Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Neville annoys me greatly. He talks more shíte than sense these days.

Ah no I can't agree. If a pundit is annoying you it's mainly because they are giving an opinion they believe in and not trying to be everyones friend like Redknapp.

I don't tend to agree with him on everything but he has great insight into todays game. Unlike the RTE lads who are a disaster. An entertaining disaster though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

billyhead wrote: »
    . TBH I think the Glazers will sell up in a year or 2 and some Oil tycoon, Sheik etc will take over.

The club is a cash cow to them. There's no way they'll sell when the can keep milking hundreds of millions from the club every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Pro. F wrote: »

You pay too much attention to the fact that an argument or criticism might be expressed. The fact that lots of fans might say something bears pretty much zero correlation to whether it is true or not.

I know, today we had you rate his crossing 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

J. Marston wrote: »
    Neville annoys me greatly. He talks more shíte than sense these days.
    Best pundit on the box, by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

why would people lie? its not that hard to check ffs, it takes 2 seconds.

Why would I want to check when you can embed it and I'd be sure it's from who you are claiming it is from?

Great addition to boards. A well needed one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Prefer Carragher myself, Neville lost a bit of credibility for me last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RayCun wrote: »
    Oh come on, Chelsea have pissed plenty of money away since Abramovic bought them
    Scott Parker 10m
    Crespo 16.8
    Mutu 15.8
    Veron 15
    Glen johnson 6
    Tiago and Kezman 8and 5m
    Mikel 16m
    Shevchenko 30m
    Wright-Philips 21m
    Malouda 13.5
    Bosingwa 16
    Torres 50m
    Luiz 26m (just because PSG are bigger fools doesn't mean he was a good buy)
    Meireles 12m
    Moses and Demba ba 9 and 7.5

Chelsea have spent a lot of money on a lot of players, and a lot of them have been awful. (while Unitedhave had years of underinvestment)

yes you can add winston bogarde to that as well....most famous for signing for chelsea not playing and refusing to leave as his wages were too high...

and that 16m deal for mikel all went to united, they made a 12m profit on him and he wasnt even a united player for a day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Must say it was a excellent bit of analysis of the formation and the pitfalls of it aswell as the potential upsides of it. Going to take a fair bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Again, I have credited his work rate multiple times, your either incapable of understanding this simple fact or ignoring it on purpose

Then stop ending posts with "Nani doesn't have the required quality to be at United".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I know, today we had you rate his crossing 7/10

We both already know that we have a fundamental disagreement on how the quality of a cross should be rated. Constantly repeating that you disagree with how I rate his crosses is utterly pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Montroseee wrote: »
    In recent seasons Chelsea have spent very well and their are some very dodgy inclusions on your list there. How on earth can you call Luiz a bad buy? He was actually very good for Chelsea during the CL and EL wins and netted them a huge profit aswell. Despite being shown up this Summer he spell at Chelsea cannot be considered anythign but a success,

bracket Luiz then

Still a lot of money pissed away by Chelsea. Yes, they bought some good players and United bought some bad ones, but they are not a model for 'spending money wisely'. They've improved recently because they bought so many players some of them were bound to be good and they could focus on the gaps, and their net spend is better recently because they accumulated so many players they could offload some of them. Same with City. They turned on a money hose for a few years, got a few good purchases, a lot of overpriced players, and some downright bad. But now they can turn down the pressure on the hose, they have a team to add to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

blueser wrote: »
    Best pundit on the box, by a mile.
    Nah, not for me.

BvV0PshIIAEa1pk.jpg:large

You wouldn't see that sort of crap in the Daily Star.

di maria is def on the market, both United and PSG want him, imo a deal will be done on deadline day (or close to it), neither will make the first move as they dont want to get into a bidding war, PSG cant afford to pay mega money due to FFP and united want to get him at the chepest price possible so will wait until as late as possible...who will flinch first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Genuine question Airbag.

Do you believe Rafael is ****e full back ?

This is the general opinion held by the majority of non United fans in England, by your logic where popular opinion is fact, he wouldn't be fit to wear the Jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Anyone remember Arturo Vidal? what ever happened him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We're preparing to consider a possible interest in him.....

just going to say this about nani.... he is technically brilliant, 2 footed, good crosser of the ball, fast, strong, i think he divides so much opinion because people know how good he can be, but recently he hasnt shown it enough. given a good run in the team and if he stays injury free imo he has the ability to be the best winger in the league again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Should know by Friday.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know what lads, its going to be a controversial opinion but id love to see the team without Rooney. Welbeck or Chico (possibly another player) along side RVP with Mata behind them. Im convinced we would play better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We're preparing to consider a possible interest in him.....

I heard that the bid was already prepared as of last week, but that Juventus had to call in the army to assist them with preparing to receive the bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Could be worse lads we could be losing to burnley!

Well at least that goal put a smile on my face (sitting alongside the brother who is a Chelsea fan) after such a horrible weekend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Shut up, shut up, shut up!!!
    We've still to play them twice!!!

Well you've gone and jinxed it now! :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    You know what lads, its going to be a controversial opinion but id love to see the team without Rooney. Welbeck or Chico (possibly another player) along side RVP with Mata behind them. Im convinced we would play better

I've been beating that drum for so a while :P
    Think we will need a new top level striker next summer with Rooney and RVP ageing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

In time I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

We're preparing a bid.

It turns out the bid is really nervous, he hasn't done anything like this before, so we're getting a special life coach in to get him ready. Hopefully the bid can pull himself together when the moment comes.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Well at least that goal put a smile on my face (sitting alongside the brother who is a Chelsea fan) after such a horrible weekend :)

They will hammer them still I reckon but even still great goal!

There we go ha!

Ha well that was quick... the brother is up and jumping around again the little prick..

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    Genuine question Airbag.

Do you believe Rafael is ****e full back ?

This is the general opinion held by the majority of non United fans in England, by your logic where popular opinion is fact, he wouldn't be fit to wear the Jersey.

I won't even bother answering the question based on whts in bold.

Never have I claimed popular opinion is fact. Your just pigeon holing me based on the fact you disagree, I have broken down quite clearly what I think of Nani I what I though of him Saturday.

Its based purley on what I have seen with my own eyes.

Someimtes popular opinion is formed by repeat veiwings on based on fact, not a video of something a kid said etc.

Ha well that was quick... the brother is up and jumping around again the little prick..

Well then it's the perfect time to mock him for jumping around at the prospect of drawing level with the mighty Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've been beating that drum for so a while :P
    Think we will need a new top level striker next summer with Rooney and RVP ageing anyway.

I think we both have in-fairness my Lord

Rooney scored goals but he's all round game has been woeful for some time I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I think Welbeck or Januzaj, or the like, could be the key to that narrow front three. Imo Rooney, RVP and Chico all represent the less creative, less mobile CF that need a guy beside them to run with the ball when playing this formation.

Fabregas ... :( ... I just wonder the talent we have missed out on...

That's what where missing from fabregas anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Great assist by fabregas, hate we missed out on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

That assist from Cesc already would just make ya sick.

That second Chelsea goal was amazing. Fabregas already showing why he is a bargain.

Ah lads, this isn't the Chelsea match thread. Cut it out.

I think we both have in-fairness my Lord

Rooney scored goals but he's all round game has been woeful for some time I think.

I think he can be utterly toss for 89 minutes and have one of magical if he scores in that minute, great, but if he doesn't, we are in trouble.

Would rather someone who can be a consistent threat all game.

• Advertisement

Oh you're right. The Burnley players also have lovely bottoms.

... its absolutely sickening from our point of view but your right - we shouldn't be upsetting ourselves anyway..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Watching Chelsea move the ball about is absolutely deppressing, guess we can tell the grandkids we remember when united used to be that good!!

Pro. F wrote: »
    We both already know that we have a fundamental disagreement on how the quality of a cross should be rated. Constantly repeating that you disagree with how I rate his crosses is utterly pointless.

Well I've broken down what I think is a good cross and individually rated all of Nanis crossing on Saturday.

You said it was a 50% and marked it 7/10, or 70%. I don't know how you could rate the four crosses in that video a 7/10

If you want to break down your criteria of a good cross and how it relates to what was in the video I'd be happy to hear it.

I think you'll avoid though, in no reality was that a 7/10 crossing preformance

Where doomed we won't finish in the top ten Woodward can't sign anyone our best player is being loaned out to sporting........

Better? Ha :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Lads, feck off!!!! I have sky pauses ten minutes behind!!

Where doomed we won't finish in the top ten Woodward can't sign anyone our best player is being loaned our to sporting........

Better? Ha :-)
    Fellaini's going to Sporting??

Fellaini's going to Sporting??

Him to ahhhh ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So the top 4 as it stands is City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool

Begin as you mean to go on aye

Lads, feck off!!!! I have sky pauses ten minutes behind!!
    How the hell can you pause live sport? ... not a hope I could do it..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement