Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Very excited about Di Maria, if De Jong came for another 10 million that would be a lovely treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

TheDoc wrote: »
    Seriously what's peoples beef with the legnth of my posts?

This isn't Twitter, its a forum, a discussion board, popular because it's a format to allow indepth discussion and actual writing.

If you havn't got time to read people's posts, your somewhat lost being involved in a discussion forum I'd say.
    TLDR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ahead of the official announcement, is there a way to block/cover gifs, so I don't have tit all over my workscreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This isn't Twitter, its a forum, a discussion board, popular because it's a format to allow indepth discussion and actual writing.

If you havn't got time to read people's posts, your somewhat lost being involved in a discussion forum I'd say.
    Even that's too long. A simple f*** off would have sufficed.

tl;dr
    ffs.....

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Even that's too long. A simple f*** off would have sufficed.
    LOLZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's Monday, a big signing is a foot. In celebration, I'm only going to post one liners for the week. See how I get on.

How about a Twitter challenge, maximum post length of 140 characters. Have to be concise, sound a bit like a machine. Could be a good test!?

On an issue more pressing than any imminent signing, does anyone else have issues where the touch site no longer takes you to the last unread post?

It's taking me back to random posts from days ago when I click the thread whereas it always used to take me to last unread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

On an issue more pressing than any imminent signing, does anyone else have issues where the touch site no longer takes you to the last unread post?

It's taking me back to random posts from days ago when I click the thread whereas it always used to take me to last unread.
    Same here dude, brings me back (in this threads case) a hundred pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ahead of the official announcement, is there a way to block/cover gifs, so I don't have tit all over my workscreen

This thread isn't exactly safe for the college computers :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

brinty wrote: »
    Magic
    where's my Anna and Upton Gif..

What the f**k is with the Anna Kendrick appreciation? No. Can we get Marion Cotillard instead please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Control Panel > Edit options > unclick "Show images".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I've got nothing against long posts. I like reading long posts when they're necessary.

I rarely comment on your posts. It's nothing personal, but some of your posts are very long winded and rambling.

How about a Twitter challenge, maximum post length of 140 characters. Have to be concise, sound a bit like a machine. Could be a good test!?

Sure. Until Friday 17:30 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

This thread isn't exactly safe for the college computers :L

You can report them. They don't bother me, but the mods have said to cut them out and that seems fair, especially during 9-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Install the add-on 'Decreased Productivity' for Chrome.

Expect the tit Gods to come down hard on you though.

I've been staring at that Natalie Dormer one for the last 10 mins by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's Monday, a big signing is a foot. In celebration, I'm only going to post one liners for the week. See how I get on.

Impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

What sort of team are we expecting to field tomorrow night folks? Be nice to give a few of the younger players a run out.

Pro. F wrote: »
    You can report them. They don't bother me, but the mods have said to cut them out and that seems fair, especially during 9-5.

Don't want to report. Just run the risk of being caught with boob on screen.

adox wrote: »
    Impossible.

I'm sure it will be grand. Hardly be sweating bullets at the keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah. Don't want yourself getting into a sticky situation at work. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    What sort of team are we expecting to field tomorrow night folks? Be nice to give a few of the younger players a run out.

hard to tell, LVG will surely want to win the game first and foremost and it depends on lads who are back from injuries and how they will do.

i mean the young lads that are not getting runs for the u-21s, will probably be loaned out anyway. im going with -

Lindegaard

Keane--Jones----Blackett----
    Rafael
    James
    Anderson
    Cleverly

Kagawa

Welbeck
    Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Total snorefest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

hard to tell, LVG will surely want to win the game first and foremost and it depends on lads who are back from injuries and how they will do.

i mean the young lads that are not getting runs for the u-21s, will probably be loaned out anyway. im going with -

Lindegaard

Keane--Jones----Blackett----
    Rafael
    James
    Anderson
    Cleverly

Kagawa

Welbeck
    Wilson

Yea I'd be happy with that team. Is Rafa fit again tho? Maybe Hernandez for Wilson

Yeah. Don't want yourself getting into a sticky situation at work. :pac:

If I knock one out at my desk, NSFW images least of my problems

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Everton looking for a striker, what about Welbeck and Hernandez for James McCarthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

I'd say Amos will be in goal. Lindegaard seems out of favour IMO.

I also think Zaha may get a run tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

macslash wrote: »

cant see him fitting in anywhere in a 5-3-2....

maybe a 4-3-3 with him and Adnan wide of Welbeck would work tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

macslash wrote: »

If he doesn't get game time in this game that is that as far as his United career goes am afraid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

twam2008 wrote: »
    Everton looking for a striker, what about Welbeck and Hernandez for James McCarthy?

2 for 1? No chance!

Anyone think there might be a strong team put out tomorrow as a decisive victory might help with confidence / morale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

SSN putting Di Maria price at about £64m.Personally I think it's about £15m too much for him.
    As matter of interest currently and taking their ages/development into account what prices would people put on CR7,Bale,Pedro,Sterling,Januzai,Robben for eg????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What the f**k is with the Anna Kendrick appreciation? No. Can we get Marion Cotillard instead please?

How dare you
    you sir have made a mortal enemy

Would love to see Rafael feature, total mystery as to why he didn't play on Sunday.

• Advertisement

I need to stop reading this thread in work. Last two mails in a longer chain(where every instance I typed his name wrong)
    Sent: 25 August 2014 16:33
    To: DOC
    Subject: RE: <generic boring email title>

Thanks Daniel,

I have informed Vishal and have asked him to keep an eye when next batch is posted in <xxx>.

Regards,
    XXX

Sent: 25 August 2014 16:26
    To: XXX
    Subject: FW: <generic boring email title>

The EDI issue Vidal raised is now resolved.

Thanks,
    Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Anyone think there might be a strong team put out tomorrow as a decisive victory might help with confidence / morale?

Thought the same, Van Gaal needs to create a culture of winning. Its a habit, all the best managers know this. And with the international breaks coming up it might be a blessing in disguise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    Di Maria will go to PSG. Do Man Utd fans ever learn lol

lvgfyjt4.gif

lol

Ya you're right, if he's not played tomorrow then sin é for his Utd career. I feel he may be played up front though. I could easily be wrong.

Imagine if we lost! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

we're going to have some amount of left footed players when di maria signs esp given we couldnt get one a few years back

RVP
    Mata
    Januzaj
    Rojo
    Blackett
    Shaw
    Di maria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

We'll still probably win tomorrow night, regardless of the starting 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Internet Explorer handles blocking gifs the best natively AFAIK, i.e. without an add-on.

Go to Internet Options -> Advanced Tab -> Scroll down to Multimedia and uncheck "Play animations in webpages"

Completely blocks the gifs but leaves other still images on the webpage which you want otherwise reply buttons etc will be missing.

Firefox can block animations too but it leaves a still image of the gif which isn't ideal.

Chrome has a few add-ons that can stop animations but never used them so don't know how good or bad they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

brinty wrote: »
    How dare you
    you sir have made a mortal enemy

I'm not even sorry. Your tastes need adjusting. She's like Kleberson: on paper, all the right attributes, but put together, they just do not perform.

Thanks Townie.I've no issue with boobs,too risky in work though scrolling down a thread to get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

VG needs to make the most of the next 7 days. Bringing in a good player will help the fans but we also need comfortable wins against MK Dons and hopefully against Burnley.

Normally I wouldn't be worried but playing both teams away doesn't help, especially Burnley away. Hopefully he can make the most of the coming days. Losing against a top team people will understand but poor performances against , no disrespect, teams like this will mean the media and fan reactions won't be too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What dya reckon lads, it has been reported that his flight was to leave at 16.20.. This left Madrid at 16.29, think he could in the air?

8hqh3D.jpg

Quote/unquote: "We'll have to put our crash helmets on and park the bus and do all the things you have to do with the good teams." MK Dons boss Karl Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

SSN putting Di Maria price at about £64m.Personally I think it's about £15m too much for him.
    As matter of interest currently and taking their ages/development into account what prices would people put on CR7,Bale,Pedro,Sterling,Januzai,Robben for eg????

Apparently the base fee is just under 50 million with bonuses on top of that. Winning the league and champions league amounting to like 10 million and 5 on performance based goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

twam2008 wrote: »
    Quote/unquote: "We'll have to put our crash helmets on and park the bus and do all the things you have to do with the good teams." MK Dons boss Karl Robinson.

MK Dons parking the bus and us doing slow build up with no creativity in the final third, ah the recipe for a good cup match ;)

We'll still probably win tomorrow night, regardless of the starting 11.

Will we never learn? :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement