Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan Issues with PS3 Super Slim

Options
  • 17-08-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have a Super Slim 500 GB PS3 for less than 2 years that since yesterday has had the fan coming on much louder than usual about 10 -30 mins after the console was switched on, almost sounding like a vacuum cleaner. I have tried cleaning off any dust that was on it and within the area of where it is. I have tried keeping it raised to allow air through the bottom vents as well. The air that comes out of the vents of the PS3 and the PS3's exterior itself aren't particularly that warm to seem that it's overheating, but I could be wrong.

Do these problems mean I could be seeing the YLOD in the future? Will I need to get this repaired or is there anything else I could try before doing so? Or is this nothing to be alarmed about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭budman9

You have to change thermal paste on CPU core (under IHS). Risky if no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

If that's the case, is there any good places in Dublin that can do a thermal paste job? And for what price?

Advertisement