Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

lets move on shall we
    ibfsFampPwV5WI.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

That's cool. But for the record, I didn't throw together a quick Photoshop for the purposes of offending my own team? But if you or anyone wants me to delete what was meant to be a harmless post, then say so and I gladly will.
    I'm so offended, a gif featuring Kate Upton's twins is the only thing that might possibly get you back in my good books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Lads, Why do they have to force through a medical tonight. Can they not let him get a bit of kip first and do it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

billyhead wrote: »
    Lads, Why do they have to force through a medical tonight. Can they not let him get a bit of kip first and do it in the morning.
    To be honest the private plane trip probably didn't take much out of the lad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

And let psg loan out cavani or lavezzi tonight and offer him 2 truck loads of cash more then us! I don't think so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Because we'll be busy tomorrow with the next signing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Rumour Blind is a done deal.

relatively quiet this evening all the northern press are at the game

does the medical tonight, confirm the transfer tomorrow morning and meet the team tomorrow before theyhhead down to MK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm so offended, a gif featuring Kate Upton's twins is the only thing that might possibly get you back in my good books.

Well you better sit down for this.

I can't stand her, so I'm guessing this is you right now.....

57918_776767.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

KH25 wrote: »

Where's that coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Source my good man?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

City s strength in depth is frightening.

Andy mitten is backing up blind

Blind to United is all over twitter. Not sure where it originated though

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Source my good man?
    Where's that coming from?

Sorry lads, no official 'credible' source. Just what I've seen on twitter and what a few mates have texted me. Rumours are ranging between an official bid being imminent and United having a deal agreed with the player himself.

I know, I know, but I got excited..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Andy Mitten and his play up channel, came from Utd scouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Twitter rumour?

This day just get's better and better. Please god it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

It better be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Well you better sit down for this.

I can't stand her, so I'm guessing this is you right now.....
    Speaking of Blind......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

I haven't seen Blind play in the Dutch league apart from what I saw for Holland in the WC. I know he would be an improvement on Cleverly and possibly Fletcher but is he a solution to our midfield problems. Why waste money on him when we could use if for a massive bid for Vidal that Juventus could not turn down. But Di Maria is about to sign so I have to resurrect this gif http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/moyes-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So is Blind instead of De Jong/Vidal. He is a Defensive mid isn't he?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This day just get's better and better. Please god it's true.

it has although my friend may pass out when he gets back from his unplugged holiday. i doubt he has a clue whats going on and hes been over a week now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Because when they announce it at night its easier for us guys to FAP instead of being in work and college during the day with a rager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Not arsed about Di Maria (don't kill me for that remark!!) but I'd be delighted if Blind was signed. Can play different positions and was impressive from what we saw at the World Cup.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So is Blind instead of De Jong/Vidal. He is a Defensive mid isn't he?
    Also can play LB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Watching City atm, and I don't care who we sign (barring Ronaldo or Messi), we're so far away from them, it's frightening.

Reckon a lot of the football side of the club needs to be restructured and improved upon to have any chance of catching them. Can't say I'm too impressed by what's coming through from our youth teams and what our scouting department does.

Why waste money on him when we could use if for a massive bid for Vidal that Juventus could not turn down.

1) He would certainly not be a waste of money
    2) You seem to be assuming signing Blind would rule out a potential move for Vidal - there's no evidence for that really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Seems strange that Van Gaal would scout players he has worked with for a while, could be looking at a player he has not worked with as much in the last two years. Joel Veltman for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I haven't seen Blind play in the Dutch league apart from what I saw for Holland in the WC. I know he would be an improvement on Cleverly and possibly Fletcher but is he a solution to our midfield problems. Why waste money on him when we could use if for a massive bid for Vidal that Juventus could not turn down.
    Blind is an upgrade on Clev,fletch and Anderson.He will help improve the midfield but we still need another cm imo.
    He is also very versatile so I think its a good deal as long as its no more than 15m or so.

Signing blind does not preclude signing Vidal. No way. In fact I believe we will buy a third player before the end of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

madcabbage wrote: »
    Not arsed about Di Maria (don't kill me for that remark!!) but I'd be delighted if Blind was signed. Can play different positions and was impressive from what we saw at the World Cup.

He's one of the best players in the world and you're not arsed? :confused:

Signing blind does not preclude signing Vidal. No way. In fact I believe we will buy a third player before the end of the window.

Fingers crossed!
    If we do sign Blind and another midfielder we'll basically have a new team

It will be goodbye to cleverley for good

Blind is a sensible buy, plays Defensive MF and left back, at 24 hes a good mix of youth and maturity, could be a very good signing for us, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I haven't seen Blind play in the Dutch league apart from what I saw for Holland in the WC. I know he would be an improvement on Cleverly and possibly Fletcher but is he a solution to our midfield problems. Why waste money on him when we could use if for a massive bid for Vidal that Juventus could not turn down.

we need more than vidal. rojo could have been bought for a cb role and that leaves us short of lb which blind can and has played. hes a great DM too.

2 things 1 there may still be concerns on vidals knee and last thing we need is to spend the amount required and for him to have major injuries on his knees which could stifle the rest of his career. 2 and completely contradictory who says its either or? if united are happy to move for vidal im sure they will if juve are willing to let him go blind could likely be being bought for his utility player role. its also possibly blind could be used there as a stop gap until january when a move for vidal or strootman could happen if they prove they are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

We need a player like Fernando, he's very good at what he does. Anyone else watching tonight agree?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

They'll **** around with the Vidal transfer to the very last day. Fail, and bid for Blind, but because we left it last minute we'll end up spending close to 25 million for him. Fin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Buy Blind.

Sell Cleverly.
    Sell Fellaini.
    Sell Valencia
    Buy Vidal.

Bid for Ronaldo for fun, asking if he wants to join his close friend, DiMaria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

madcabbage wrote: »

Sorry but Di Maria is far more exciting than Blind. He's a filler at best ala John O'Shea. He will do a good job in whatever position he is played without ever really making it his own. Improvement on our current midfield options however he wouldn't get into the starting midfield of city arsenal or chelsea.

Forgot to say Blind also knows VG and his system well. Should let him bed in quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Come on Ed. Bring home the bacon. Get us 2 more players at least

I don't think we will sign Vidal. I think we will sign Di Maria, Blind and another CM. Who that will be I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I don't think we will sign Vidal. I think we will sign Di Maria, Blind and another CM. Who that will be I don't know.

De Jong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

DiMaria is an amazing buy. Overprices, well probably but they have underinvested in the team for years so time for a catch up.

It brings us a marque player, brings confidence etc.
    Anyone who has any issue with it is crazy.
    Yes, of course there are issues around the pitch, but since other teams aren't going to let us pick anyone we want we need to take the best on offer. For some reason Real has agreed to let him go, more fool them.
    ONe issue that I read from Paul Parker was that all these signings (Shaw, Rojo, DiMaria) mean that we will have the most expensive left side around, but have Young and Rafael on the right!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    De Jong

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

de jong seems to be the other one talked about the most. perhaps lucas silva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

haha, you know it's legit because of the Chevvy's!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement