Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Transfer movies to iphone5

• 17-08-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transfer movies I have on my laptop to my iphone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

Unfortunately this is one of the reasons I left apple. The videos need to be in the right format that apple will accept. Then you use iTunes to sync with. If they are not the right format you will need to change them into the right format with some software first. Sorry it's been too long I can't remember what I used, but someone else can help. It was a bit of hassle for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

emo72 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is one of the reasons I left apple. The videos need to be in the right format that apple will accept. Then you use iTunes to sync with. If they are not the right format you will need to change them into the right format with some software first. Sorry it's been too long I can't remember what I used, but someone else can help. It was a bit of hassle for me.

Cheers correct format is important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Use Handbrake.

What format do I covert to and what do I do after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Handbrake should offer an iPhone preset and then just drag the output files into iTunes. Then sync through iTunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

I use the VLC for ios app. It allows you to wirelessly transfer movies from the laptop to your phone. Very quick, easy to use and plays most formats!

Sorted handbrake worked fine. Transferred two movies. Thanks for help

Advertisement