Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

City look ominously good - didn't get out of third gear and brushed Pool aside like they were nothing much.... playing them might be squeaky bum times ...

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I wouldn't rule out Vidal at this point, this is the craziest United transfer window I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We aren't going to spend £130-40 million in the space of 7 days are we, I think Blind and Di Maria will be our lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think De Jong would be a great signing for a 352\433

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Leroy42 wrote: »
    but have Young and Rafael on the right!

More likely Rafael & Januzaj.

We aren't going to spent £130-40 million in the space of 7 days are we, I think Blind and Di Maria will be our lot
    Why not? its not like we don't have it ... fcuk it bid for Messi too and give them 150m as we at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Montroseee wrote: »
    We need a player like Fernando, he's very good at what he does. Anyone else watching tonight agree?
    he s good at his job and would have been a great buy for us.I think City paid 12m for him,bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

What are people's opinions of Lucas Silva? I know nothing of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

We aren't going to spent £130-40 million in the space of 7 days are we, I think Blind and Di Maria will be our lot

a good few journos (i know but still) mentioned that kinda figure being dropped in a week. im not expecting it but wouldnt be surprise if we dropped another 20-30+ on 2 or 3 more

KH25 wrote: »
    What are people's opinions of Lucas Silva? I know nothing of him.

dont know much but tim vickery whos a fairly decent reporter and knows south american players quite well talked him up great. best passer in the brazilian league.

http://talksport.com/football/inside-track-manchester-united-and-chelsea-target-lucas-silva-140820108950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

It's my birthday tomorrow and Louis has bought me an Angel ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭macslash

OT but just looking at City's team, they only have one English player starting and just one more on the bench. Should they be allowed that? Thought there was supposed to be certain amount English/home grown?!

Plus, where are these Blind rumours coming from?

macslash wrote: »
    OT but just looking at City's team, they only have one English player starting and just one more on the bench. Should they be allowed that? Thought there was supposed to be certain amount English/home grown?!

you have to have 5 home grown players in the 25 man squad but thats it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

macslash wrote: »

they only have to make sure there is 8 homegrown players in the 25 man squad

Blind rumours are coming from andy mitten

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

PaulieC wrote: »
    It's my birthday tomorrow and Louis has bought me an Angel ��

It was mine today, I thought he was for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

He's one of the best players in the world and you're not arsed? :confused:

Well I'm more on the fence for fixing the central midfield and defensive woes but addressing that position. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player and all, but I think it's daft to go spend that level of money on a player in the hope our attacking style will outweigh the problems of the defence. That's all...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

They'll **** around with the Vidal transfer to the very last day. Fail, and bid for Blind, but because we left it last minute we'll end up spending close to 25 million for him. Fin

It doesn't take lads long to revert to type... Di Maria has just arrived for his medical

https://twitter.com/howardnurse/status/504012863334543360

So a bit less ... Nurse is most trusted source I know..

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/504013577955835905

Balague just correcting himself :)

tbh with the talk of de jong i'd rather try and get cioke tiote for not much more. had a great first season mixed 2nd but again good last season. hes a beast and if we played 433 will cover the defence and allow say di maria and herrera burst forward and create

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Ogden and Mathieson on twitter saying an initial fee of £59.7m is agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bring back the DDG white sheet
    article-2008637-0CC1A6D300000578-80_634x420.jpg

Bring back the DDG white sheet
    article-2008637-0CC1A6D300000578-80_634x420.jpg

we're one ****ing paranoid club

shrewdness wrote: »
    Ogden and Mathieson on twitter saying an initial fee of £59.7m is agreed.

ballague said early the same 75 million euro rising to 80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I must be the only one who doesnt give a crap about the fee, we need this player, job done. Onto the next one please.

Spend what ever you need to get us back into the top 4 tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

twam2008 wrote: »
    I wouldn't rule out Vidal at this point, this is the craziest United transfer window I've ever seen.

The Miguel Delanay article that caused so much trouble 2 weeks ago (only his second United article all summer) had us signing 4 players - 2 CBs, a CM and a winger. he named the following 4 targets.

Rojo
    Di Maria
    Blind
    Vidal.

if we sign Blind its 3 down, one to go....i dont anybody can ever question Mr Delaney again if that 3rd deal happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

magnumbud wrote: »
    tbh with the talk of de jong i'd rather try and get cioke tiote for not much more. had a great first season mixed 2nd but again good last season. hes a beast and if we played 433 will cover the defence and allow say di maria and herrera burst forward and create

I would prefer De Jong.Think he is a better player.They are of similar age and have a similar style but I just think there is more quality in De Jong.De Jong would probably be easier/cheaper to get.

To put it in perspective if its £59.6m.... that's just 9.6 million more then Torres and David Luiz :eek:

#Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Headshot wrote: »
    I must be the only one who doesnt give a crap about the fee, we need this player, job done. Onto the next one please.

Agreed.

We can't afford not to spend big considering how badly we need quality players.

Di Maria is a brilliant start. Midfielder next please!

daily fail twitter have mixed up the euro and pound symbol :P 75 million pound there saying
    yabadabado wrote: »
    I would prefer De Jong.Think he is a better player.They are of similar age and have a similar style but I just think there is more quality in De Jong.De Jong would probably be easier/cheaper to get.

for some reason thought tiote was 2-3 years younger than he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Rojo, shaw, blind and Di Maria are all left footed. Could add a lot of balance to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Nope, and for the life of me I can't understand why everyone is hung up on the fee, people are moaning about 'we need to strengthen in other areas'

Yes we do, when a genuine world star/match winner, (this guy was MOTM in the CL final last year) you have to get him, no excuses about other areas that need work, you have to get him.....

I firmly believe that we are working on improving the back line and addressing the CM problem, but should we not do the Di Maria deal because of it???

Are people seriously suggesting that?

I couldn't care less what the fee is, we are on of the biggest clubs in the world, we STILL are IMO and we need to start showing it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Guillem Balague has been discussing the Angel di Maria deal on Sky Sports' Revista de la Liga programme tonight. He says the Real Madrid winger only had eyes for Manchester United once the Premier League club's interest was confirmed...

"His entourage is saying that as soon as they found out Manchester United were in the equation then there was no PSG or anyone else, they just wanted to go to Manchester United."

Bv1s06yIMAAiafc.jpg

Rojo, shaw, blind and Di Maria are all left footed. Could add a lot of balance to the team.

add blackett, mata and RVP and youre just about able to balance out how right footed valencia is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The Miguel Delanay article that caused so much trouble 2 weeks ago (only his second United article all summer) had us signing 4 players - 2 CBs, a CM and a winger. he named the following 4 targets.

Rojo
    Di Maria
    Blind
    Vidal.

if we sign Blind its 3 down, one to go....i dont anybody can ever question Mr Delaney again if that 3rd deal happens.

I won't doubt him again. If it happens. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

yabadabado wrote: »

To go further with that he has a working relationship with Van Gaal & He's been there and done it with the top clubs in Europe, his experience in there right now would be invaluable, if Vidal is unattainable then De Jong for sure

I won't doubt him again. If it happens. :p

I'll also send Woodward an Apology card and a box of Roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

along with Mata, Van Persie, Januzaj, Anderson (does he even count anymore?), Blackett and Evans.

We could nearly field a team of left footers

advertsfox wrote: »
    Guillem Balague has been discussing the Angel di Maria deal on Sky Sports' Revista de la Liga programme tonight. He says the Real Madrid winger only had eyes for Manchester United once the Premier League club's interest was confirmed...

"His entourage is saying that as soon as they found out Manchester United were in the equation then there was no PSG or anyone else, they just wanted to go to Manchester United."

Bv1s06yIMAAiafc.jpg

I just got goosebumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I just got goosebumps

I let out a weird 13 year old girl sounding giggle/noise.

I need to calm down

• Advertisement

were-back.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bv1s06yIMAAiafc.jpg

He wanted to leave and UTD were the only club interested. Of course he wanted to go there. Don't know what some people are reading into this tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Not too hard to disregard interest from PSG if they never made a concrete offer.

I'd find it hard to believe Di Maria would choose United ahead of PSG given the choice, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Di Maria the best player and biggest name we've brought in since Veron.

Schwiiing wrote: »
    He wanted to leave and UTD were the only club interested. Of course he wanted to go there. Don't know what some people are reading into this tbh.
    PSG reportedly involved too..

Schwiiing wrote: »

1269867-buzzkill.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

In fairness, they all say that.

Robbie Keane said that about all the 44 clubs he signed for.

lads after 5 years we may finally have a proper no 7 to get excited about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

irishfeen wrote: »
    PSG reportedly involved too..
    And Barca. He was a wanted man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I'd find it hard to believe Di Maria would choose United ahead of PSG given the choice, wouldn't you?

Of course not, were Man Utd supporters in here case you hadn't noticed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement