Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And also as a seperate point, that the image above reminded me off, I'm somewhat suprised that no "big" club has moved for Lars Bender in the last 18 months.

On the cusp of being a German regular, and is impressive week in week out in Bundesliga.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

kippy wrote: »
    Ballague does tonnes of radio interviews and blogs - he's definetly said these things.

As for the wiki article you posted earlier - thats hardly accurate?

Looks, he's full of sh1t - gets it right on occasion, more often than most to be fair but if you throw enough sh1t at the wall eventually some will stick.

I'm not going any further on this.

This. He has a lot of contacts in Spain and the UK, he gets a lot of calls right and some wrong. The trouble is he is usually ripped apart for the wrong calls as they are big ones and the right ones end up with so many sources repeating the deal as it gets done that his story gets lost in the crowd.

He is not someone to totally dismiss as a spoofer but I'd never take his word as gospel either. He has about a 65% right 35% wrong ratio imo. Worth keeping an eye on kind of journo because he might just have seomthing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

keane2097 wrote: »
    Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt

Is that not a redundant statement? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Pro. F wrote: »
    Imo he's a prime example of how a player can waste his career by choosing the wrong transfers.

Up there alright, if he just let Wenger steer him right whilst at Arsenal he could have been a real player.

Only 29 and already looking for his last pay day while he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheDoc wrote: »
    The bank holiday will come into play in relation to the players registration with the league, and acquiring the relevant work permits or documentation. However that normally is not done on the day of a transfer.

The club can proceed with negotiating personal terms and perform a medical, and other due dilligence, and compelte the deal tomorrow.

It may also come into effect based on where the clubs finances are held. Typically an organisation dealing in the revenue we are, have 365 "follow the sun" facilities, which means pretty much anytime.

But this is just speculation on my part, as I'd assume, from a financial standpoint, the club operate terms with financial institutions that provide services through a bank holiday.

I'd say the only issue with it being a bank holiday is the registration part in regards the league. But there is nothing to stop the club negotiating personal terms and completing the medical.

Ain't nobody got time to read that. Mitch and Lucas got the same point across in one sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

bangkok wrote: »
    haha I love when I googled balague and torres it went straight to redcafe where some one posted

"I heard him say Torres and Senna were done deals at United in 2007. I actually heard him say the words Torres is 100% coming. And Senna has joined us."

I presume this is the where the majority of your "sources" are coming from!! ;)

You are also presuming anybody really cares if you accept he is a bull****ter or not also.

Two pretty poor assumptions friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I think bangkok fancies Guillem Balague... aww thats cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Can we drop the Balague is/isn't in touch debate? Who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is that not a redundant statement? :eek:

Nothing Julius Caesar ever said is redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He is rarely the first to report anything and he also reports heaps of things that never come to pass.

but yet you cant show any of them to me......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

The bank holiday will come into play in relation to the players registration with the league, and acquiring the relevant work permits or documentation. However that normally is not done on the day of a transfer.

The club can proceed with negotiating personal terms and perform a medical, and other due dilligence, and compelte the deal tomorrow.

It may also come into effect based on where the clubs finances are held. Typically an organisation dealing in the revenue we are, have 365 "follow the sun" facilities, which means pretty much anytime.

But this is just speculation on my part, as I'd assume, from a financial standpoint, the club operate terms with financial institutions that provide services through a bank holiday.

I'd say the only issue with it being a bank holiday is the registration part in regards the league. But there is nothing to stop the club negotiating personal terms and completing the medical.

You basically said the same thing twice for absolutely no reason, You could have got your point across in one paragraph probably shorter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So it looks like Di Maria should be done soon, hopefully we can add another before the window is closed. De Jong or Blind would be nice.

Any ideas when Rojo will have his work permit?

And just found out I've got nominated three times for the ice bucket challenge today...must have done something to annoy my friends it seems..:pac:

keane2097 wrote: »
    Nothing Julius Caesar ever said is redundant.

Hmm

et tu brute was pretty redundant tbf, hardly very relevant at that point ;)

but yet you cant be bothered to show any of them to me......:rolleyes:

FYP

manchester_united_di_mariayi_transfer_etmek_istiyor_h3587.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

You basically said the same thing twice for absolutely no reason, You could have got your point across in one paragraph probably shorter

You're gonna have to step your game up if you wanna pass English this year Doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My opinion on Balague is that he does have contacts in the game and he does get info before others. Not everything he says is BS.

However, like all journos, there will be occassions when he believes stuff from his sources that prove incorrect, or deals that he has predicted fall through.

It is utterly unreasonable to think any journo should have a 100% success rate with their stories, or that everything they run with is a BS guess that may get lucky.

As I have said before, some will be better than others at sifting through the bits of info sent their way, some will have contacts more likely to be on the ball - and of course you will get people taking a punt on a rumour they have heard in the hope it comes off.

but yet you cant show any of them to me......:rolleyes:

Try reading again about Torres/Senna/Villa etc with your eyes open?

I suppose it could be the case that the majority are wrong, we haven't heard him on sky and read his blogs/tweets spouting rubbish, we are all having one big cosmic day dream together perhaps.

My opinion on Balague is that he does have contacts in the game and he does get info before others. Not everything he says is BS.

However, like all journos, there will be occassions when he believes stuff from his sources that prove incorrect, or deals that he has predicted fall through.

It is utterly unreasonable to think any journo should have a 100% success rate with their stories, or that everything they run with is a BS guess that may get lucky.

As I have said before, some will be better than others at sifting through the bits of info sent their way, some will have contacts more likely to be on the ball - and of course you will get people taking a punt on a rumour they have heard in the hope it comes off.

What they said on Reddit about him being used as a mouthpiece by club chairmen seems to be the best fit to explain a lot of his behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

In fairness bangkok is providing sources while all ye're doing is shouting "YOU'RE WRONG LALALALALA" really loudly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

That awkward moment when you click into the Liverpool discussion thread by mistake...

aG3qUtn.jpg?1

REVERSE!

kryogen wrote: »
    Try reading again about Torres/Senna/Villa etc with your eyes open?

I suppose it could be the case that the majority are wrong, we haven't heard him on sky and read his blogs/tweets spouting rubbish, we are all having one big cosmic day dream together perhaps.

all I want is a few sources?

• Advertisement

and I would like to add I know we were after torres, fergie even said about it in the book, but some are saying balague said it was a 100% done deal but yet cant back up that claim

In fairness bangkok is providing sources while all ye're doing is shouting "YOU'RE WRONG LALALALALA" really loudly

Nobody cares about convincing him.

What they said on Reddit about him being used as a mouthpiece by club chairmen seems to be the best fit to explain a lot of his behaviour.

who is "they" exactly??

who is "they" exactly??

The redditors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/29088204068

January rolls around, Torres goes to Chelsea. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

and I would like to add I know we were after torres, fergie even said about it in the book, but some are saying balague said it was a 100% done deal but yet cant back up that claim

We went after him two summers in a row, and were very close before Liverpool got him.

Rooney, Torres and Ronaldo in attack would have been devastating.

Edit: but we had to settle for Blanka from Streetfighter II.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

who is "they" exactly??

Guys on a forum just like this one.

Iron clad proof in other words

Guys on a forum just like this one.

Iron clad proof in other words

I'm not taking their words as proof of anything. I said it seems to be the best fit to explain a lot of his behaviour. It's a theory that best fits the evidence of what I have seen and heard him say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

SOURCE?!!

Source: Guillem Balague

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So it looks like Di Maria should be done soon, hopefully we can add another before the window is closed. De Jong or Blind would be nice.

Any ideas when Rojo will have his work permit?

And just found out I've got nominated three times for the ice bucket challenge today...must have done something to annoy my friends it seems..:pac:

Just did one, was grand so it was :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Ah lads let's give up on the Ballague talk.

Di Maria is coming! Let's all be positive!

And somebody for the love of god post the Scarlett Johansson gifs again! :p

Learn how to use the internet?

2 recent "errors"

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · Jul 26
    Nobody can match the 65m euros and 8m net PSG has promised to pay for/to di Maria. So if they bring that money, he's theirs

He followed a tweet asking Arsenal fans if they were ready for some more good news with these

Guillem Balagula @ GuillemBalague · Jul 10
    As well as Debuchy, AFC about to finalise a loan deal for Manquillo. Both for the right back position. Not huge names but clever picks

Guillem BalagueVerified account
    @GuillemBalague
    Manquillo is one step being loaned one year at Arsenal

Manquillo (At M) has been a regular international with the lower Spanish sides. Good defender, likes 2 go forward. AFC got option 2 buy him

That is it. That is all I will do, any more then use the internet properly yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

One point from two games is our worst start since 1992/1993, we won the league that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

advertsfox wrote: »
    gif

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hmm

et tu brute was pretty redundant tbf, hardly very relevant at that point ;)

If you think anything the Bard said is ever redundant I feel worse for you than I do for Maximus :P

• Advertisement

Learn how to use the internet?

2 recent "errors"

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague · Jul 26
    Nobody can match the 65m euros and 8m net PSG has promised to pay for/to di Maria. So if they bring that money, he's theirs

He followed a tweet asking Arsenal fans if they were ready for some more good news with these

As well as Debuchy, AFC about to finalise a loan deal for Manquillo. Both for the right back position. Not huge names but clever picks

Guillem BalagueVerified account
    @GuillemBalague
    Manquillo is one step being loaned one year at Arsenal

Manquillo (At M) has been a regular international with the lower Spanish sides. Good defender, likes 2 go forward. AFC got option 2 buy him

That is it. That is all I will do, any more then use the internet properly yourself.

and he was correct at that time.... PSG couldn't afford to pay the money due to FFP and Arsenal were about to sign Manquillo had everything in place but then signed debuchy and he knew he would get no game time so went to Liverpool instead. not what I would actually call Bull****ting....

anyway time to move on from this whole debate

and he was correct at that time.... PSG couldn't afford to pay the money due to FFP and Arsenal were about to sign Manquillo had everything in place but then signed debuchy and he knew he would get no game time so went to Liverpool instead. not what I would actually call Bull****ting....

I don't know how far his blog on skysports goes back but most of the incorrect rumours he's passed on are posted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Best thing you've said all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ah lads what with all the doom and gloom around here.

whats to worry about our guardian angel will save us :pac:

i'll get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Magic
    where's my Anna and Upton Gif..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sorry, I lost all my gifs as soon as Ms. Dormer raised that eyebrow. I'm gonna' have a lay down. Lightheaded.

Ain't nobody got time to read that. Mitch and Lucas got the same point across in one sentence.

Seriously what's peoples beef with the legnth of my posts?

This isn't Twitter, its a forum, a discussion board, popular because it's a format to allow indepth discussion and actual writing.

If you havn't got time to read people's posts, your somewhat lost being involved in a discussion forum I'd say.

This isn't Twitter, its a forum, a discussion board, popular because it's a format to allow indepth discussion and actual writing.

If you havn't got time to read people's posts, your somewhat lost being involved in a discussion forum I'd say.

tl;dr

Agree and no need for it.

It's funny because the last 20 twenty pages have been absolute ****e talk about Balueghe

Should be a happy day today

• Advertisement

It's Monday, a big signing is a foot. In celebration, I'm only going to post one liners for the week. See how I get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement