Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caterer Waterford area

Options
  • 17-08-2014 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    I'm throwing a birthday party for my wife and I'm looking for a caterer to do the food...just the usual party food stuff. Malloy's seem a bit overpriced!
    Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Fuelwatch wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm throwing a birthday party for my wife and I'm looking for a caterer to do the food...just the usual party food stuff. Malloy's seem a bit overpriced!
    Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

Just Molloys for my daughters 21st recently.
    I just set them a budget and got loads for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had a birthday party last weekend and discovered the week beforehand that SuperValu do catering. I just placed the order, collected it on the day and everything was lovely, better than I expected. It worked out a lot cheaper than using a caterer which I've done in the past. I also ordered my birthday cake there and it was lovely.

They have brochures at the deli counter.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Molloys is one. Vee Bistro another who does it. SuperValu too, I forgot about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Mary Grimes does catering too have never used her so cannot recommend .
    Have used Molloys and you can tell them how much you have to spend they have lots of choices for menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

deisemum wrote: »
    I had a birthday party last weekend and discovered the week beforehand that SuperValu do catering. I just placed the order, collected it on the day and everything was lovely, better than I expected. It worked out a lot cheaper than using a caterer which I've done in the past. I also ordered my birthday cake there and it was lovely.

They have brochures at the deli counter.
    Hi, is it all Supervalu's or is it the old SuperQuinn store? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Woodgate wrote: »

Both.

Woodgate wrote: »

I went to the old Superquinn store as it's nearer to me. The staff in the deli counter were very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Puzzled person

Fuelwatch wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any recommendations??
    Thanks!

Hi if you try SubarraCafe in tramore. Heard she is excellent and not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fuelwatch

Thanks for your replies, I will check these out

My inlaws used Blueberry Cafe in Cleaboy Business Park, they do catering too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Grow Cafe do catering (http://growcafe.ie/index.php/catering-menu). +1 for Mary Grimes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tallcarrie

Would really recommend Granary Cafe who also do outside catering - Peter Fowler there is great and their food is lovely

Advertisement