thought I was going to Cork. Everything good is booked as well. College is starting in less than two weeks so beginning to panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nattyy

Becca27 wrote: »

I'm doing commerce too! me and my bestfriend have been looking for accomodation, if anyone wants to share a house or something close enough to nuig pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Ok so I'm doing arts and I'm doing archeology, spanish, english and psychology and for 3 of the subjects there are three modules and beside each one of them it says wether it's semester one or two but spanish only has one module and it says semester 5? I'm really confused about it because there are only 2 semesters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ErinT

i think there's loads of people in the same boat without accommodation , i can't find anything cause i didn't expect to be going to galway ! but im sure if you have somewhere to stay for the first week there will be loads of people looking for people to get a house !! :) i'm basically depending on that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm doing arts and I'm doing archeology, spanish, english and psychology and for 3 of the subjects there are three modules and beside each one of them it says wether it's semester one or two but spanish only has one module and it says semester 5? I'm really confused about it because there are only 2 semesters?
    Its a typo. Wouldn't worry about it. You'll find out when you start in few weeks time
    ErinT wrote: »
    i think there's loads of people in the same boat without accommodation , i can't find anything cause i didn't expect to be going to galway ! but im sure if you have somewhere to stay for the first week there will be loads of people looking for people to get a house !! :) i'm basically depending on that
    There will be plenty of accommodation around. Contact the college accommodation office, student union etc if you are still struggling on Monday/Tuesday.

Will this thread be merged with other thread for 14/15 students?

• Advertisement
Advertisement