Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Entrance Scholarship

Options
  • 17-08-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I heard a friend saying that if you get over 560 you get an entrance scholarship worth 1000 euro and priority on the accommodation waiting list. I got 575 and I'll be going into engineering, does anybody know if this is true, I haven't found much information at all? This is all I could find
    https ://myucd .ucd.ie/ scholarships-awards/entrance-scholars.ezc
    and it mentions nothing about a bursary or accommodation.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭gavinhenson

It's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 philip46951

It's true!

So will I be priority for campus accomodation even though im 3100th on the list?

Yeah, I got priority! This was six years ago though! Although, I'm certain my brother did too, and that was only last year!

Scholarship was 2000 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yayakolo

What!!! i got 555 :'( no fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Pretty sure they got rid of all those and now it's just a blanket score of 540 for everyone, and they just give you a certificate for it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

They changed this afaik. If you get 560 or more you are an Entrance scholar. This means you get.. a certificate. That's it though. Only those who get 6A1's are entitled to any bursary/accommodation entitlement (Ad Astra). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

They used to have Entrance Scholarships (€1250) for the top few entrants into each course (based on LC points), but they've gotten rid of that. It's only Ad Astra Scholarships now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

Aspiring wrote: »
    They changed this afaik. If you get 560 or more you are an Entrance scholar. This means you get.. a certificate. That's it though. Only those who get 6A1's are entitled to any bursary/accommodation entitlement (Ad Astra). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

That was also my understanding. They probs have 100+ getting 560; would be so expensive if there were that much of a reward.

Advertisement