Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

bangkok wrote: »
    how exactly is he a bull****ter?

I asked the other day for 5 examples of him bull****ting and the reply I got was he said mata was not going to utd which I proved was incorrect as he said the complete opposite

He is a bull****ter because he spouts bull****.

I don't care whether you choose to accept that or not. It makes no difference.

Edit: For argument sake, you were also told he said we were in advanced talks with Falcao and had put a deposit down on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This has come up a couple of times, but does it really matter? I mean the club play matches on weekends and bank holidays all the time, so is it really going to hold up a transfer?

I find it hard to believe that the United back room staff would leave off closing the biggest transfer in the club's history, with a only week to go in the transfer window, just because it's a bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Blind would be a good squad addition but he's not exactly going to elevate the first team, which is required.
    I think he would be an excellent contender to give us a badly needed defense boost.

xPtKNyd.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pro. F wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that the United back room staff would leave off closing the biggest transfer in the club's history, with a only week to go in the transfer window, just because it's a bank holiday.

its not the backroom team, medical will be done today alright and he will sign a contract but the forms that will be faxed into the premier league wont be done as it is a bank holiday so he will be officially registered as a united player tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Official registration of the player may not be possible, but we announced Rojo without having registered him (still have not done so).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Will there be any work permit issues with Di Maria?

Lads, the Squawka comparison thing is class, but for the love of science use the per 90 minutes comparison, there's no point comparing totals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

thelad95 wrote: »

No, hes been playing for the national side so it should be all fine, afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

advertsfox wrote: »
    I think he would be an excellent contender to give us a badly needed defense boost.

xPtKNyd.png

That's comparing a defensive midfielder to centre backs though, obviously he's gonna have better stats. Compare to Carrick/Fletcher/Cleverley and see what it looks like (probably still as impressive)

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    He is a bull****ter because he spouts bull****.

I don't care whether you choose to accept that or not. It makes no difference.

Edit: For argument sake, you were also told he said we were in advanced talks with Falcao and had put a deposit down on him.

but show me where on his twitter or where ever he is a bull****ter?!!!!

what about all of the big stories he broke, Beckham, Owen, Ronaldo to Madrid, mata, Torres to chelsea, Fabregas to Barca, ge gea to united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If the club is prepared to splash that much on Di Maria, you'd have to believe there's another CM / DF lined up too.

I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

NTMK wrote: »
    hes got an Italian passport
    thelad95 wrote: »

If the above is true then he won't need one.

1. Said Torres to United was done.
    2. Said United had already given At. Madrid a 10million downpayment on Falcao.

Two off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.

Said David Villa was signing for a fee of 40million
    Said Marcos Senna was signing, in fact said it was done
    The Torres one he said was 100%, done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This has come up a couple of times, but does it really matter? I mean the club play matches on weekends and bank holidays all the time, so is it really going to hold up a transfer?

Fa offices are closed, I'm sure that'll hold up officially confirming the transfer.

SOURCE?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Feeling positive lads! This is gonna be a good week. I can feel it in me waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/MOgdenTelegraph/status/503895352932462592

Hopefully its sorted sooner rather then later...

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Fa offices are closed, I'm sure that'll hold up officially confirming the transfer.

Sure, but once everything's signed I expect it would still be announced. See Rojo, for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

xPtKNyd.png

Eredivisie v Premiership.

SOURCE?!!

I really hope nobody gives you a source. You going around convinced that Balugue is a reliable source will be entertaining while it lasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

SOURCE?!!

Do you think everyone is making up these things just to trick you or do you think we're all suffering from some sort of mass delusion?

I remember clearly Balague making those claims, but could I be ****ed wasting time digging out a citation for you when you've already clearly made up your mind that he's an all around good egg?

Not really tbh.

but show me where on his twitter or where ever he is a bull****ter?!!!!

what about all of the big stories he broke, Beckham, Owen, Ronaldo to Madrid, mata, Torres to chelsea, Fabregas to Barca, ge gea to united

Have you heard of the process of throwing so much **** at a wall some of it will stick

I dont have to show you, look yourself, check his website, though he does also have a reputation for posting both sides of a transfer and then deleting the one that was incorrect so that might be no good to you.

Honestly, I have gone as far as I need to go here, if you wanna believe he is credible more power to you. I would urge you to follow him on twitter and his website for yourself.

Remember what he puts up, see what checks out and see what happens to the stuff that doesnt.

Lads, the Squawka comparison thing is class, but for the love of science use the per 90 minutes comparison, there's no point comparing totals.
    That's comparing a defensive midfielder to centre backs though, obviously he's gonna have better stats. Compare to Carrick/Fletcher/Cleverley and see what it looks like (probably still as impressive)
    Jasus, a lot of snipping and uploading :P This is why we also need Carrick back.

1MhYvan.png

so just to end on this I think its more the fans that say he is a bull****ter, even he was 100% sure certain players were going to join man utd there would be numerous articles etc on it and yet when I google it I can find nothing. I follow la liga a lot and I think Balague is very good, gives great analysis and insite so the on goings. He broke some of the biggest transfers in world football before anybody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Jasus, a lot of snipping and uploading :P This is why we also need Carrick back.

Much better :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What I just realised is that we are going into two games against MK Dons and Burnley and I honestly cannot say I am 100% confident we will win either of them and that is down to a completely inept midfield.

Yes we're dodgy at the back but in the past when we've been suspect at the back we would still be able to pull a result out of the bag due to our massive firepower and ability to grab the game by the scruff from the midfield. We need midfield signings and unfortunately Di Maria is just not the answer in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

yep. ballaque talks toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If the club is prepared to splash that much on Di Maria, you'd have to believe there's another CM / DF lined up too.

Logically there has to be.

so just to end on this I think its more the fans that say he is a bull****ter, even he was 100% sure certain players were going to join man utd there would be numerous articles etc on it and yet when I google it I can find nothing. I follow la liga a lot and I think Balague is very good, gives great analysis and insite so the on goings. He broke some of the biggest transfers in world football before anybody else.

I suspect you are as bad at using google as you are at spotting a bullshítter.

I suspect you are as bad at using google as you are at spotting a bullshítter.

In June 2008, Balague launched his own personal website[1] featuring a blog, news and the opportunity to interact with him directly. He predicted correctly that Cristiano Ronaldo was going to Real Madrid. In fact, he broke the news of a pre-contract agreement between Real Madrid and Ronaldo. This was confirmed by the former chairman Ramon Calderon. Guillem also reports for Sky Sports News from Spain. He consistently breaks exclusive stories regarding transfers to and from La Liga. Some other stories that Balagué broke were David Beckham's move to Real Madrid, Fernando Torres leaving Liverpool for Chelsea and David de Gea to Manchester United. He always denied that David Villa or David Silva were going to go to Liverpool as others pointed out.I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"][COLOR=#0066cc]citation needed[/COLOR][/URL][/I
    Guillem is a journalist and has written for several English and Spanish newspapers. He is currently preparing a football documentary and also the first Pep Guardiola biography in English. He is popular on social networking site, Twitter, with over 500,000 followers. He has written articles in British newspapers The Times and The Observer, as well as a weekly column in the free daily commuter newspaper The Metro commenting mainly on stories involving continental football.
    He is also well known for his work with Spanish football newspaper AS and Spain's national radio station CADENA SER,[2] where he features on phone-ins regularly.
    From 2003-2006, Balague was responsible for match reports on the now defunct lachiesa.co.uk, website of the Essex Sunday morning outfit, La Chiesa Del Corno.
    Guillem was a co-host, along with Gabriele Marcotti, of TheGame, a football podcast hosted by The Times, for the 2007-2008 Premier League season, But for the 2008-2009 Premier League season he was replaced by Phill Jupitus.
    In November 2008, Guillem started his own Podcast in conjunction with GNB Radio 2 UAE. A weekly look at La Liga and various other features from his website.

• Advertisement

**** it;

Time to cheer up this place. Watch Puyol do the splits :pac:

puyol-falling.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

7tf4a4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Loving that Squawka, De Jong it is so :)

oKjpoWS.png

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    **** it;

Time to cheer up this place. Watch Puyol do the splits :pac:

puyol-falling.gif

He kinda looks like Gerrard.

He kinda looks like Gerrard.
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Or Terry??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

There's a blast from the past, seen a rumour that Lassana Diarra is being released on a freebie by Lokomotov Moscow, and possible siging for QPR. I remember I really rated him a few years back, when Madrid let him go. Never quite lived up to the Makalele comparisons but still a handy player.

haha I love when I googled balague and torres it went straight to redcafe where some one posted

"I heard him say Torres and Senna were done deals at United in 2007. I actually heard him say the words Torres is 100% coming. And Senna has joined us."

I presume this is the where the majority of your "sources" are coming from!! ;)

EvenAdventurousLadybug.gif

In June 2008, Balague launched his own personal website[1] featuring a blog, news and the opportunity to interact with him directly. He predicted correctly that Cristiano Ronaldo was going to Real Madrid. In fact, he broke the news of a pre-contract agreement between Real Madrid and Ronaldo. This was confirmed by the former chairman Ramon Calderon. Guillem also reports for Sky Sports News from Spain. He consistently breaks exclusive stories regarding transfers to and from La Liga. Some other stories that Balagué broke were David Beckham's move to Real Madrid, Fernando Torres leaving Liverpool for Chelsea and David de Gea to Manchester United. He always denied that David Villa or David Silva were going to go to Liverpool as others pointed out.I][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"][COLOR=#0066cc]citation needed[/COLOR][/URL][/I
    Guillem is a journalist and has written for several English and Spanish newspapers. He is currently preparing a football documentary and also the first Pep Guardiola biography in English. He is popular on social networking site, Twitter, with over 500,000 followers. He has written articles in British newspapers The Times and The Observer, as well as a weekly column in the free daily commuter newspaper The Metro commenting mainly on stories involving continental football.
    He is also well known for his work with Spanish football newspaper AS and Spain's national radio station CADENA SER,[2] where he features on phone-ins regularly.
    From 2003-2006, Balague was responsible for match reports on the now defunct lachiesa.co.uk, website of the Essex Sunday morning outfit, La Chiesa Del Corno.
    Guillem was a co-host, along with Gabriele Marcotti, of TheGame, a football podcast hosted by The Times, for the 2007-2008 Premier League season, But for the 2008-2009 Premier League season he was replaced by Phill Jupitus.
    In November 2008, Guillem started his own Podcast in conjunction with GNB Radio 2 UAE. A weekly look at La Liga and various other features from his website.

Wow, a wikipedia article about a journalist. I'm convinced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I haven't seen much of Daley Blind, so there's no point in I trying to make a case for him in the team, I can only suspect that if he is good in the tackle, can control the ball in tight areas and is capable of both winning the ball and moving it forward accurately, then he would be a good addition - especially if his transfer fee isn't in the Arturo Vidal dimensions.

I would like to see a front line and midfield as follows -

Van Persie

Di Maria
    Janujaz

----Herrera
    Mata
    Blind

With Mata obviously pushing forward.

There's a blast from the past, seen a rumour that Lassana Diarra is being released on a freebie by Lokomotov Moscow, and possible siging for QPR. I remember I really rated him a few years back, when Madrid let him go. Never quite lived up to the Makalele comparisons but still a handy player.

Two summers ago half this thread was looking for United to sign Diarra as far as I remember. Probably for the best that it was never a runner if he couldn't make it in Russia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

haha I love when I googled balague and torres it went straight to redcafe where some one posted

"I heard him say Torres and Senna were done deals at United in 2007. I actually heard him say the words Torres is 100% coming. And Senna has joined us."

I presume this is the where the majority of your "sources" are coming from!! ;)

Ballague does tonnes of radio interviews and blogs - he's definetly said these things.

As for the wiki article you posted earlier - thats hardly accurate?

Looks, he's full of sh1t - gets it right on occasion, more often than most to be fair but if you throw enough sh1t at the wall eventually some will stick.

I'm not going any further on this.

Imo he's a prime example of how a player can waste his career by choosing the wrong transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt

Wow, a wikipedia article about a journalist. I'm convinced.

no I was just proving a point about stories he broke yet no one can prove about all his bullshiiter stories....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Seen blind in the flesh in the Arena for Ajax last season, he was ok wasn't blown away by him but Ajax weren't really tested defensively that day. He was better at the world cup. He would definitely be an addition.
    twam2008 wrote: »
    Loving that Squawka, De Jong it is so :)

oKjpoWS.png

What website is that from?

no I was just proving a point about stories he broke yet no one can prove about all his bullshiiter stories....

A wikipedia article proves nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The bank holiday will come into play in relation to the players registration with the league, and acquiring the relevant work permits or documentation. However that normally is not done on the day of a transfer.

The club can proceed with negotiating personal terms and perform a medical, and other due dilligence, and compelte the deal tomorrow.

It may also come into effect based on where the clubs finances are held. Typically an organisation dealing in the revenue we are, have 365 "follow the sun" facilities, which means pretty much anytime.

But this is just speculation on my part, as I'd assume, from a financial standpoint, the club operate terms with financial institutions that provide services through a bank holiday.

I'd say the only issue with it being a bank holiday is the registration part in regards the league. But there is nothing to stop the club negotiating personal terms and completing the medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Proves nothing tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

What website is that from?

http://www.squawka.com/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement