Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT211/1- 2014/15

Options
  • 17-08-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I'll be going back to make my second attempt at DT211/1 - I am 22 now, so definitely not as young as a lot of others coming into first year! Hope I don't feel strange!.. I failed a few modules my first time around so I don't have to repeat the entire year but I have to repeat most of the modules in semester 2 so I'll be classed as full time.

Is 22 considered a little old to only be starting out in first year again? Haha

Anyone on here going into DT211/1 ? Good to get to know a few I guess..

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Young to be starting out again - not even close - I was 33 and still had 15 years on the oldest in the class. As this is your second time around you should appreciate what is required a bit more and hopefully make second and subsequent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Young to be starting out again - not even close - I was 33 and still had 15 years on the oldest in the class. As this is your second time around you should appreciate what is required a bit more and hopefully make second and subsequent years.

Thanks for the reassuring words :) -- guess I'm freaking out a little!! Kinda felt like I've been going in circles the last fee years and all that..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daniel_2014

I just accepted an offer to this course and was wondering if it's an enjoyable course and does it have reasonable hours !? The hours concern me as I'll be commuting !?

I just accepted an offer to this course and was wondering if it's an enjoyable course and does it have reasonable hours !? The hours concern me as I'll be commuting !?

when i was doing it back in 2012/13 - it was ok, manageable etc. you can find the time tables posted HERE

login is: students and password is: timetables

filter by program code: DT211 and year 1 - you might need to enter the month filter, just use a date between September and December

Rob

Thanks ! Timetable looks a bit confusing to me at the moment but I'm sure I'll manage to figure it out, seems to be a late enough finish each day if I'm reading it right which I'm probably not haha !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

any one any idea what time were in on monday?

spudnick wrote: »
    any one any idea what time were in on monday?

DT211/1 yeah?

seems to be a 11am start with a lecture, program design 11:00-12:00 off for an hour, then in from 13:00 - 14:00 - lecture, programming - then a lab, program design 14:00-15:00, then a programming lab, 15:00-17:00 and finally a programming lecture 17:00 18:00

I had no idea what time we were in ! so were im from 11 - 6 on Monday then !?

I had no idea what time we were in ! so were im from 11 - 6 on Monday then !?

yep! - seems to be! - check out dit.ie/timetables thats where i got the info from.

login: students
    pass: timetables

select program, enter DT211, and 1 as the year. its a bit of a minefield to figure!

Advertisement