Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further use of Sharepoint 2007 (2013 by year end)

Options
  • 17-08-2014 7:46pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We use SP in work quite a bit but to be honest it's nothing more than a file storage system for us. Could anyone tell me a bit more about good practices for it and how you have integrated/worked with it? Can't help but feel like we are wasting it (we don't have the option to move away from it so may as well deal with it!)

cheers!
    Splinter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Splinter wrote: »
    Hi All,

We use SP in work quite a bit but to be honest it's nothing more than a file storage system for us. Could anyone tell me a bit more about good practices for it and how you have integrated/worked with it? Can't help but feel like we are wasting it (we don't have the option to move away from it so may as well deal with it!)

cheers!
    Splinter

We have used the Word Automation Services feature for converting documents and updating the Table of Contents. We did this using a custom Sharepoint feature.

It also has blogs and Wikis but the functionality is sub-par and not worth it at all. To be honest, it's a good document management system but I definitely wouldn't integrate it any more than that. It's an absolute beast, is terrible to do custom development on, and a black box so when things go wrong it's very hard to find out why.

Advertisement