Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've gone back and deleted all the scantly clad gif posts.

I've asked people not to post them before, because as has been pointed out, they are NSFW for many who may want to browse the thread in a public area. They are also a killer on people browsing on a mobile.

Will continue to delete them in the future.

And by delete, I mean "Save a copy and then delete them".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lord TSC wrote: »

Why wasn't I this smart!!

To Google!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Balotelli talking over my Facebook timeline. Hurry on Di Maria!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Adamocovic wrote: »
    MK Dons parking the bus and us doing slow build up with no creativity in the final third, ah the recipe for a good cup match ;)

The line up with the likes of Kagawa Welbeck Wilson etc would actually do better in that kind of game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I felt Kagawa and Mata will well when played together last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've asked people not to post them before, because as has been pointed out, they are NSFW for many who may want to browse the thread in a public area. They are also a killer on people browsing on a mobile.

I feel like such a dick....

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Boo urns!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Thanks for shattering my positivity bubble :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Apparently the base fee is just under 50 million with bonuses on top of that. Winning the league and champions league amounting to like 10 million and 5 on performance based goals.

Well if that is the case it 'wouldn't be too bad':)

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »

Was in the process of deleting them when I saw your post so you don't have to worry about taking the blame.

Now...back on topic. :P
    Been out all day. No sign of DiMaria yet, no :(

Was in the process of deleting them when I saw your post so you don't have to worry about taking the blame.

Now...back on topic. :P
    Been out all day. No sign of DiMaria yet, no :(

Lads are tracking his plane if your into that sort of thing.Down on airport road with the binos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

astradave wrote: »
    What dya reckon lads, it has been reported that his flight was to leave at 16.20.. This left Madrid at 16.29, think he could in the air?

8hqh3D.jpg

Mildly stalkerish! :) I'd say he is on route at this stage for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Oh fiiiiine, just because Doc doesn't like boobies none of us can like boobies! Cheers Doc!

So I know I shouldn't get annoyed with this stuff but was reading an article in the Irish Independent earlier that had a so called quote from VG after the match yesterday when asked about Di Maria. They article said,
    "It is not only Di Maria, maybe (Arturo) Vidal or (Lionel) Messi! We are a big club," the Dutchman added.

Now I know most of us saw the interview, and was he not asked whether or not he liked Di Maria and replied that he did but that he also liked Messi and Vidal and many more players but he can't bring in all the players he likes.

Like how can a paper get away with putting these as apparent quotes from him, and then use this "quote" as a headline.

Sorry lads it just annoys me, rant over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Jamie Jackson spot on as usual - posted an article at 3:09 claiming there were still no plans for Di Maria to travel to Manchester, while fans in Madrid post pictures of him at the airport..

• Advertisement

So I know I shouldn't get annoyed with this stuff but was reading an article in the Irish Independent earlier that had a so called quote from VG after the match yesterday when asked about Di Maria. They article said,

Now I know most of us saw the interview, and was he not asked whether or not he liked Di Maria and replied that he did but that he also liked Messi and Vidal and many more players but he can't bring in all the players he likes.

Like how can a paper get away with putting these as apparent quotes from him, and then use this "quote" as a headline.

Because the readership no longer hold the editorial to high standards. Reporting journalism has nosedived accross the board with the advent of internet.

Jamie Jackson spot on as usual - posted an article at 3:09 claiming there were still no plans for Di Maria to travel to Manchester, while fans in Madrid post pictures of him at the airport..

Comical if true

Course this is Jamie Jackson so I expect it is!

I know it's unlikely but if we managed to bring in Di Maria, De Jong and Blind would people be happy with the transfer window?

Like I know a lot of people criticise Ed for how he handles the transfers but if those three came in I would have to say I'd be delighted.

Would no doubt help the team. I try my best not to get sucked into the rumours but dear god I hope we bring in those three players.

I know it's unlikely but if we managed to bring in Di Maria, De Jong and Blind would people be happy with the transfer window?

Like I know a lot of people criticise Ed for how he handles the transfers but if those three came in I would have to say I'd be delighted.

Would no doubt help the team. I try my best not to get sucked into the rumours but dear god I hope we bring in those three players.

Some say end justify means, others will point to end of window rush/mess. Both are right. Needs better planning and decisiveness.

Because the readership no longer hold the editorial to high standards. Reporting journalism has nosedived accross the board with the advent of internet.

Yeah I just find it so annoying, like in school and college no doubt these journalists would have to have referenced their quotes, then when they are actually writing for big enough papers and they can just mix around the wording and add stuff and call it a quote and no one working there seems to care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

17.15: Al logs on, reads many Balague posts. Al's feeling down.
    17.23: Al reads many more posts, obviously referencing some epic boob giffery. But there's none to be seen..... What's going on!? Al's feeling confused.
    17.28: Al reads TSC's post, confirming the dreaded deletions.. Al's pissed.....

God damn it TSC....

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Everyday we've signed a player this summer, Jamie Jackson has posted an article saying theres a problem with the deal or it won't go through, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

jesus theres been people standing outside the carrington since 11 this morning in the pissing rain.

and i thought we were excited

For me that would be a very good window, close to perfect but obviously lacking the world class central midfield player quality to put it over the top.

Very good non the less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What time is that plans due into Manchester at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

is posting the link acceptable/allowed as opposed to embedding them in the post?

i think perhaps a spoiler should work also..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

MrMac84 wrote: »

apparently landed 20 minutes ago

is posting the link acceptable/allowed as opposed to embedding them in the post?

i think perhaps a spoiler should work also..

just don't post pictures of scantly clad women. As well as the aforementioned problems, they are also utterly off topic the vast, vast majority of time,mso links and such don't really work either.

So let's all move on and back to United now, ok. Any further questions, send them via PM..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

In all seriousness, are United WAGs exempt from that ban or...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Would be very happy with that. Think back in May if someone said we'd buy: Herrera, Shaw, Di Maria, Rojo, DeJong and Blind. I think I would have been over the moon with that.

Only thing is, I don't think we're getting De Jong. Saw some quotes earlier this year saying he wanted to end his career in Milan and that he's very settled. I don't think he's available and LVG probably knows this.

IMO they are only after one player, and Blind is the back up option. and I think they are still working on getting Vidal, but it's an extremely difficult transfer to do and they want to be 100% sure about his fitness before going all in with a big fee.

EDIT: If in a couple days we are getting heavily linked with Blind, it means our window is done and that he is the last player coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

duffman13 wrote: »
    Mildly stalkerish! :)

Mildly? More like stalking level - Tier 1 elite. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

just don't post pictures of scantly clad women. As well as the aforementioned problems, they are also utterly off topic the vast, vast majority of time,mso links and such don't really work either.

So let's all move on and back to United now, ok. Any further questions, send them via PM..

Kate Upton is always on topic! #FREETHEUPTONTWO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is this plane business confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Whatever floats your boat, but I'm sure that kind of gif will be deleted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He also gave a post match interview to the written press and brought up those names again. He was quoted as saying that last night. Don't know if he did utter that sentence but he did mention Vidal and Messi in both interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is this plane business confirmed?

Yep, it's defo a plane.

adox wrote: »
    He also gave a post match interview to the written press and brought up those names again. He was quoted as saying that last night. Don't know if he did utter that sentence but he did mention Vidal and Messi in both interviews.

Maybe he did but not in the videos I saw, the only thing is all the other quotes were the same as the ones I heard just that quote was different.

Anyway no point dwelling on it, hope Di Maria joins by tomorrow evening and that our business isn't done then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

MrMac84 wrote: »

2 jets heading north have left Madrid in the last 40 minutes, a G650 and Hawker 800. Both are heading north with the G650 currently having the more correct bearing for Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Don't think anybody could be unhappy with the business we've done, but I fear it will all be for nowt, if we don't get a De Jong or similar, this was the position we needed filled most to be in contention for a top four place. I think we will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Top quality stuff. Better standard of journalism there and more factual than most red tops ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

"with the appointment of Louis Van Gaal, the successful ex-Holland coach who reportedly invented football." best bit :pac:
    Di Maria is some signing. glad he went to utd instead of chelsea, psg or city. the problem is now that theres too many chefs in the kitchen. mata, rooney, van persie, di maria - how do you start all them (especially with the frankly rubbish centre midfielders). its exciting but you still need the guy who is going to make it all come together... and not to mention a defender or 2.
    still a work in progress

The G650 has turned and seems to be headed for Paris.
    However the Hawker 800 is currently on a heading that will take it over shortly to the east of Brest and on over the Channel up over Cornwall and Wales so that could well be our plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lmao look at the tags devils will ruin angel 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I love the van Gaal factor

• Advertisement

Bvz9oGCIgAAwdm6.jpg:large

kstand wrote: »
    The G650 has turned and seems to be headed for Paris.

Breaking News : PSG Hijack #mufc deal for Di Maria.....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I cannot believe Madrid are willing to sell Di Maria if I am honest. Are they ****ing nuts

Breaking News : PSG Hijack #mufc deal for Di Maria.....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've read somewhere else that his flight is due to land at 19:50.
    That would more or less match up with the Hawker 800 that's currently just to the west of Lorient in Brittany.

kstand wrote: »
    I've read somewhere else that his flight is due to land at 19:50.
    That would more or less match up with the Hawker 800 that's currently just to the west of Lorient in Brittany.

herrera was taken to North West London (Have no idea why), Rojo into manchester so its possible that he would arrive in any of them.

eitherway, hes arrived in Manchester about 15 times today if you listened to everybody.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement