Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kate Bush Tickets - possible? (touts are out)

Options
  • 17-08-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to get a Kate Bush ticket for my wife.

We didn't get one when they went on sale, then learned she probably wouldn't be able to go, so left it at that.

It transpires now that she can, and I want to join the - probably million other people who want to get a ticket.

Is there any way to get a ticket? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Esho wrote: »
    Is there any way to get a ticket? Any suggestions?

Short answer is almost certainly not. The tickets for the event are locked to the original buyer. They'll be checking id on the night to make sure. Even if you got someone willing to sell a ticket you might not get in. Not really worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

What toast says is pretty spot on, chances are high you wouldn't get one, the only way you MAY be lucky is by going to the venue and possibly going in as somebody's +1 (like their extra couldn't make it but they've come anyway and have a spare), even then it's highly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Thanks for the replies.

Box office returns at the venue, maybe?

I'm going to do what scudzilla mentioned- go to the venue and walk around outside- a long shot, but going to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

According to another forum, a few tickets are showing up on Eventim now (Tuesday evening, 7:15). Some of these are the standing ones located behind the stalls and the circle.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

I spent yesterday on the eventim website, chasing my tail.
    Loads of tickets displaying as for sale, but when you come to book them, not available.

Went back on tonight - there were some tickets there. "Hospitality package" tickets offered for 414 each ... STG ... AND you have to buy TWO!

Advertisement