Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leather Bag repair?

Options
  • 17-08-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have an old lawn bowls set in its original leather carry bag. Want to give it to someone as a present. Problem is one of the leather straps on the handle is broken. Any ideas of someone who could repair it? I know there is the leather guy in the market but I am not sure this would b his thing. Was hoping to find someone who does leather work or repairs in town. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Mr. Heffernan on Sea Road, across from the Jes, is your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

or try the seamstress on Eyre St., up a bit from McSwiggans

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Any saddler around will obilge, can't remember but cobbler in old Mervue may still be there so he could assist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

there is a saddler in the ballybane Ind est behind The Royal Rock Cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ninak

Thanks for all the replies. Will start in Sea Rd. cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Yeah i'd suggest Heffernan. Have really liked their work for the last 16 years.
    So they'd be the first people I'd go to.

Mervue guy was still there last year and would be my 2nd choice I think. & that place is pretty out of the way so probably needs more people to be aware of it.

Advertisement