Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pal N64 S-video cable vs NTSC RGB mod?

• 17-08-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Was thinking about investing in an everdrive recently, I have an old pal console lying around and I was wondering if I purchased one of the S-video cables from consolegoods how would it look compared to a RGB modded Ntsc N64

The Ntsc console would probably cost a bit and I'm wondering would it be worth the hassle or would getting a S-video cable be sufficient

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Obviously the RGB signal is the best when considering N64, the modded pal svideo leads are very good though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

NTSC machine is worth the investment. While the PAL svideo cables are good you still have to play all your games in 50hz even if you play NTSC games through the Everdrive. Getting to play all your games in 60 Hz is far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    NTSC machine is worth the investment. While the PAL svideo cables are good you still have to play all your games in 50hz even if you play NTSC games through the Everdrive. Getting to play all your games in 60 Hz is far more important.

Ahh I see, I was under the impression that the Pal everdrive was capable of outputting NTSC games at 60hz on a pal console

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Ahh I see, I was under the impression that the Pal everdrive was capable of outputting NTSC games at 60hz on a pal console

Nope, the console is locked to 50Hz so even NTSC games will be slowed down and bordered on a PAL machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nope, the console is locked to 50Hz so even NTSC games will be slowed down and bordered on a PAL machine.

That sucks suppose Ill look at a Ntsc model so, one more question if you dont mind, save me the hassle of making another thread, can you use the pal PSU on a Ntsc model?

• Advertisement

Yes you can. I use one on my NTSC machine, very handy since they just clip out. No need for a step-down because of it.

Advertisement