Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Vodafone cheaper?

Options
  • 17-08-2014 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

So I pay for vodafone at home 35 euro / month. That is on Eircom network. Same speeds, same network.

So if contract is for 18 months - that is 35 x 18 months = 630 euro

Eircom has offer half price for 6 months (24 euro) and than 48, so for 18 months = 720 euro.

I am comparing broadband (unlimited) as I have (as many many others) no interest in landline phone.

So I want to ask if there is any reason to switch from Vodafone to Eircom, or are you happy to be more expensive broadband provider on your own network ? Do you plan to introduce broadband only plan (I think you already had it while ago) that would not bundle 'Off-peal calls' and so make you more expensive than your competition?

I used to be Eircom customer, switched to Vodafone as they also had half price offer for 6 months few years ago, and I wouldn't mind to switch back to eircom, but I am surprised you do not offer good value.

EDIT: And that is online offer for limited time, as normaly you charge 48 euro for unlimited plan with 30GB allowance? That is by miles worse deal than your competition.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

198321 wrote: »
    So I pay for vodafone at home 35 euro / month. That is on Eircom network. Same speeds, same network.

So if contract is for 18 months - that is 35 x 18 months = 630 euro

Eircom has offer half price for 6 months (24 euro) and than 48, so for 18 months = 720 euro.

I am comparing broadband (unlimited) as I have (as many many others) no interest in landline phone.

So I want to ask if there is any reason to switch from Vodafone to Eircom, or are you happy to be more expensive broadband provider on your own network ? Do you plan to introduce broadband only plan (I think you already had it while ago) that would not bundle 'Off-peal calls' and so make you more expensive than your competition?

I used to be Eircom customer, switched to Vodafone as they also had half price offer for 6 months few years ago, and I wouldn't mind to switch back to eircom, but I am surprised you do not offer good value.

EDIT: And that is online offer for limited time, as normaly you charge 48 euro for unlimited plan with 30GB allowance? That is by miles worse deal than your competition.

Hi 198321

Unfortunately I will be unable to offer reasons behind or for eircoms pricing structures however if you do wish to explore options on packages and costs please feel free to contact our sales team on free phone 1901. I have been informed that there are no plans to offer a solo broadband package at this moment in time.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement