Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Who was first with the RM accepting the bid? Balague?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rich9908/status/503872376707510272

Diario AS Newspaper not happy at all about the sale...

I could live with those Neon lights though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

^^^^^^^^^^

Link working?

Fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Who was first with the RM accepting the bid? Balague?

yes he is actually very good contrary to what people think that he is some sort of bull****ter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

bangkok wrote: »
    yes he is actually very good contrary to what people think that he is some sort of bull****ter

He's definitely a bit of a ****etalker, but he does seem to catch anything coming out of Spain faster than most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I hope you start following him on Twitter now and reporting all his claims on the SF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Is Miguel Delaney trying to say that Real fluked the champions league in that twitter stream? This is why i'm glad i'm not on twitter, i'd get sucked down to that level by trolls like that and beaten by experience.

How is beating Bayern 5-0, Athletico 4-1,Dortmund 3-2,Schalke 9-2 and topping their group with 5 wins and 20 goals fluking a trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

twam2008 wrote: »
    I could live with those Neon lights though :)
    The have pumped some amount or money and changed some amount in bulbs in their quest for the neon lights of la decima though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

He's definitely a bit of a ****etalker, but he does seem to catch anything coming out of Spain faster than most.

As people have said elsewhere he'll report anything that they tell him, just surprising he was the first.

Norwood, the clubs photographer(i think), confirmed Di Maria is on a private jet to Manchester so hopefully not long till its confirmed. :)

As people have said elsewhere he'll report anything that they tell him, just surprising he was the first.

Norwood, the clubs photographer(i think), confirmed Di Maria is on a private jet to Manchester so hopefully not long till its confirmed. :)

Which side of Manchester though!

a6e012d1e10bca928bc3136b522c56f74c51372f92bb31bd242d780ffa2a932c.jpg

• Advertisement

03379658b5379b86b5409bf6ac750eee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People say Ballague was first, it was Marca who were first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Things will get better when we shift the deadwood. Just like last time.
    (excuse my lack of photoshop skill)

rFGXnEm.jpg

I want all those players gone, but if they go out squad is paper thin. We can really only afford to get rid of a few of them, despite all of them not being up to the required standard. I'm an avid Carrick hater, but when even I have to admit that he needs to stay, you know things are bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I want all those players gone, but if they go out squad is paper thin. We can really only afford to get rid of a few of them, despite all of them not being up to the required standard. I'm an avid Carrick hater, but when even I have to admit that he needs to stay, you know things are bad

Why do you hate Carrick?

Cant see any of them going in this window. But just like last time, deadwood floats to the top. They'll keep worming their way into the first team. Sooner they're all replaced the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Louis Saha was hardly ever deadwood. Alan Smith was unlucky with a horrendous injury and Fergusons insatiable desire to make him into a midfielder.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Louis Saha was hardly ever deadwood. Alan Smith was unlucky with a horrendous injury and Fergusons insatiable desire to make him into a midfielder.

They all became deadwood eventually for various reasons. I'm not saying everyone there is pants. But they weakened the team over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ah, come on. This is football, not the flu.

Why is it taking time to play better football? Fairly simple, in my opinion. We're changing quite a lot in a short space of time. That is very demanding on players. LVG has a totally different criteria as a manager, there are many faces absent and many more new, the onus of "seniority" is being placed where it was not placed before, youngsters such as Blackett and Keane are being told that they must step up a level. These are massive changes.

Moyes biggest mistake was trying to continue what AF did. LVG is not doing that. This is not something that can be achieved overnight, and wins in friendlies don't get you points.

Give it time.

Eh, thats my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

De Jong to United is gathering pace over the water... I'd love to see him at United.

Cattermole looked like Keane in his prime yesterday against Cleverley and Fletcher.

• Advertisement

He is a bull****ter.

Marca broke the story first I am almost certain.

keano25 wrote: »
    De Jong to United is gathering pace over the water... I'd love to see him at United.

Cattermole looked like Keane in his prime yesterday against Cleverley and Fletcher.

Ah stop will ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

kryogen wrote: »
    Eh, thats my point.

Yeah, it was, fair play! I just suppose I don't believe they need to "work it out of their system".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Will you schtop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uZQnhvf49o

He didn't look like Keane in his prime when cleverly up ended him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Alan Smith gave more on the pitch than most of our squad has in the last year. Terrible that the injury ruined him. Only just left MK Dons this summer, was hoping he'd be up against us Tuesday.

He is a bull****ter.

Marca broke the story first I am almost certain.

how exactly is he a bull****ter?

I asked the other day for 5 examples of him bull****ting and the reply I got was he said mata was not going to utd which I proved was incorrect as he said the complete opposite

Why do you hate Carrick?

Just don't rate him, when he was at Spurs he was all about that defence splitting pass, he didn't bring that ability to United. No assists last season despite being our number #1 midfielder.

He's a typical United midfield from the last decade, he'll do a job. He's not a great tackler, he's not all that fast, strong or athletic, his passing while some consider it good for dictating the pace, it's always to slow down the game, where Scholes could slow and hasten the tempo, Carrick plays it safe.

He's by no means a bad player, he's alllright. But I don't think we should be settling for midfielders that are alright, we're Manchester United. I want mid-fielders that dominate and own their position, now just occupy it like Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley et all.

di maria will be signed up tomorrow evening more than likely after the MK Dons game

• Advertisement

di maria will be signed up tomorrow evening more than likely after the MK Dons game
    Could very well be announced about 5 or 6 today too...

Just don't rate him, when he was at Spurs he was all about that defence splitting pass, he didn't bring that ability to United. No assists last season despite being our number #1 midfielder.

He's a typical United midfield from the last decade, he'll do a job. He's not a great tackler, he's not all that fast, strong or athletic, his passing while some consider it good for dictating the pace, it's always to slow down the game, where Scholes could slow and hasten the tempo, Carrick plays it safe.

He's by no means a bad player, he's alllright. But I don't think we should be settling for midfielders that are alright, we're Manchester United. I want mid-fielders that dominate and own their position, now just occupy it like Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley et all.

not a great tackler?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Blind would be a good squad addition but he's not exactly going to elevate the first team, which is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

still 1 week to go................:P

still 1 week to go................:P
    At least one more but maybe two I recon... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

how exactly is he a bull****ter?

I asked the other day for 5 examples of him bull****ting and the reply I got was he said mata was not going to utd which I proved was incorrect as he said the complete opposite

1. Said Torres to United was done.
    2. Said United had already given At. Madrid a 10million downpayment on Falcao.

Two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Deadline day is gonna be just as crazy as last summer. Hopefully we get blind and de jong and won't end up panic buying for james f**kin Mccarthy. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If the club is prepared to splash that much on Di Maria, you'd have to believe there's another CM / DF lined up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Ah stop will ya

http://man-news.com/2014/08/24/5-things-learnt-sunderland-1-1-manchester-united/4/
    He ****in dominated would you stop

1. Said Torres to United was done.
    2. Said United had already given At. Madrid a 10million downpayment on Falcao.

Two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

source?

and how do you know they didn't put a downpayment on falcao?

irishfeen wrote: »
    Could very well be announced about 5 or 6 today too...

LVG gifs are at the ready....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Deadline day is gonna be just as crazy as last summer. Hopefully we get blind and de jong and won't end up panic buying for james f**kin Mccarthy. LOL

Would be immeasurable upgrade on anything we currently have, excluding Herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

source?

and how do you know they didn't put a downpayment on falcao?

The guy is full of crap.
    Do a google search for either of those stories and you'll find plenty sources, as well as many other fabrications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Mezcita wrote: »
    Don't really see how their 11 shots to United's 10 can be described as parking the bus. United had 55.4% possession.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/313404/stats

We all agree that United's problem was/is converting possession into chances.

It's very common for teams who defend deep and counter to have as many or more shots than the opposition and 5 of Sunderland's 11 attempts came from set pieces anyway. Also, they didn't start the game sitting deep, they got deeper as the game wore on.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I'd take McCarthy over De Jong. We'd prob end up paying 47 million for him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm not expecting anything today with the bank holiday over in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think James McCarthy is a brilliant midfielder. Goes about his job excellently at both club and international level. Rarely heard amongst the commentators but silently working away keeping things ticking.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I'm not expecting anything today with the bank holiday over in England.

This has come up a couple of times, but does it really matter? I mean the club play matches on weekends and bank holidays all the time, so is it really going to hold up a transfer?

kippy wrote: »
    The guy is full of crap.
    Do a google search for either of those stories and you'll find plenty sources, as well as many other fabrications.

yes but my point about falcao was how do know that didn't happen?

and I did google it and the first result is for redcafe!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement