Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

+1

Absolutely shocking midfield. How anyone can defend Young, Clevery or Valencia anymore is beyond me. How they're still at the club beggars belief.

I was really hoping LVG would firesale off a load of these sub-par players. Would be great to never see them wearing a Utd. jersey again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Fair play Cattermole. MOTM. Good hard performance as usual compared to the weakness and lack of desire in United.

I was really hoping LVG would firesale off a load of these sub-par players. Would be great to never see them wearing a Utd. jersey again.

Hasn't he more or less told Welbeck to clear off out of the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Neeson wrote: »
    Fair play Cattermole.

If you like him so much, why don't you ask him out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The absolutely lack of desire or passion in the team is a killer. Rooney just doesn't look bothered. Cleverly and Fletcher are woeful. Young and Valencia are beyond that.

Welbeck looked passionate and looks to be going, and Januzaj wanted to try but had no support.

Only good point was Jones looked good at CB and continues to impress.

1 point in 6 from those two games is unbelievable though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

+1

Absolutely shocking midfield. How anyone can defend Young, Clevery or Valencia anymore is beyond me. How they're still at the club beggars belief.

It beggars belief that Young and Valencia are still getting game time .
    They were abysmal last season yet Moyes persisted with constantly playing them .
    Van Gaal is also picking them ,its bizarre.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's going to be a rip roaring week on the transfer market.

A point!!! Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Jones, Blackett & Welbeck. Thanks for the effort. A rare thing today.

Hasn't he more or less told Welbeck to clear off out of the road?

I can see the point in removing him if he's never going to be a first choice but he's far from our worst.

If you like him so much, why don't you ask him out?

He played very well today. Surely you admire the quality of some footballer somewhere? Wouldn't it be great if we could ask them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

well that was hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Five points less than I thought we'd have at this point and we're lucky it not six. That was dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

No worse than under Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I ****ing hate Young. I wish i could strangle him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Remember when Utd used to create chances in matches... those were good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Worst performance I can recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hope Di Maria wasn't watching that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It beggars belief that Young and Valencia are still getting game time .
    They were abysmal last season yet Moyes persisted with constantly playing them .
    Van Gaal is also picking them ,its bizarre.

Rojo and Raf would be ideal.

Very impressed with Blackett. Cool as a cucumber. Reminds me of a young Rio. I think he could be a very useful player this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Uhhh 1 point from first two games is awful return.

Already 5 points off the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

39 points from safety. A great day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I wonder what page of the new philosophy booklet is the section 'playing like you give a damn' detailed. Hope it doesn't take them 3 months to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TC23 can't be relied on to do anything other than serve the tea, and even then he'll only give it to the lads sitting beside him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If ever a game showed the need for a player like Di Maria then that was it.
    Get down the wing, cut it back to the edge of the box, rinse and repeat.

I don't ever want to see Fletcher or Cleverley starting another game for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Moyes didn't die for this :(

Van Gaal seriously needs to sign a world class Centre midfielder, if Nigel de Jong is signed I'll puke into my coffee.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He played very well today. Surely you admire the quality of some footballer somewhere? Wouldn't it be great if we could ask them out!

Nah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

65 million sterling is been quoted as agreed for Di Maria, pure panic buying and paying 20 million too much for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    No worse than under Moyes.

Actually a lot worse than under Moyes.

Young is a jokeshop player, as is Valencia. I was somewhar fooled over summer into thinking they were competent for now but they are both still terrible. Everyone looks clueless and like they don't care. I would be happy to sell anyone who played except De Gea.

And just like last season WHERE THE FÙCK IS KAGAWA!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rooney was dire again today. The amount of miss placed passes from him is getting ridiculous at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

At least di Maria looks a done deal now hoping that will boast the team and hopefully there be at least a cm signed.

Just hoping smallings injury is not a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

That was a dreadful performance. Its the worse United side I have seen since I started supporting them 22 years ago. I don't think signing Di Maria is going to change much. LVG has a massive job on his hands now. We need to offload Cleverly, Young, Valencia, Hernandez, Kagawa will be surplus to requirements and bring in a top class midfielder and I don't think De Jong or Blind is the answer. Vidal or Strootman are the only 2 players I would do my utmost in getting, or even Khedira. Jones had a very good game though which is positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Any thoughts on the alleged fee agreed for Di Maria?
    I knew we would be paying over the odds for him but £64 million?
    If that's true I'm a little bit shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Headshot wrote: »
    I ****ing hate Young. I wish i could strangle him
    He played reasonably well in a few friendlies though so the corner has been turned....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

In fairness we have a fair few injuries, but cleverley is championship level, fletcher isn't able anymore, Valencia was Wigan level, young is villa level. They should not be even considered as squad players. They cannot "Do a job" for us. Fergie left the squad in bad shape.

Cannot wait for rafeal, shaw, carrick, Herrera and Di Maria to get into the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I think I'm going to take a break from the thread for a while, expecting a lot of people to solely blame Cleverley for a team performance that was slow and uncreative.

No urgency and the players seemed to look as if they were unsure of what they were doing. Not fond of this standing off and allowing the team to play in their half, and this slow build up.

Valencia and Young look lost as wing backs, Welbeck offered a better performance and Jones was ok. Other than that no one even stood out and took control of the game.

Set pieces were shocking today. Corners were very poor.

Good luck lads, I'll find myself back when there is some good news.....think a pint is in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Thos is what happens when you become a team that looks for a quick fix when it's not working out I guess. But sure last year was all Moyes' fault...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

adox wrote: »

It is too much but it's not that crazy a fee really. He is world class and in today's market you pay for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

In fairness we have a fair few injuries, but cleverley is championship level, fletcher isn't able anymore, Valencia was Wigan level, young is villa level. They should not be even considered as squad players. They cannot "Do a job" for us. Fergie left the squad in bad shape.

Cannot wait for rafeal, shaw, carrick, Herrera and Di Maria to get into the team.

I am also looking forward to see what Rojo can bring to the defence. He should be available next week.

Fergie was some man to get the that side to win the league!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Van Gaal seriously needs to sign a world class Centre midfielder, if Nigel de Jong is signed I'll puke into my coffee.

I rate De Jong. He had a great season last year in a team struggling badly and he is definitely worth the quoted £10m-£12m, but he's not the answer to United's midfield problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

We'll never hear the end of getting Di Maria...if we do that is. plspls

If there's one positive to come from this it might result in a bit more urgency in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

adox wrote: »

If we're paying that much for him and there's nobody else coming in, that would be ridiculous.

Next 4 league matches for yous are Burnley, QPR, Leicester and West Ham. 4 games to set up the season before the following 4, Everton, West Brom, Chelsea, City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Learn from this Mr philosophy Van Gaal

New signings or not

NEVER EVER play Tom Cleverley again

Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rep made the difference. Luck and top 4 being **** that year helped also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Liam O wrote: »
    Thos is what happens when you become a team that looks for a quick fix when it's not working out I guess. But sure last year was all Moyes' fault...

Moyes ****ed up his chance Liam O

Let it go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

He also deserves criticism for leaving the team in such bad shape for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

billyhead wrote: »
    I am also looking forward to see what Rojo can bring to the defence. He should be available next week.

Forgot about him. Sorry, my brain is numb after watching that performance.

Watched a fair few of the PL teams over the last 8 days and most would have put united team to the sword. Chelsea, City or Everton would have crucified us.

Need to get things sorted very soon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement