Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Rates

Options
  • 17-08-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on an Urban night / day plan. 

I see there is a different standing charge depending on whether you are on "[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Day\Night Urban" or "[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Night Storage Urban". I see that the latter requires a Night Storage meter. [/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]What is the difference between these 2 plans? If I am already on a Day\night plan then surely there is already a night meter installed? What am I missing?[/font]

[font=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Many thanks. [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi JTMan,

Thanks for your post.
    JTMan wrote:
    What is the difference between these 2 plans? If I am already on a Day\night plan then surely there is already a night meter installed? What am I missing?

The difference between the nightsaver meter and the night storage heating meter is outlined here. Basically they are separate meters applicable to different tariffs. If you have a nightsaver (or day/night) meter, you may well have storage heaters installed that take advantage of the cheaper nighttime hours. But so too would the rest of your appliances.

The Night Storage Heating meter, on the other hand, is designed to cater for night storage heaters, and would be installed additionally as a standalone meter (the nightsaver meter, on the other hand, would replace a 24hr meter). Only night storage heaters can be connected to this type of meter.

If you would like me to double-check your account for you, or if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement