Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Law places

• 17-08-2014 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Does anybody know how many place there were for Law in UCD last year? I think I remember that it was 90, but I'm not sure. The reason I ask is that this year there are 125 places available, and I guess that if there is an increase in the number of places, there may be a decrease in the number of points required to get in. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

I think this is the first year that they've combined all the course codes for law. There used to be seperate codes for law and politics, law and history etc. So its hard to know what will happen to the points since im guessing theres still the same overall number of places in the law department. There just under the same name now. Hopefully it wont go up too much i got 515 and have business and law first and law second, both in ucd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I'm guessing business and law might go to 520 and all the law with courses will go to 510. That's just a guess of course, but demand for law courses is up this year.

I'm hoping to do Law with Economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jammysticks

woodyman wrote: »
    I think this is the first year that they've combined all the course codes for law. There used to be seperate codes for law and politics, law and history etc. So its hard to know what will happen to the points since im guessing theres still the same overall number of places in the law department. There just under the same name now. Hopefully it wont go up too much i got 515 and have business and law first and law second, both in ucd.

As far as I know, last year was the first year all law course codes were combined. Quote from UCD website from August 2013: "This year Law at UCD, DN600, incorporated the previous subject combinations with economics, philosophy, politics and history as well as adding options in social justice this year and in Chinese studies from next year. Points for DN600 rose by 5 to 500."

I'm hoping the increase in places available this year is a result of the completion of the new law centre, rather than the consolidation of the other options under the DN600 degree :)

Best of luck tomorrow. You'll get law without a doubt, anyway.

Advertisement