Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracked tablet screen

• 17-08-2014 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi all,

I'm looking for somewhere in limerick that would replace and possible fix a cracked Nexus tablet screen whicj I dropped on concrete steps and broke, the screen seems to be frozen and i cant open any aps or use the touchscreen, i borrowed this from my sister and id like to give it back to her without her ever knowing! i don't mind paying any price as long as the place is reputable and does good work, any help greatly appreciated as time is not on my hands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Is it a 2012 or 2013 model and also what size is the screen?

Does the screen function except for the fact that the touch doesn't work and is cracked? Can you see images on the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

www.iqFix.ie

These guys are in Raheen ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pebbletroy

its a 2012 model and i have given those guys in Raheen an e mail as i can't seem to find a number for them, thanks for the help ,much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

PM sent ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

If you are looking to get this done ASAP make sure any shop you go to has the screen in stock and that it is brand new. Most shops won't have it in stock and if they do it's gonna be a refurb unit.

A new screen can be got for ~40 euro incl vat and will take about 15 minutes to install on a 2012 nexus 7 so make sure you don't pay more than 80 euro. (Screen price and fair minimum 1 hour labor cost)

If you want to do it yourself it can be got for 42 euro on ebay. Sorry I cannot link as my account is too new.

And you can find very in depth instructions on youtube on how to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement