Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin safe anymore?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

kermit, how many times a week do you ring up Joe Duffy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

kupus wrote: »
    Dublin is my capital city and I want tourists to visit it and I like hearing when theyve had a good time, but its becoming more and more common to hear that tourists have been hounded for one reason or another
    Have you any empirical proof or sources showing this rising petty and violent crime level in Dublin, and how it compares to other cities?

Im going to guess no.
    It's a total disgraceful embarrassment.
    How many other cities have you lived in as a comparison?

Im going to guess none.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

• Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

drumswan wrote: »

Im going to guess none.

I have lived for more than 2 years each in two other capital cities. What is your point?

I'm telling you our city is an out of control kip and you are defending it. You are part of the problem not the solution.

The solution is simple and I have laid it out. You are clearly satisfied with things the way they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

we need more foreign people and less locals living in the city centre to civilise the place.

Mod: User Banned for 1 week

Keep it civil folks

• Advertisement

I have lived for more than 2 years each in two other capital cities. What is your point?

I'm telling you our city is an out of control kip and you are defending it. You are part of the problem not the solution.
    The city is not 'out of control', it is not even mildly dangerous. It is entirely safe. You are a nutcase.

The city is not 'out of control', it is not even mildly dangerous. It is entirely safe. You are a nutcase.

I'm telling you it is out of control. I see it every single day. Keep deluding yourself internet guy.

Beggars, junkies and feral scum everywhere. You must be proud.

I'm telling you it is out of control. I see it every single day. Keep deluding yourself internet guy.

Beggars, junkies and feral scum everywhere. You must be proud.
    Seriously, you should see your GP about these issues. There is something not right here, people shouldnt live with this level of paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Have you ever seen demolition man. Dublin is like the underground City. Lovely rat burgers though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Jboss

Is anywhere safe is life safe

• Advertisement

Seriously, you should see your GP about these issues. There is something not right here, people shouldnt live with this level of paranoia.

Are you looking for an argument? It's obvious you are trolling for one. Keep your condescending goofish remarks to yourself.

Im heading out for a run in Dublin 6/8, if I havent posted back on this thread in 30 minutes you can assume Ive been murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

To answer the OP's query, is Dublin safe to live and go to college in?

Yes, having lived basically my entire life here with trips to the city centre several times a week, I've had maybe 1 or 2 incidents, and none involving weapons or fisticuffs, just people being muppets and only late at night. Sure you will see and hear "undesirables" on O'Connell St, and some of it's neighboring streets like Talbot and Abbey streets but when you keep yourself to yourself you're not going to have any trouble. There's not a single story of pick pockets between myself and everyone I know, Barcelona this ain't.
    I have drunkenly walked to my nitelink by myself on countless occasions at 3:30am in the morning, sit on the top deck of the bus every time and not been involved with a lick of trouble.

So in other words, don't worry about moving up here, you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭irish gent

My Son Is leaving in Barcelona and I told him about the pickpockets big problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mode note: unsurprisingly this thread has descended into the expected mixture of mud slinging, name calling, ad hominems, personal abuse, on thread calling troll and basement level of discussion and continued despite a clear mod warning. Thread closed, sanctions handed out (forum breaks for 2 users).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement