Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ad Astra and Choral Scholars

Options
  • 17-08-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hey guys, waiting to accept my CAO offer of science on monday morning, got my leaving cert results last week and I got 6 higher level A1's, I'm wondering does this mean I get an Ad astra academic scholarship and if so do I automatically get it or do I just get offered it. Also what exactly would I get as part of an ad astra scholarship? I've read bits and pieces from the UCD website and threads on here saying half of fees paid and accommodation and stuff but nothing is clear. If so, do you get to pick your campus accommodation or do you have to live in a specific place? And is it completely paid or half paid?
    Also if I get ad astra does that exempt me from applying for choral scholars? I'm not trying to be greedy here, with scholarships :rolleyes: choral schols was actually one of the things that attracted me to UCD in the first place as I'm a singer and think it would be such a special thing to be part of.

Basically do I automatically get ad astra and does that mean I cant be in the choral scholars ensemble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

http://www.ucd.ie/adastraacademy/performingarts/ourscholars/ I'm not sure but this seems to imply that you can do both. It is specifically mentioned in Susie Gibbons profile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

kilrush wrote: »
    http://www.ucd.ie/adastraacademy/performingarts/ourscholars/ I'm not sure but this seems to imply that you can do both. It is specifically mentioned in Susie Gibbons profile. :)

Thank you :) while these are performing arts scholars I'm hoping that the same thing applies with academic scholarships :) you hardly know about the half paid/free accommodation do you? I've read the ad astra web page up and down and can find nothing specific on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭kilrush

Thank you :) while these are performing arts scholars I'm hoping that the same thing applies with academic scholarships :) you hardly know about the half paid/free accommodation do you? I've read the ad astra web page up and down and can find nothing specific on it!

I think and this is very much so a guess as I've heard it before but can't remember exactly but I think that it is half of Campus accommodation if you choose to take that/you get a place or I think you can get a third of the value of Campus accommodation to be put towards rent externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm fairly sure it's not fully paid for, and you can definitely do both. Good luck with the auditions.

Advertisement