Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Heaneys Award Ceremony - 3rd Annual Leaving Cert Awards!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

ugh had to switch to ****tu phond now I cant see picures r anythin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Lara_15 wrote: »
    had to switch ti ahitty

Yeah me too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Lara_15 wrote: »
    ugh had to switch to ****tu phond now I cant see picures r anythin

Bbz. It's time to give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

3rd coolerboy
    2nd coolerboy
    1st coolerboy
    The award for the most influential poster goes to ..............coooolerboy
    What a 1 horse race LLLLLLLLOOOOOLLLL
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

The next award we have for you fine people is who amongst us is most likely to one day become president of the world! :pac:

Coming in place numero trois we have madam HugsiePie! (you can leave the stage to your right :pac:)

Personally I'd rather see the next person in charge rather than the winner but hey, it's what the people wanted! OUR RUNNER UP IS NIMR!!!!!! :D

And finally! We have an unprecedented event! We have TWO PRESIDENTS OF THE WORLD!?!?! RANDY AND STRIVING!

Barack-Obama-Clapping-in-Front-of-American-Flags.gif

Enjoy your badges, gents!

0UZOFOL.png

fE1NHP5.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

joey-loses-award-o.gif

Bbz. It's time to give up.

Sorry... ****ty phone has a ****ty keyboard... But I stole a better one so all is well in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Daniel2590 wrote: »

Coming in place numero trois we have madam HugsiePie! (you can leave the stage to your right :pac:)

self_made_meme__damn_it_all_by_ikon95-d5694s9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Ok, so next we're supposed to have 'Best Procrastinator'... but tbh, I think Ill just come back and do it later.... :o

:rolleyes:

happily_unmarried_procrastinators_heavy_metal_mental_sign.jpg

In third we have, with an astounding 3% of the voting cohort, we haveeee:
    Onethreefive!

In second, with a decent 34% we haveeeeeee:
    Nimr!

(yes, we did notice how much time you spend here ;))

And taking home the gold, much to the approval of many of the AH regulars I'm sure, and 61% of the vote, we have our resident procrastinator,
    HOTFAIL!

You can come back and collect your award later I guess :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CzMJC9c.jpg

2sREC.gif
    EqRJH.gif

• Advertisement

@President award
    Fine but North Korea is mine! :mad:

aleatorio wrote: »

Dandan followed my suggestions I see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

Hotfail even procrastinated in coming to the awards.

FHB wrote: »
    Hotfail even procrastinated in coming to the awards.

Im very disappointed in him :(

aleatorio wrote: »
    In second, with a decent 34% we haveeeeeee:
    Nimr!

(yes, we did notice how much time you spend here ;))

YvEN9.png

Next up we have an award for the most modest poster in forum! Don't be shy and bask in the short lived glory! :pac:

In 3rd place with about 14% of all votes we have Badwulf! :cool:

3w1ej.gif

Reeling in enough votes for 19% of the total, and claiming the silver medal for modesty is LARA! :P

Jdvdr.gif

AAAND FINALLY! She was wondering how she had been nominated for the 625 award because of her modesty (which doesn't always shine in fairness :pac:) and now she has won this award with 38% of votes! ALEATORIO AGAIN! :D

XL9UnBn.png

yGBuI.gif

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

1196.gif

AAAND FINALLY! She was wondering how she had been nominated for the 625 award because of her modesty (which doesn't always shine in fairness :pac:) and now she has won this award with 38% of votes! ALEATORIO AGAIN! :D

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Thanks guys :')

Can't post pictures on this but if I could a lovely gif of elf being excited would be just below

At least I got something wooooo

• Advertisement

Can I haz award now :D :pac:

10323491_lol.jpg

Longer speeches please :p

There shall be a very slight intermission as one of the awards needs to be edited but we will be back very shortly, worry not! :pac: :pac:

Nimr wrote: »

Now that I have all mine Ill deliver in a while ;)

I shall be stepping out for a few minutes so I shall leave ye in Dandans capable hands - Ill return in a while with the coveted BEST COUPLE award :cool:

1f03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

There shall be a very slight intermission as one of the awards needs to be edited but we will be back very shortly, worry not! :pac: :pac:
    What, did you misread the pm again? :p

I smuggled in naggins... Quick guys glasses under the table while they are busy fixing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

And during this short intermission we should look at this adorableness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Nimr wrote: »

Boardsies, LCers, moderators, good afternoon. Representatives of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol are here among us, citizens of Russia, residents of Crimea and Sevastopol!

Dear friends, we have gathered here today in connection with an issue that is of vital, historic significance to all of us. A referendum was held in Crimea on March 16 in full compliance with democratic procedures and international norms.

More than 82 percent of the electorate took part in the vote. Over 96 percent of them spoke out in favour of reuniting with Russia. These numbers speak for themselves.

To understand the reason behind such a choice it is enough to know the history of Crimea and what Russia and Crimea have always meant for each other.

Everything in Crimea speaks of our shared history and pride. This is the location of ancient Khersones, where Prince Vladimir was baptised. His spiritual feat of adopting Orthodoxy predetermined the overall basis of the culture, civilisation and human values that unite the peoples of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. The graves of Russian soldiers whose bravery brought Crimea into the Russian empire are also in Crimea. This is also Sevastopol – a legendary city with an outstanding history, a fortress that serves as the birthplace of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet. Crimea is Balaklava and Kerch, Malakhov Kurgan and Sapun Ridge. Each one of these places is dear to our hearts, symbolising Russian military glory and outstanding valour.

Crimea is a unique blend of different peoples’ cultures and traditions. This makes it similar to Russia as a whole, where not a single ethnic group has been lost over the centuries. Russians and Ukrainians, Crimean Tatars and people of other ethnic groups have lived side by side in Crimea, retaining their own identity, traditions, languages and faith.

Incidentally, the total population of the Crimean Peninsula today is 2.2 million people, of whom almost 1.5 million are Russians, 350,000 are Ukrainians who predominantly consider Russian their native language, and about 290,000-300,000 are Crimean Tatars, who, as the referendum has shown, also lean towards Russia.

True, there was a time when Crimean Tatars were treated unfairly, just as a number of other peoples in the USSR. There is only one thing I can say here: millions of people of various ethnicities suffered during those repressions, and primarily Russians.

Crimean Tatars returned to their homeland. I believe we should make all the necessary political and legislative decisions to finalise the rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars, restore them in their rights and clear their good name.

We have great respect for people of all the ethnic groups living in Crimea. This is their common home, their motherland, and it would be right – I know the local population supports this – for Crimea to have three equal national languages: Russian, Ukrainian and Tatar.

Colleagues,

In people’s hearts and minds, Crimea has always been an inseparable part of Russia. This firm conviction is based on truth and justice and was passed from generation to generation, over time, under any circumstances, despite all the dramatic changes our country went through during the entire 20th century.

Thus we see that the overwhelming majority of people in Crimea and the absolute majority of the Russian Federation’s people support the reunification of the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol with Russia.

Now this is a matter for Russia’s own political decision, and any decision here can be based only on the people’s will, because the people is the ultimate source of all authority.

Members of the Federation Council, deputies of the State Duma, citizens of Russia, residents of Crimea and Sevastopol, today, in accordance with the people’s will, I submit to the Federal Assembly a request to consider a Constitutional Law on the creation of two new constituent entities within the Russian Federation: the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol, and to ratify the treaty on admitting to the Russian Federation Crimea and Sevastopol, which is already ready for signing. I stand assured of your support.

• Advertisement

Boardsies, LCers, moderators, good afternoon. Representatives of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol are here among us, citizens of Russia, residents of Crimea and Sevastopol!

Dear friends, we have gathered here today in connection with an issue that is of vital, historic significance to all of us. A referendum was held in Crimea on March 16 in full compliance with democratic procedures and international norms.

More than 82 percent of the electorate took part in the vote. Over 96 percent of them spoke out in favour of reuniting with Russia. These numbers speak for themselves.

To understand the reason behind such a choice it is enough to know the history of Crimea and what Russia and Crimea have always meant for each other.

Everything in Crimea speaks of our shared history and pride. This is the location of ancient Khersones, where Prince Vladimir was baptised. His spiritual feat of adopting Orthodoxy predetermined the overall basis of the culture, civilisation and human values that unite the peoples of Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. The graves of Russian soldiers whose bravery brought Crimea into the Russian empire are also in Crimea. This is also Sevastopol – a legendary city with an outstanding history, a fortress that serves as the birthplace of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet. Crimea is Balaklava and Kerch, Malakhov Kurgan and Sapun Ridge. Each one of these places is dear to our hearts, symbolising Russian military glory and outstanding valour.

Crimea is a unique blend of different peoples’ cultures and traditions. This makes it similar to Russia as a whole, where not a single ethnic group has been lost over the centuries. Russians and Ukrainians, Crimean Tatars and people of other ethnic groups have lived side by side in Crimea, retaining their own identity, traditions, languages and faith.

Incidentally, the total population of the Crimean Peninsula today is 2.2 million people, of whom almost 1.5 million are Russians, 350,000 are Ukrainians who predominantly consider Russian their native language, and about 290,000-300,000 are Crimean Tatars, who, as the referendum has shown, also lean towards Russia.

True, there was a time when Crimean Tatars were treated unfairly, just as a number of other peoples in the USSR. There is only one thing I can say here: millions of people of various ethnicities suffered during those repressions, and primarily Russians.

Crimean Tatars returned to their homeland. I believe we should make all the necessary political and legislative decisions to finalise the rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars, restore them in their rights and clear their good name.

We have great respect for people of all the ethnic groups living in Crimea. This is their common home, their motherland, and it would be right – I know the local population supports this – for Crimea to have three equal national languages: Russian, Ukrainian and Tatar.

Colleagues,

In people’s hearts and minds, Crimea has always been an inseparable part of Russia. This firm conviction is based on truth and justice and was passed from generation to generation, over time, under any circumstances, despite all the dramatic changes our country went through during the entire 20th century.

Thus we see that the overwhelming majority of people in Crimea and the absolute majority of the Russian Federation’s people support the reunification of the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol with Russia.

Now this is a matter for Russia’s own political decision, and any decision here can be based only on the people’s will, because the people is the ultimate source of all authority.

Members of the Federation Council, deputies of the State Duma, citizens of Russia, residents of Crimea and Sevastopol, today, in accordance with the people’s will, I submit to the Federal Assembly a request to consider a Constitutional Law on the creation of two new constituent entities within the Russian Federation: the Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol, and to ratify the treaty on admitting to the Russian Federation Crimea and Sevastopol, which is already ready for signing. I stand assured of your support.

tl;dr :pac:

Advertisement