Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If somebody had posted a fantasy MUFC lineup with Mata and Di Maria on 1st of January, they'd probably have been told to go back to football manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

v3ttel wrote: »
    If somebody had posted a fantasy MUFC lineup with Mata and Di Maria on 1st of January, they'd probably have been told to go back to football manager.

Actually someone should look back over shadowcomplex's posts. We might owe him an apology...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I'd find it hard to believe Di Maria would choose United ahead of PSG given the choice, wouldn't you?

to be honest, some players grow up dreaming of playing manchester united....i doubt you can say the same about PSG.

it may not be the case for every player, but it certainly helps - RVP being the other most recent example (V City and Juve).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lads, if we sign Blind and someone comes along and says "ha ha! United spent like 80m on 3 LB's this summer!!!!111!!!!"

I will do bad things to good people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Ed pulled off Vidal now I'd kiss his little round smiley head for eternity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

In fairness, they all say that.

Robbie Keane said that about all the 44 clubs he signed for.

not many state it 5 years before they join:D
    Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World.
    “And I won’t stop till I get it.
    “When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.
    “When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

v3ttel wrote: »

If someone said we'd spend 180m on players without replacing Rio and Vidic or bringing in a defensive midfielder they'd be told they're too stupid to play Football Manager.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't believe for a second we would spend the money required to get Vidal on top of the Di Maria fee, BUT if we were still interesting then certainly signing the likes of Di Maria will only help our cause. Vidal now knows we mean business!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

Nope, and for the life of me I can't understand why everyone is hung up on the fee, people are moaning about 'we need to strengthen in other areas'

Yes we do, when a genuine world star/match winner, (this guy was MOTM in the CL final last year) you have to get him, no excuses about other areas that need work, you have to get him.....

I firmly believe that we are working on improving the back line and addressing the CM problem, but should we not do the Di Maria deal because of it???

Are people seriously suggesting that?

I couldn't care less what the fee is, we are on of the biggest clubs in the world, we STILL are IMO and we need to start showing it....

Delighted Di Maria is on the way but signing him without signing another CM in this window would be ridiculous. CM is a major problem and has been for a while as seen recently by two average midfield's walking all over us.

I'm waiting until the window closes before I take out the pickfork though. I have faith someone like Blind will be brought in. Defence will be good enough once fully fit but they still need protection in front of them, not a superstar on the wing.

Actually someone should look back over shadowcomplex's posts. We might owe him an apology...

this might be some futureguy style voodoo

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91188716&postcount=6186
    Shadowcomplex

I dont like Di Maria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Neville talking about the formation and set up right now on Sky.

worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Zico wrote: »
    If someone said we'd spend 180m on players without replacing Rio and Vidic or bringing in a defensive midfielder they'd be told they're too stupid to play Football Manager.

I'm sure Van Gaal is a man of considerable intelligence given the fact he has won a league in every country in which he has managed and guided a fairly ordinary Dutch team, without it's best midfielder, to 3rd place in the World Cup.

We're about to sign one of the top 10 footballers in the world. I don't know how you can only focus on the negatives right now, especially with the prospect of Blind and/or De Jong following soon.

Also, Rojo says hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

:eek:
    At least wait til the weekend before getting that desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If we get vidal we could yet win the league after our bad start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Love this photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

If it helps convince him to sign, I'll do it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not too hard to disregard interest from PSG if they never made a concrete offer.

I'd find it hard to believe Di Maria would choose United ahead of PSG given the choice, wouldn't you?

No, I wouldn't find it hard to believe. United are a huge club, paying huge wages, with a big name manager. We are one season out of the CL due to a disastrous succession plan. Up until a couple of years ago, we were the main European rivals to the greatest club side ever, playing them in 3 CL finals. The talk of our demise is bizarre. It's like people are trying to say it enough to make it true.

All that being said, I don't need a player to say he loves the club for me to cheer him on. Do the job you are paid to do and I'm happy. The rest of it is for the overly sentimental types.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Love this photo

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Love this photo

What photo?

Class user name

• Advertisement

Herrera back in "light training" apparently..

would miss Burnley, but i would assume that means he should be back for QPR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is going to be a great week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Schwiiing wrote: »
    No.

Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!

we wont imo we have still have a raft of players learning a new system and/or new to english football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This is going to be a great week.

Mitch is happy and we have burst our transfer record. We are officially in the twilight zone, people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

The fact that Blind (seems) signed, makes me think there's definitely a CM coming. It's all that's left and would have been priority over Blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

worth a look.

What had Neville to say?

Mitch is happy and we have burst our transfer record. We are officially in the twilight zone, people. :pac:

you also missed us becoming keen aviation enthusiasts for the length of time it takes to fly from madrid to manchester

Christ almost 800posts in a day:eek:

• Advertisement

worth a look.

What did Neville say??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

No, I wouldn't find it hard to believe. United are a huge club, paying huge wages, with a big name manager. We are one season out of the CL due to a disastrous succession plan. Up until a couple of years ago, we were the main European rivals to the greatest club side ever, playing them in 3 CL finals. The talk of our demise is bizarre. It's like people are trying to say it enough to make it true.

All that being said, I don't need a player to say he loves the club for me to cheer him on. Do the job you are paid to do and I'm happy. The rest of it is for the overly sentimental types.

Agree with most of what you're saying, I don't think the club is in demise etc.

I just don't think PSG were in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

twam2008 wrote: »
    The fact that Blind (seems) signed, makes me think there's definitely a CM coming. It's all that's left and would have been priority over Blind.

If we sign Blind I'd be even less confident that we'll sign a DM, considering Blind plays there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Not a chance in hell. Even with the signing of a proper no.16 and a decent central defense, it's not going to happen.

Even with those imperative positions filled, the squad still has no depth. City and Chelsea have actual squads. Mourinho's philosophy of having two good players for every position. UTD don't even have one for a lot of positions!

Van Gall needs two years minimum to sort out this mess. But with only a few weeks into the job, he's done very well in his first transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lads, if we sign Blind and someone comes along and says "ha ha! United spent like 80m on 3 LB's this summer!!!!111!!!!"

I will do bad things to good people.

They will. The Lad Bible or some ****. Thats how football "banter" works, sorry I should say Top Footy Banta.

lol United can't sign big players without Champions League football.
    Angel Di Maria.

lol United are paying £97.6m rising to £2.2bn wit addons innit!
    Shy of £60m.

lol United are signing a winger when they need midfielder and defenders.
    By deadline day will possibly have signed Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind, and another CM to go with The Angel Mary.

lol still 1 point from 2 games
    With a squad decimated by injuries.

lol Phil Jones face
    Yeah.

Thats how it goes. Just have to ignore it or you will become as think as they are.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Sorry forgot to attach photo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Taking a step back and looking at it, it's a massive statement of intent. Breaking the British transfer record to bring in a guy like that with no CL qualification is incredible really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I may just shít the bed if we've signed Di Maria and Vidal in the one week.

Need sleep......but can't stop following thread.....so much good news.......must resist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I may just shít the bed if we've signed Di Maria and Vidal in the one week.

Better stay up a few nights just in case so 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SSN transfer saying Welbeck loan deal to Everton looks on

Im not sure what to think of it lads. Im far from a fan of his but I rather if he went next summer transfer window

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Need sleep......but can't stop following thread.....so much good news.......must resist

heres the indo article for some bed time reading ;)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arturo-vidal-to-manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-wants-juventus-midfielder-to-join-angel-di-maria-in-34m-deal-9690093.html

NTMK wrote: »

was projected to hit that, 12 months ago. the problems will be this year without the unplanned loss of CL money.

but yes, it is incredible money. the club is in great health financially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Headshot wrote: »
    SSN transfer saying Welbeck loan deal to Everton looks on

Im not sure what to think of it lads. Im far from a fan of his but I rather if he went next summer transfer window

I see no sense in loaning him out.

De Gea
    Rafael -- Jones -- Rojo -- Shaw
    Herrea
    Vidal
    Januzaj
    Mata ---- Di Maria
    Rooney

This is fun....

And btw Jones should start every game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Agree with most of what you're saying, I don't think the club is in demise etc.

I just don't think PSG were in for him.

PSG were 100% in for him. There are real quotes from their owner talking about how his transfer is 'too expensive'. Also, Blanc spoke about him a few days ago and said that they weren't the only club in for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Maybe hes had a falling out with Van Gaal? There's no other reason why he'd be loaned out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/504022851775913984

Another one running with Vidal tomorrow ... MUST. NOT. GET. EXCITED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

nuxxx wrote: »
    Maybe hes had a falling out with Van Gaal? There's no other reason why he'd be loaned out

Does the fact we have too many strikers not have anything to do with it I wonder?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement