Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velogames Fantasy Vuelta a Espana

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Doing brutal myself atm but after today's results are factored in it wont be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Move from like 3rd last to 22nd. Not bad in 1 day if I do say so myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Woohoo first! The only way is down from here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

from last to 34th to 21st

Just like the GC boys Im gradually moving into position for a tilt at the top come the hills :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

I'm sucking so far but bring on the hills till my boys climb up the leader board.
    Hoping for big things from MTN-Qhubeka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

after a poor start had 4 riders in top 11 yesterday stage

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Moved up another 6 places into the top 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Jumped up to 8th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

With Quintana out, that's my team sunk.

I'm amazed that Van Den Broeck hasn't scored a single point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Im amazed its taken this long for me to lose a rider

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

I've managed to claw my way into 5th, happy enough about that.

sitting 6th currently. Ive been up and down from 5th to 11th the past few days.

Will probably drop a bit today when the Matthews & Degenkolb teams get a rake of points before moving back up again when the mountains re-emerge.

If only Id copped Id selected Niki Sorenson (not selected to ride) when I thought I was picking Chris Anker id have been in with a great shot of topping the boards league :redface:

is the velogames site a bit all over the place! I cant seem to find the total score for my riders

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

Sseems fine to me, managed to get myself into 4th now.

Looks like no one backed Alberto in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Tzarkahn wrote: »
    Sseems fine to me, managed to get myself into 4th now.

Looks like no one backed Alberto in this league.

was a coin toss between froomey and bertie picked wrong !

• Advertisement

Fantasy Tour of Britain http://www.velogames.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Fantasy Tour of Britain http://www.velogames.com/

Someof the costs are abit strange
    Kittle has higest price but surely overall potential winner should be that

Also Jack Baur is a very low price...given how he goes in thisrace
    Can't see Ryan Mullen who should be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lord Di Lego

I'm in third at the moment, but have been involved in the struggle for the league supremacy a fair amount of stages now. Still not sure if I will be able to challenge until the end, I see points to worry about, but let's see.

After taking podium at the Spring Classics and winning the Dauphiné in our internal leagues, I feel the need to prove myself at a GT. The rest of races? Let's not think about them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭seany15

I'm in third at the moment, but have been involved in the struggle for the league supremacy a fair amount of stages now. Still not sure if I will be able to challenge until the end, I see points to worry about, but let's see.

After taking podium at the Spring Classics and winning the Dauphiné in our internal leagues, I feel the need to prove myself at a GT. The rest of races? Let's not think about them. :P

The club also run our own league, I've won the two GTs so far this year and have been worse than useless in the classics/dauphine/Swiss. And as I sit atop the boards league at the moment as well as the club league, one cant help but wonder if fantasy cycling is not unlike real cycling, insofar as that you are good at a certain type of race.......

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

I've had a disasterous year. Half my TdF team pulled out,I chose Quintana and Sagan as my two main scorers for the Vuelta, and I "gambled" on Betancur finding form/getting a kick up the arse!!!!

I am languishing between 2nd to 5th last in the Boards League for the Vuelta after finishing in the bottom ten for the Tour.

It really is pot luck. I finished top ten in both tours for 2013.

• Advertisement

Up to 4th place. 36th best overall score for stage 14 :-) Hopefully my mountain goats have another 2 good days now to spring me up to the top of the pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Up to 8th myself. Very happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

21st and down to 5 riders(not that bad since i started the race with 7, forgot to check my team before the deadline)

My team put in a great performance on yesterday's stage, which not only resulted in top40 on the stage over the entirety of Velogames, but it also put me in the lead of the Boards-league with a decent advantage.

Hopefully I can hold on until the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭jedistev

Sorry for late entries,

Seems I'm top of the league at the moment, Sorry Guy. Best things, I'm a current ranking 4th of overall in Velogames league.

Thinking of quitting IT day jobs and start a career as Director Sportif :)

jedistev wrote: »
    Sorry for late entries,

Seems I'm top of the league at the moment, Sorry Guy. Best things, I'm a current ranking 4th of overall in Velogames league.

Thinking of quitting IT day jobs and start a career as Director Sportif :)

Goddamnit! Man, that a big advantage, I guess that settles this race. Maybe I should follow your career path to improve my skills for next year. :P

At least win the entire Velogames-Vuelta for us, put us on the map. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

In like Flynn.............
    /what tragedies await my heroes :confused::eek::o

Ah yes, I strike again, Quintana/Bouhanni/T.Martin gone, Uran sick :rolleyes:

My team put in a great performance on yesterday's stage, which not only resulted in top40 on the stage over the entirety of Velogames, but it also put me in the lead of the Boards-league with a decent advantage.

Hopefully I can hold on until the end.

Not as good as your Tour of Britain team did. 6th overall !! #fix :pac:

Seems somebody has joined the Boards league late and is 4th overall on Velogames and romping to Boards victory !! :mad::mad:

Just when I thought I was climbing my way to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

D3PO wrote: »
    Not as good as your Tour of Britain team did. 6th overall !! #fix :pac:

Seems somebody has joined the Boards league late and is 4th overall on Velogames and romping to Boards victory !! :mad::mad:

Just when I thought I was climbing my way to the top.

Is there a Boards Tour of Britain league?

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Is there a Boards Tour of Britain league?

Yep code is in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92093990

• Advertisement

So, the competition ended and the Boards-League was won by jedistev aka Steven Smith, who also took 8th in the GC (across all of Velogames). Really well done, congratz! I was pretty far off, but still took 2nd with a good margin down to 'De Puta Madre' in 3rd. Congratz to him too. ;)

So, the competition ended and the Boards-League was won by jedistev aka Steven Smith, who also took 8th in the GC (across all of Velogames). Really well done, congratz! I was pretty far off, but still took 2nd with a good margin down to 'De Puta Madre' in 3rd. Congratz to him too. ;)

Just think of the WT points you gained ;)

Advertisement