Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

I see no sense in loaning him out.

I thinks its a smart move, give him year with Everton. What harm.
    He could be a cert to start alongside lukaku.
    Another smart move by Martinez also.

We can make a decision on him at the end of the season. Hopefully his finishing improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

thelad95 wrote: »
    Does the fact we have too many strikers not have anything to do with it I wonder?

We've only got 4, one of which is injury prone and another who isn't considered good enough to start games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is FutureGuy around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/504022851775913984/photo/1

Another one running with Vidal tomorrow ... MUST. NOT. GET. EXCITED.

the money being talked about is nowhere near what Juve will want. have a feeling that if we offer £34million, its going with hernandez included at least.

in saying that, i think 90% of United fans would accept that deal. either way, any deal for Vidal wont be much cheaper than Di Maria, but i guess Hernandez is worth £15m+ at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/504022851775913984/photo/1

Another one running with Vidal tomorrow ... MUST. NOT. GET. EXCITED.

What paper is that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would more worry that if we get dragged into the battle for 4th, Everton will likely bite there or there about.

Still, Lukaku and Welbeck would be quite a strike duo for Everton.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't think it's a smart move giving Welbeck to one of our rivals for a champions league spot, in fact it sounds utterly fúcking stupid.

Welbeck would thrive in a team like Everton. I still think he should be first choice for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

My sig is in serious danger. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

rockal wrote: »

Stop it! I can't take any more excitement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I thinks its a smart move, give him year with Everton. What harm.
    He could be a cert to start alongside lukaku.
    Another smart move by Martinez also.

We can make a decision on him at the end of the season. Hopefully his finishing improves.
    nuxxx wrote: »
    We've only got 4, one of which is injury prone and another who isn't considered good enough to start games
    I don't think it's a smart move giving Welbeck to one of our rivals for a champions league spot, in fact it sounds utterly fúcking stupid.

Welbeck would thrive in a team like Everton. I still think he should be first choice for us.

This is why Mick. Seems crazy

Also Everton only play with 1 up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

nuxxx wrote: »
    Maybe hes had a falling out with Van Gaal? There's no other reason why he'd be loaned out

If LVG has told him he's firmly behind Rooney and RVP for a striking berth and LVG won't be square pegging him on the wing like Moyes did, then maybe a season at another team who are let's be honest) at a similar level as us in terms of league position will help him. Give him regular footy, see if he can finally step up, or prove that he's not up to it.

Would still prefer to sell on some of our dead wood rather than loan but we've been paying them all such daft money it might be tough to shift them to clubs at their level.

Cleverley is probably a good fit for a bottom half Premier League team (yes I know we are one currently) but what team at that level can pay him the £50/60k a week that we allegedly are?

Hmmm on seconds thought when u mention CL contenders.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Headshot wrote: »
    SSN transfer saying Welbeck loan deal to Everton looks on

Im not sure what to think of it lads. Im far from a fan of his but I rather if he went next summer transfer window

Much rather we shipped Chicharito out. Strong believer Welbeck can come good for us. Don't go Danny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

What paper is that?
    its the indo's sport section

same article as the other one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

What paper is that?

The i. It's the shorter version of the Independent. It's basically the same paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If we get both players I will change my username to I love Ed Woodward..

Let me spend a fiver god dam it Ed!!

1 down 1 to go.

Vidal or Kheidra, Ed. make that choice, you have 7 days.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

NTMK wrote: »
    its the indo's sport section

same article as the other one

Different paper. It's a concise version of the Indo. It's only in England. 30p. A cracking paper for that price. Same article. Means nothing.

This is why Mick. Seems crazy

Also Everton only play with 1 up top

Yep, wasnt considering Everton as top 4 challengers when I should have been.

If we loan him to Everton and he looks in danger of firing them to 4th ahead of us, recall the fecker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Di maria signed
    Strong talk of blind being signed and now vidal rumours starting again:

Stop_my_penis_can_only_get_so_erect.gif

the tricky thing is where do we send him?
    top 4 dont need him/we wont loan him to them
    Everton-threat and will he play as a striker?
    Spurs look like a huge 4th place threat now
    mid table or lower doesnt help him

out foreign?

between chica and welbeck, chica is the one id cull i think welbeck will be used a fair bit in a 433 and is a more versatile player than hernandez

Hococop wrote: »
    Di maria signed
    Strong talk of blind being signed and now vidal rumours starting again:

Stop_my_penis_can_only_get_so_erect.gif

Not sure if I should like that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    PSG were 100% in for him. There are real quotes from their owner talking about how his transfer is 'too expensive'. Also, Blanc spoke about him a few days ago and said that they weren't the only club in for him.

Nope, the only way United can sign a player is if absolutely no other team wants him. Haven't you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Very interested in what happens with Lucas Silva. From the bits I've seen of him he certainly looks the part.

Not sure if I should like that....

I saw you thanked it then had a change of heart haha

twam2008 wrote: »
    Stop it! I can't take any more excitement.

In fairness the bull**** tabloid stories are going into overdrive because of di maria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

No way juve will let vidal go for £34m, hes worth £50m anyway so hopefully chica might go the other way, he wont be happy on the bench and will save some cash too.

NTMK wrote: »
    the tricky thing is where do we send him?
    top 4 dont need him/we wont loan him to them
    Everton-threat and will he play as a striker?
    Spurs look like a huge 4th place threat now
    mid table or lower doesnt help him

out foreign?

between chica and welbeck, chica is the one id cull i think welbeck will be used a fair bit in a 433 and is a more versatile player than hernandez

We send him to the starting 11.

We send him to the starting 11.

Hes not good enought, its plain and simple.

• Advertisement

case885 wrote: »
    No way juve will let vidal go for £34m, hes worth £50m anyway so hopefully chico might go the other way, he wont be happy on the bench and will save some cash too.

You think £34 milion and chico might get it done?

Also anybody hear or read anymore about benita? That died off the last few days

In fairness the bull**** tabloid stories are going into overdrive because of di maria

Read earlier today that we were one of three clubs in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

case885 wrote: »
    No way juve will let vidal go for £34m, hes worth £50m anyway so hopefully chico might go the other way, he wont be happy on the bench and will save some cash too.
    £34m and a player I would imagine as you have said... I would drive to Manchester, collect the mula and chico and drive across the continent and personally drop and collect the goods for that...

£34m and a player I would imagine as you have said... I would drive to Manchester, collect the mula and chico and drive across the continent and personally drop and collect the goods for that...

Try and sneak Anderson or cleverly in the boot of the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

For the starting 11? Maybe not but I can think of at least half a dozen players I'd like shipped out of the club before looking at him.

I can only think he's decided he wants to leave himself because of not being guarenteed first team football. He ticks all the boxes to be Van Gaals sort of player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Aren't Everton signing Eto'o? What use would they have for Welbeck aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Might need a few extra pound for Diesel with the extra weight :pac:

adox wrote: »
    For the starting 11? Maybe not but I can think of at least half a dozen players I'd like shipped out of the club before looking at him.

I can only think he's decided he wants to leave himself because of not being guarenteed first team football. He ticks all the boxes to be Van Gaals sort of player.

TBH I dont mind him as a squad player but he's far from starting 11 for me. Your right we should be shipping out the likes of Ando and cleverly before Welbeck.

Plain and simply, I don't agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

You think £34 milion and chico might get it done?

Also anybody hear or read anymore about benita? That died off the last few days

If nani hadnt gone to sporting he could have been thrown in as well, would definitely be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Why do people keep saying Blind is a CB ?

Neville and Carragher were on about him being versatile but never once mentioned he is a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This time next week we shall be left to discuss how successful our transfer windows has been... Time is ticking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Di Maria is not the end, merely the beginning. Expect him to take some time to settle and then BOOM.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying Blind is a CB ?

Neville and Carragher were on about him being versatile but never once mentioned he is a midfielder.

I don't feel as bad now :D

This time next week we shall be left to discuss how successful our transfer windows has been... Time is ticking!

a 7 days along with 2 games and this time next week this thread will be closed:eek:

going to my first league cup game tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Gary Neville on Di Maria.

EDIT: Forgot to mention... Row Joe

:pac:

I was going to suggest both, but if Anderson is in there you couldn't fit anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Blind rumours are coming from Mitten. We'll either sign Blind or Vidal at this stage but not both IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Delighted with the Di Maria news. But if we are in for Vidal, then surely Juve are looking at what we're paying for Di Maria and saying we'll have some of that too please. Can't see him going for £34 million unless there's some exchange deal in the offing where poor Shinji is finally put out of his misery, and if Wellbeck is indeed going on loan then presumably that would make Chico more likely to stay ruling him out as a bargaining chip.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement