Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL first years 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    I recall being told something about stickers that you put on your student ID cards. What is it for and where do I get one?

You get them at the SU. They're to show you're a member of the Stables Club. €2 (unless it's gone up).

I think you need it on the back of the card to get into SU events like Scouting for Girls and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Do you actually need it? I thought it was just to show you were over 18.

You can only get it if you're over 18, so it's basically the only proof you have on the card. You don't really need it, strictly speaking but I would strongly recommend looking for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I am in 4th year and never have been asked to show my sticker apart from last year at rag week. It is for the bigger Stables events so if you're going to be a regular at Stables, you should get it. It's only 2euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Cheers lads! Will go down tomorrow after lectures!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

sup_dude wrote: »
    It's basically Stables membership. You need it to get into most events and places. You can get it in the SU :)

Is this the thing we all had to pay 3 Euro for in the SU at orientation? Before we got our cards? I never went back to get mine, too busy moving into a house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hey! Only two of my modules that I registered for out of 5 are showing up in the my active sites part of Sulis? Does anyone know why the other ones aren't there?

Hey! Only two of my modules that I registered for out of 5 are showing up in the my active sites part of Sulis? Does anyone know why the other ones aren't there?

Not every module uses Sulis. If you know for a fact the modules that are missing should be on SULIS, contact your lecturer.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not every module uses Sulis. If you know for a fact the modules that are missing should be on SULIS, contact your lecturer.

Thanks! I know there's definitely one missing that should be on it :(

Thanks! I know there's definitely one missing that should be on it :(

Fire your lecturer an email. Sometimes it's just a case that the lecturer hasn't set up SULIS for the module yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can someone tell me where the living bridge is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Can someone tell me where the living bridge is?

If you're standing facing the ski slopes, turn left and head that way passing the Foundation Building and the Engineering Research Building. Keep going down and you'll see it on your right :)

How do you work those ovens in Plassey? Nobody in our house have a clue so we are forced to use the microwave or get a takeaway

How do you work those ovens in Plassey? Nobody in our house have a clue so we are forced to use the microwave or get a takeaway

If it's the same as this one:
    1. Turn on the switch on the wall. (The timer on the left should be blinking)
    2. Press both buttons under the timer together. (The timer on the left should say 12:00)
    3. Press the button on the right side.
    4. Turn on the oven.
    5. Send cooked food to wnolan1992.

If it's not that one:
    1. Try turning it off and on again.
    2. Sob uncontrollably for 10 minutes.
    3. Order takeaway.
    4. Send takeaway to wnolan1992.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If it's the same as this one:
    1. Turn on the switch on the wall. (The timer on the left should be blinking)
    2. Press both buttons under the timer together. (The timer on the left should say 12:00)
    3. Press the button on the right side.
    4. Turn on the oven.
    5. Send cooked food to wnolan1992.

If it's not that one:
    1. Try turning it off and on again.
    2. Sob uncontrollably for 10 minutes.
    3. Order takeaway.
    4. Send takeaway to wnolan1992.

Completely different to that. We have two nobs on it, one for the oven settings and another for the temperature. There's a timer in between those and has 4 buttons. There's no writing on it so we can't figure out which one is which. One setting turns the oven light on and that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Where would the "east lane bus stop" be? That's where my bus will be later, but not sure how to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Are you sure it's not the East Gate? A lot of buses leave from there on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

phish wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not the East Gate? A lot of buses leave from there on a Friday.

That might have been it. How do I get to that? :pac:
    I'm lucky enough that I have all my modules in either CS building, or foundation building. So I don't really know where anything is other than those two..

That might have been it. How do I get to that? :pac:
    I'm lucky enough that I have all my modules in either CS building, or foundation building. So I don't really know where anything is other than those two..

All buses stopping via UL will always stop at the Courtyard. I think East Gate is on the main road, beside the Arena? Could be wrong though

Not all buses stop at the courtyard. Most private buses won't anyway and non-town bus eireanns will sometimes come in the east gate too and so won't stop at the courtyard either.

The east gate car park is up past the arena. When you cross the road at the courtyard (heading to the arena) just keep following that path - don't cross back over and the car park is the last one on the right before the gates. Once you get up there you'll see the buses.

Anyone have any info on buses from UL to Galway on a Thursday evening/night?

• Advertisement

Direct buses to galway from limerick leave to bus station in town at quarter past the hour until 5.15 after that there are only non direct buses that stop everywhere in between.

No buses direct to galway from UL except on Fridays.

The direct bus takes 1hr 20mins and stops only at GMIT and the station in galway city.

Not sure of times for non direct bus but if you google bus eireann timetables you'll find it - 51 (non direct) or x51 (direct).

Costs are €13 single and €18 return. It's handiest to either buy the tickets in the SU before heading into town or online as it saves time in the station esp. Handy if you're running late.

phish wrote: »
    Direct buses to galway from limerick leave to bus station in town at quarter past the hour until 5.15 after that there are only non direct buses that stop everywhere in between.

No buses direct to galway from UL except on Fridays.

The direct bus takes 1hr 20mins and stops only at GMIT and the station in galway city.

Not sure of times for non direct bus but if you google bus eireann timetables you'll find it - 51 (non direct) or x51 (direct).

Costs are €13 single and €18 return. It's handiest to either buy the tickets in the SU before heading into town or online as it saves time in the station esp. Handy if you're running late.

Thanks a million! Looks like I'll be taking the 51 because it's during the evening. How handy is it to get from the Stables to Limerick Bus Station?

Thanks a million! Looks like I'll be taking the 51 because it's during the evening. How handy is it to get from the Stables to Limerick Bus Station?

If you get the 304 city bus from UL to the city you can ask the bus driver to tell you when to get off for the bus station :)

It's grand really like says above 304 into the city. I know some bus drivers can be pricks and won't tell you when to get off even though they say they will so I will just explain briefly in case.

When you're on the bus, keep an eye out for the fire station on the right hand side and you want to get off at the stop after that. Them walk straight up to the traffic lights in front of you. Turn left and just keep heading down the road and the station is on the left.

Like I said before it can be handy to get your ticket in the students union as it saves time in town, that way if your cutting it close you can just get straight on the bus rather than having to go inside to buy a ticket first. The galway non direct leaves from bay 3 (direct bus is bay 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiiaRawr.

Anybody have any idea how much lab coats and goggles are in the su?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

CiiaRawr. wrote: »

From the SU Facebook page:
    Goggles €4.95
    Lab Coats €14.95, available in S, M, L, XL.

CiiaRawr. wrote: »

Lab Coats - €14.95
    Goggles - €4.95

Is it possible to view previous years exam papers?

Is it possible to view previous years exam papers?

Yes.

Go here -> https://sharepoint.ul.ie/sites/Students/exampapers/default.aspx
    Login with your Student ID and Network Password (same ones you use for email and PCs).

Be warned that it's not very well organised. Some modules will have nice year by year breakdowns, others will be a hodgepodge of .pdfs, others will have nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lol

Advertisement