Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread*** [R1 points linked in first post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MichOS

Thanks so much Dan, bloody Irish Times still haven't updated the digital edition I paid for with the supplement. It was up ages by this time in 2011! All ok anyway, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Phte wrote: »
    You and about 40 others.

Jeez and you said you got 625 :pac:

Oh aren't you hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Phelanhappy

if there is no star does that mean everyone who applied and got the points is in

Yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

I will accept payment in the form of sexual favours, ladies I am single so form an orderly queue :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

is that not if there IS a star?

If there's a star there's random selection.

I'm 99% sure anyway...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Got all confused. Sorry! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Phte

aleatorio wrote: »
    Oh aren't you hilarious.

Thanks for noticing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hey guys, I missed my course by 5 points. There's no star beside it so would it be possible for it to drop 5 points in second round offers?
    Also what if I get my scripts rechecked and I manage to get the 5 points, college has already started and there might not be any room left

It depends on the course, less likely to happen on popular courses with small numbers.

Rechecks: Yes if you go up 5 points in the rechecks they are obliged to offer you a place. There are a number of scenarios in this case:

You might have taken a different offer and you might be happy in that course/college and choose to stay there. You can decline the offer, you are not obliged to take it.

You might be offered the place and told you can start straight away. It's up to you if you choose to do so. If it's in the same college, that's not so much of a problem, you're already in place. On the other hand if you are set up in Galway and your new offer is in Dublin you might find it hard to get accommodation etc. If you were offered the place again, you can choose to accept it, but you can also choose to defer it and it will be kept for you until the following year.

You might be offered a place for next year because the course is full. Because you make the points after the upgrade they are obliged to offer the place to you, but in cases where the course is full they offer you a place for the following year. Again whether you take it or not is up to you.

Generally if it was something like Arts, Business it probably wouldn't be a problem fitting you in, as they are large courses and 1 more won't make a different and they will have had a few drop outs even that early in the year.

In a small course where demand is high there may be a restriction on numberss due to lab space etc (science, medicine, dentistry) and they can only give you the place if there is a space, otherwise you get one in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

if there is no star does that mean everyone who applied and got the points is in
    Yes.
    Phte wrote: »
    You and about 40 others.

Jeez and you said you got 625 :pac:

You get what you wanted, layzer?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

MichOS wrote: »
    Thanks so much Dan, bloody Irish Times still haven't updated the digital edition I paid for with the supplement. It was up ages by this time in 2011! All ok anyway, thanks again!

I would wright a strongly worded letter to them if I were you.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 izzybobz

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    I will accept payment in the form of sexual favours, ladies I am single so form an orderly queue :pac:

Bless your soul. I hope you get laid tomorrow/tonight

T'other Dan might have something to say about that! ;)

Yes.

You get what you wanted, layzer?

Yup, 85 points to spare :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Phelanhappy

Yeah, if there is a star, for eg: 520* then not everyone that applied and got 520 got onto the course and are chosen through random selection. No star- 520- means everyone who applied and got 520+ has gotten in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Been there, done that

I don't think you should discriminate against the lads!

Been there, done that

You paid in advance shure :pac:

Been there, done that
    Got the t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Joey!!

My hair is turning grey with all the stress

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Muddlingthru

Do ppl here have the list and if so can you please tell me what is Children's and general nursing ucd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Got the t-shirt?

Stained the t-shirt.

Joey!! wrote: »
    My hair is turning grey with all the stress

Awww well the salt and pepper look is very in for autumn anyway =P

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PTA

So, are we all crashing the CAO website later? :D

Stained the t-shirt.

Has that post of the year award thing been given out yet? :pac:

Stained the t-shirt.

You seem to be implying clothes were even on

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

It depends on the course, less likely to happen on popular courses with small numbers.

Rechecks: Yes if you go up 5 points in the rechecks they are obliged to offer you a place. There are a number of scenarios in this case:

You might have taken a different offer and you might be happy in that course/college and choose to stay there. You can decline the offer, you are not obliged to take it.

You might be offered the place and told you can start straight away. It's up to you if you choose to do so. If it's in the same college, that's not so much of a problem, you're already in place. On the other hand if you are set up in Galway and your new offer is in Dublin you might find it hard to get accommodation etc. If you were offered the place again, you can choose to accept it, but you can also choose to defer it and it will be kept for you until the following year.

You might be offered a place for next year because the course is full. Because you make the points after the upgrade they are obliged to offer the place to you, but in cases where the course is full they offer you a place for the following year. Again whether you take it or not is up to you.

Generally if it was something like Arts, Business it probably wouldn't be a problem fitting you in, as they are large courses and 1 more won't make a different and they will have had a few drop outs even that early in the year.

In a small course where demand is high there may be a restriction on numberss due to lab space etc (science, medicine, dentistry) and they can only give you the place if there is a space, otherwise you get one in 2015.

Thanks for such a great explanation on things, really cleared things up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

PTA wrote: »

Seeing as boards crashed I dont think the Cao.ie site has much hope :D

1hr and 18mins... Should we do a new years eve style count down?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 AlTahir

PTA wrote: »

Let's do this. *cracks knuckles*

• Advertisement

Well there's not gonna be a mad rush at 6am on the CAO site anymore.. :pac:

Advertisement