Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

coffee kiosk/stand business

• 17-08-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

I was just at an event that had 2 chippy vans and an ice cream van....and a couple of us were craving a half decent cup of tea or coffee.

So, has anyone set up a coffee kiosk/stand?

What kind of costs were involved? Its not something I could do full time but there are always plenty of weekend events around that might make it worth while

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

A lot of people seem to have tried and usually don't do too well. Coffee Angel seem to be the only decent one doing business? Could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

James_R wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to have tried and usually don't do too well. Coffee Angel seem to be the only decent one doing business? Could be wrong.

Could be because Karl seems to be relentless in his quality control, I think people will travel a bit now for great coffee and will skip over a van with mediocre coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

If I was doing this (and I have given it a few thoughts) I'd love to offer only filter, but I just don't think I'd sell too much. Would have a pain in the arse saying - NO latte's, NO cappuccinos, NO espresso!! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I seen one on the pier of Dun Laoghaire and one on Dolly Mount beach. They were out of vans Most businesses rely on a constant flow of the same customers. These vans would generally have a different set of customers each week I imagine and I wont buy a coffee from a place unless I know its good. I wouldnt buy it from a van, because I cant imagine a guy that makes a few cups of coffee on a sunday, knows how to make a decent coffee

Advertisement