Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony A200 DLSR won't turn on-Please help.

• 17-08-2014 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

My step father bought one maybe 5 years ago and I believe left it in the boot of his car with damp clothes. I don't believe he ever turned it on. About 4 years ago it was finally moved into the house and again never turned on. A few months back I came across it and inspected it- not a kick, tried charging the battery but time was short and didn't work.Today while cat sitting I've decided to relieve him of it to see if I can get it going. I can't see any water damage to its protective case or camera. I'm charging the battery now and its been charging for 2 hours and when I put it in still dead. Do I need to charge it for hours to get a full charge? Camera body looks in great condition, no dents etc. No visible rust in the battery compartment or contacts. Hopefully someone has some suggestions apart from bring it to Sony.
    TLDR Camera left off for several years- not turning on.

Advertisement