Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tin rental

• 17-08-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I'm making my first ever wedding cake the week after next, after reading old threads I went into Decobake to enquire about tin rental... Turns out they no longer have that service!

Can any boardsies recommend somewhere in Dublin where I might be able to rent a 14" round tin and two 12" square tins please??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I'm pretty sure Kitchen Complements (now on South Anne St) do this. No info on the website but you could email and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

a quick google brought up:
    http://www.cakebox.ie/services/
    (no idea if they're any good or not, never had any dealings with them) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭phormium

Have no suggestions but they are seriously big cakes, I have often used cardboard to bake in, works particularly well for square obviously, well lined with foil and parchment it bakes a good cake as the edges are not overdone due to the cardboard being a poor conductor of heat.

If you were going to be doing more a good investment is the Silverwood multisize tin, bit fiddly to use and easy to burn yourself with it, it gets very hot, but handy for all sizes.

http://www.craftycookshop.co.uk/alan-silverwood-12in-deep-multisize-cake-pantin---free-uk-shipping-160-p.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Thanks everyone for replies!

My husbands aunt actually had one of those phormium, a very similar round one too! Sorted now!

Advertisement