Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two young professionals looking for house share in Dublin

Options
  • 17-08-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Two young professionals looking to share a house with two or three others in the rathmines, Harold's cross area. Looking to move in September time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

What kind of bunse are you offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Daft.ie

Honestly your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Your better bet would be to rent a place yourself and then start looking for tenants to come in and share with you. Nobody really accepts couples these days for a myriad of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kazmo92

Eldarion wrote: »
    Your better bet would be to rent a place yourself and then start looking for tenants to come in and share with you. Nobody really accepts couples these days for a myriad of reasons.

We are not a couple.

Kazmo92 wrote: »
    We are not a couple.

Ah good deal so. The advice still stands though, it'd be easier for ye to rent a place yourselves and try to get extra people in rather than looking for places that will accept the two of ye.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Eldarion wrote: »
    Ah good deal so. The advice still stands though, it'd be easier for ye to rent a place yourselves and try to get extra people in rather than looking for places that will accept the two of ye.

I've been trying to do this and landlords have not been open to this arrangement.

I've been trying to do this and landlords have not been open to this arrangement.

How are you approaching them? There is really only 1 thing you need to ask. Do you allow subletting?

There will be LLs out there who do allow subletting. I imagine you are asking it in a way where you and your friend don't want to be responsible for the full rent each month in which case of course the LL is going to say no.

You'll have to be prepared to take on the full risk of the monthly rent payments regardless of whether you have sub tenants paying you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Kazmo92 wrote: »
    Two young professionals looking to share a house with two or three others in the rathmines, Harold's cross area. Looking to move in September time.

Something like this place would suit you two surely?

http://www.daft.ie/lettings/mt-argus-park-harolds-cross-dublin/1476794/

€800 each without a tenant and €535 or so each with three in the house. Personally I would prefer something with at least 2 bathrooms if 3 people living there but rental property is very scarce at the moment so beggars and choosers and all that. You would have a third person in there within a week is my guess.

Advertisement