Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

brinty wrote: »
    WHATS
    HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGGG

This:

Stop_my_penis_can_only_get_so_erect.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

irishfeen wrote: »
    In work fcuk sake what's happening??

+1
    ON LUNCH
    FURIOUSLY CHECKING HERE, TWITTER, BBC SPORT AND THE CLUB WEBSITE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

irishfeen wrote: »
    In work fcuk sake what's happening??

He failed his medical.

*Runs away*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Billy86 wrote: »
    Problem there is that the midfield would get torn to shreds on counters, or possibly in general by hardworking, compact, disciplined units, even with less talent. Could possibly work when Carrick is back if you put him in Herrera's place, and Herrera in Januzaj's though. Or if we get someone like De Jong/Vidal in the next few days and do likewise.

I know it's a very top heavy attack, but I don't know why you think Michael Carricks inclusion is going to matter. He's been bypassed in midfield the last few years, so having him in there over a Herrera who's mobile and seems to like to put his foot in, doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: Apologies, didn't see it was the swap for Januzaj, though I think he works hard enough for the team. Ideally you'd need Herrera, Vidal and Di Maria in that three... but that's me daydreaming

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Raf-jones-Evans-shaw

Herrera-carrick-Di Maria

Mata

Rooney-rvp

Thought about that line up alright, but it seems quite narrow. Oh well guess we'll just have to see what happens in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

sky just showed him arriving at carrington again but this time sometime earlier today i'm guessing thats the "its happening" comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

De Gea

----Rafael
    Jones
    Evans
    Shaw

Carrick

Herrera----Mata----Di Maria

Rooney
    RVP

We are not signing Di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Nuts102 wrote: »

De Gea

----Rafael
    Jones
    Evans
    Shaw

Carrick

Herrera----Mata----Di Maria

Rooney
    RVP

Strootman in for carrick and it would be a great team, shame he wasnt fit for the world cup, gundogan would be ideal too if he was fit.

• Advertisement

Lads hate to rain on all these parades and fantasy line ups but i think we're all kidding ourselves with Rafael in a 442/433/4231 formation
    LvG never said he was injured (open to correction here) and he hasn't been involved in the first 2 games of the season.
    I think he could be in the departure lounge too..with Cleverly, Anderson, Zaha, Kagawa and Welbeck

We are not signing Di Maria.

Stop taking FutureGuy's line

get your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

giphy.gif

Needs to be posted again

Stop taking FutureGuy's line

get your own

Crap, wrong account. :o

Lads hate to rain on all these parades and fantasy line ups but i think we're all kidding ourselves with Rafael in a 442/433/4231 formation
    LvG never said he was injured (open to correction here) and he hasn't been involved in the first 2 games of the season.
    I think he could be in the departure lounge too..with Cleverly, Anderson, Zaha, Kagawa and Welbeck

He's definitely not good enough but we just don't have the money/players to replace him so that'll be January or next summer I reckon

di-maria-o.gif

Lol

• Advertisement

He's definitely not good enough but we just don't have the money/players to replace him so that'll be January or next summer I reckon

couldnt disagree more. think he was one of our best players 2 seasons ago and injuries simply halted his progress last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,394 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If we were to sign Vidal as well (or sub De Jong in to this formation, maybe) this is how I would go.

http://bit.ly/1vine5H

319797.jpg

magnumbud wrote: »
    couldnt disagree more. think he was one of our best players 2 seasons ago and injuries simply halted his progress last season

I'll refer you to Nani....

magnumbud wrote: »

We have a lot of players living off past glories. Nani had one good season in 7 and it's still being used as a defence for his inconsistency. Rafael was good that season I'll admit, but he's been very poor since, and he's extremely injury prone so can't be relied on.

You see his progress being interrupted, I think it's stopped completely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

He was sent home from the US tour injured. LVG said last week that he's training again.

• Advertisement

If we were to sign Vidal as well (or sub De Jong in to this formation, maybe) this is how I would go.

319797.jpg

Definitely wouldn't have Smalling there ahead of Jones, lesser of two evils and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

319797.jpg

I agree. Rooney even specifically said to LVG that he can play as a 9, 10, or on either wing.

We won't be getting the absolute best out of Rooney but he can still be effective and we'll get the best of the other 3 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Anyone know if he's gone for a medical or what's the latest at this stage???

Did part of it, at least, last night.

May be finishing it today, doing promo shots etc at the moment.

319799.jpg

FYP :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

319797.jpg

I'd swap Rooney and Mata (Mata and Di Maria could interchange too) and Rojo pushing Smalling for a start at CB...

Still all and all that's an exciting line up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Sky running that ADM has arrived at Carrington.

Definitely wouldn't have Smalling there ahead of Jones, lesser of two evils and all that.

Fair enough, horses for courses in a way.

My main point was regarding the midfield and forward 3, with specifically not mirroring Di Maria's wide position with Rooneys more central one.

Herrera popped up on the right a fair bit in his time for Athletic so the right side width could come from, depending on passage of play, Rooney, Herrera, Mata or Rafael.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would agree on Jones in for Smalling; Jones has been doing well at CB.

I also feel that with the No 5, Rojo should be in somewhere, but it's the problem with 2 center backs when we have 5 available. Honestly, for all people said about getting in more center backs, I reckon we could see one move in the not to distant future on the search for regular first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I think/hope that the Di Maria signing, coupled with another CM would mean we change to a 4-3-3 for the majority of games.

De Gea

Rafael----Jones
    Rojo----Shaw

Carrick

Someone
    Herrera

Januzaj
    Di Maria

Rooney/RVP

That's a really good team imo.

With the squad as in (assuming we get Di Maria and no one else), I'd go:

De Gea
    Rafael----Jones
    Rojo----Shaw
    Rooney
    Herrera
    Januzaj
    Mata
    Di Maria
    RVP

It could be argued that the CM is too open. Herrera was brought to the club as a CM in any case. The only player potentially out of position is Rooney. Both Rooney & Herrera have outstanding workrates, and are capable of doing the defensive work.

Obviously Vidal would be ideal, but I can't see the club selling out the money for him, after paying £59.7 for Di Maria.

• Advertisement

We have a lot of players living off past glories. Nani had one good season in 7 and it's still being used as a defence for his inconsistency. Rafael was good that season I'll admit, but he's been very poor since, and he's extremely injury prone so can't be relied on.

You see his progress being interrupted, I think it's stopped completely.

think hes been fairly solid when fit up until last season and 1 season when the rest of the team were terrible and he missed half the season due to injury should not be case to write him off. i'll give you he may have be injury prone but i disagree that he is not good enough. i'd give him 1 more year at least and IMO i think comparisons to nani, anderson or anyone else is unjustified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Seems Di Maria was a huge fan of Robbo and happened to bump into him at Carrington,word is the two boyos are gone on the lash in a local village to 'celebrate' him signing!;)

Real Madrid's new kit has a fecking dragon on it, can't wait for Adidas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

LVG wants his wing backs to be super fit, to be able to run the lines for 90 minutes. Rafeal is probably not injured, but the manager doesnt feel he is fit enough yet. The same was said about Shaw in pre-season and was dropped and told to improve his fitness.

It remains to be seen if Rafeal can get his fitness to the required standard.

IMO we should have went all out to get Coleman. Absolutely made for the wing back role. And he has a lovely haircut.

Real Madrid's new kit has a fecking dragon on it, can't wait for Adidas

We should have a dragon and a devil fighting on ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

United's Wikipedia page is optimistic anyway!

30wknzb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

319797.jpg

Wouldn't mind 4-2-2-2 like Brazil of old played and City plays now with Silva and Navas and 2 strikers.

Also playing Diamond wouldn't be a bad idea.

Can someone tell what happened to the Anderson \ fiorentina thing.
    He's like a kling-on stuck to the bowl of the jacks after a night of Guinness

Apparently ManUtd started selling Di Maria #7. From twitter so not sure how true it is.

Bv9xIZPCUAA6_hh.jpg

Edit: FAKE

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    United's Wikipedia page is optimistic anyway!

30wknzb.jpg

Never noticed that the 15 was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can someone tell what happened to the Anderson \ fiorentina thing.
    He's like a kling-on stuck to the bowl of the jacks after a night of Guinness

Went out there, played 3/4 half games, got injured/they realised he was ****e and sent him right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Apparently ManUtd started selling Di Maria #7. From twitter so not sure how true it is.

Bv9xIZPCUAA6_hh.jpg

That doesn't look like the megastore

xtal191 wrote: »
    That doesn't look like the megastore

Edited it but was bit late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

.................DDG...........
    .....Jones...Evans....Rojo...
    ..........Herrera...Carrick.........
    Di Maria.......Mata...........Shaw
    ............Rooney....RVP............

Think we could see this for a while when everyone is fit

This looks great to me. Carrick will be better this season. We can't judge anyone on last year. They all brought each other down.

Media were calling Carrick the most underrated English footballer of all time a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Never noticed that the 15 was available.

Nemanja... *sob* woah-o... Nemanja.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Edited it but was bit late.

Couldn't have been, they've run out of R's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'd go with

De Gea
    Rafael---Evans----Rojo
    Shaw
    Herrera
    Jones

Rooney
    Mata
    Di Maria----
    RVP

if we're shoehorning players in.

But I'll happily leave it up to LVG :)

twam2008 wrote: »
    Couldn't have been, they've run out of R's.

think its just the place thats across in the car park that does them on around matches thats sold out and not the megastore itself. surely it does take that long to get them for united

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

I take it I'm in the minority in thinking that Rafael isn't worth a Manchester United first 11 spot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Would agree on Jones in for Smalling; Jones has been doing well at CB.

I also feel that with the No 5, Rojo should be in somewhere, but it's the problem with 2 center backs when we have 5 available. Honestly, for all people said about getting in more center backs, I reckon we could see one move in the not to distant future on the search for regular first team football.

Dunno, at the rate they get injured, how often would they all be fit at the same time?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement