Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Did anyone see Henriquez play for Zaragoza last year? Was he any use? 5 goals in 15 appearances, not a terrible record.

Don't forget that's in the Spanish second tier. He started well but faded towards the end and barely featured towards the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's nice to see so many suggested lineups of quality.

With players at the club I would go with

De Gea

Rafael- Jones- Evans- Shaw

Carrick

Herrera - Mata

Di Maria - Rooney
    RVP

Full backs give width, Di Maria and Rooney can go wide or support RVP.

Mata can move into 10 or wide left depending on where space is available.

Herrera can hold midfield with Carrick making a third Centre half if both full backs go, can push on himself if only one goes.

In defence Di Maria would cover the rright, Mata the left with Rooney dropping back to midfield if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I can't wait to see LVG enter the press conference this week after sealing Vidal and Blin.

snp2nRi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bangkok wrote: »
    2 years? I think you will find its 2 transfer windows. get the facts right at least

They can't sign players till January 2016 it's 18 months away if you want to be pedantic! It's mid season aswell so finding players who are not cup tied etc won't be easy. In that time what do you think Real and the rest of Europe will be sitting still. They had to go big this window and anyone with a slight interest in football knew it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I would say the Rafael (along with maybe Jones & Smalling) is a player VG will look at for this year and replace next year if he's not up to his standards. There are enough critical areas to make a hard job of replacing this year, without him as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

duffman13 wrote: »
    They can't sign players till January 2016 it's 18 months away if you want to be pedantic! It's mid season aswell so finding players who are not cup tied etc won't be easy. In that time what do you think Real and the rest of Europe will be sitting still. They had to go big this window and anyone with a slight interest in football knew it!

but its still 2 transfer windows.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

We have a lot of players living off past glories. Nani had one good season in 7 and it's still being used as a defence for his inconsistency. Rafael was good that season I'll admit, but he's been very poor since, and he's extremely injury prone so can't be relied on.

You see his progress being interrupted, I think it's stopped completely.

Nani played well for two seasons, which coincided with the only time he was given a regular place in the team. It's a very simple point that is made, but somehow the naysayers always get confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Dat Raf goal vs QPR though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

but its still 2 transfer windows.... ;)

I can accept I made an error in my post! Whoa that wasn't that hard! When are we signing Vidal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Alright this is taking the pi55 now.

Where is the little bugger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

yermandan wrote: »
    Dat Raf goal vs QPR though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

DrPhilG wrote: »

probably going to wait til in and around the match perhaps and release to news to get the fans buzzing perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

duffman13 wrote: »
    I can accept I made an error in my post! Whoa that wasn't that hard! When are we signing Vidal?

Wrong poster tbf to Bangkok

I think you'd need to ask another poster ;)

magnumbud wrote: »
    probably going to wait til in and around the match perhaps and release to news to get the fans buzzing perhaps

Does LVG not need to get down to Milton Keynes too???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

brinty wrote: »

Didn't Bangkok have a mate in turin and he was having an affair with the carrington tea lady or something to that affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

DrPhilG wrote: »

Sky showed him leaving Carrington, I'd say he's heading back to OT to sign papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Sky showed him leaving Carrington, I'd say he's heading back to OT to sign papers?

heading to Old Trafford to take pictures i would imagine.

i would expect the announcement around 6-7.

heading to Old Trafford to take pictures i would imagine.

i would expect the announcement around 6-7.

Does this make Homer something something....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Pro. F wrote: »
    Nani played well for two seasons, which coincided with the only time he was given a regular place in the team. It's a very simple point that is made, but somehow the naysayers always get confused.

So he's been at United 7 years, what happened the other five, he wasn't injured for all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Does LVG not need to get down to Milton Keynes too???

do the pictures and videos have to be live??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Was actually me that made the original error, still be a year and a half till they can sign players, thus the reason a team like Barca spent that much. Which the OG poster wasn't aware of when he was posting, winky smilie at the ready!

magnumbud wrote: »
    do the pictures and videos have to be live??? :rolleyes:

Fly him down there in a chopper
    Its LvG for heavens sake ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We're waiting until after the MK Dons game to announce so uplift our spirits after we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just looked at Rafael's stats 158 appearances and 33 yellows averaging a yellow every 4.7 games. Is this bad for an attacking fullback.

Was actually me that made the original error, still be a year and a half till they can sign players, thus the reason a team like Barca spent that much. Which the OG poster wasn't aware of when he was posting, winky smilie at the ready!

they can still sign players up until this transfer window is closed... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

If we keep our first 11 fit, we had one of the best teams in the league as long as carrick is on form.

Di Maria could be like Ronaldo, he could be unreal and score/assist 40 goals that will win us those extra 20 points to catc the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Does this make Homer something something....

Go... crazy?

Hoping to see tonight.

Amos

Keane----Evans
    Blackett

Rafael
    Brown

Pearson
    Anderson

Powell

Wilson
    Wellbeck

If we keep our first 11 fit, we had one of the best teams in the league as long as carrick is on form.

Di Maria could be like Ronaldo, he could be unreal and score/assist 40 goals that will win us those extra 20 points to catc the top.

Di Maria just like Mata, Rooney and RVP will struggle unless a world class midfielder can come in and provide them service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Arturo-Vidal.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Please, please no Nani talk. Not on this, the day of Di Maria's signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »

good point, pity Ferguson and LVG don't agree with you, but hey what do they know about this weird and wacky game we call football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Me all day...

giphy.gif

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Di Maria just like Mata, Rooney and RVP will struggle unless a world class midfielder can come in and provide them service.

Ya, really depends on midfield. IF we get vidal, perfect. If not, and carrick and herrara are on form, we will do very well.
    If Carrick can play like he did 2 years ago, it will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

So he's been at United 7 years, what happened the other five, he wasn't injured for all of them.

As he already said in his post, he pointed out those 2 years that Nani was really good because they were the only 2 years he was consistently played.

But to answer your question:
    Year 1, I thought he had a fantastic impact for a new player and such a young lad, I remember his very first goal being a late screamer to win the points against Spurs, scored a good few more important goals that year including goals in wins v Pool and Arsenal, and a penalty in CL final.
    Years 2 and 3 he was a pretty inconsistent (probably only 21 max at the time?) but had moments of brilliance, he was fantastic in that first half against Bayern in the CL quarter final.
    Year 4 he was our player of the year and year 5 I thought he was excellent when played too.

Years 6 and 7 were hampered by injuries as well as wrongly being selected behind Valencia I believe. Never got a consistent run in that time and so was never able to establish form, and the short mindedness of so many fans means that is what he is remember for.

A very harshly criticised player in my view!!

• Advertisement

I cant warm to Vidal like I can to herrera, I think his hairstyle/beard for a 26 year old is so bad. it makes him a little bit unlikable.

/fickle

LOLZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads Nanis gone. Let's let him alone awhile! We finally have someone worthy of the#7 shirt! Been waiting for this along time! Hopefully Blind and Vidal/ DeJong come in too Beef us CM aswell

LOLZ

carrick is a great player, it really shows when he is not in the team how much of a miss he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I cant warm to Vidal like I can to herrera, I think his hairstyle/beard for a 26 year old is so bad. it makes him a little bit unlikable.

/fickle

He reminds me a little of Tuco from Breaking Bad. He looks like a tough mother ****er.

BB5.jpg

Tuco-Goes-Tight-Tight-Tight-On-Breaking-Bad.gif

• Advertisement

As he already said in his post, he pointed out those 2 years that Nani was really good because they were the only 2 years he was consistently played.

But to answer your question:
    Year 1, I thought he had a fantastic impact for a new player and such a young lad, I remember his very first goal being a late screamer to win the points against Spurs, scored a good few more important goals that year including goals in wins v Pool and Arsenal, and a penalty in CL final.
    Years 2 and 3 he was a pretty inconsistent (probably only 21 max at the time?) but had moments of brilliance, he was fantastic in that first half against Bayern in the CL quarter final.
    Year 4 he was our player of the year and year 5 I thought he was excellent when played too.

Years 6 and 7 were hampered by injuries as well as wrongly being selected behind Valencia I believe. Never got a consistent run in that time and so was never able to establish form, and the short mindedness of so many fans means that is what he is remember for.

A very harshly criticised player in my view!!

We'll have to agree to disagree, he'll always be that gifted player technically spoiled by terrible, terrible decision making

LOLZ

I know right, one of our best players 2 years ago. and me wanting him to be on form. My sides are killing me.

I am literally rofling all over the floor, any floor will do me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

/fickle

Thats a terrible excuse not to sign a great player who could make uniteds season come together. Btw i like it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

We'll have to agree to disagree, he'll always be that gifted player technically spoiled by terrible, terrible decision making
    AND BAD WORK ETHIC........

carrick is a great player, it really shows when he is not in the team how much of a miss he is

He's not a great player, he's the best of a very bad bunch. He's been the one mainstay in our midfield the last five years, five years where our midfield has been infamously ****.

LOLZ

Carrick's performances two seasons ago was one of the main reasons we won the league. He was poor last season and the team struggled. He has missed the first two games this season and we have struggled.

case885 wrote: »
    Thats a terrible excuse not to sign a great player who could make uniteds season come together. Btw i like it :pac:

I'm not saying I dont want him here, I would love him here. Its his beard and hair that wont make me love him like Mata or RVP. He looks like an undesirable you see in D'Icon in Limerick trying too hard to be the man.

Yes, im judging a book based on its cover. Sue me

He's not a great player, he's the best of a very bad bunch. He's been the one mainstay in our midfield the last five years, five years where our midfield has been infamously ****.

Have we won much in the last 5 years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel the same way about Carrick as I did about Rio and Evra and Giggs.

He was a hugely important player a few years back. But sentimentality isn't enough to earn you a place in the team anymore, and he needs replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

good point, pity Ferguson and LVG don't agree with you, but hey what do they know about this weird and wacky game we call football.

Ya Ferguson clearly had no time for Nani, its not like in his final season he started him in our biggest match of the season against Madrid in the champions league, or followed that up by showing faith in him after he was harshly sent off in that game by starting him against Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter final in our very next match, and he certainly didn't describe him as "without doubt one of the best match-winners in the whole of Europe" only 3 months before he retired.

Ya, Fergie had no time at all for Nani, that's what he sold him so soon after signing him.

EDIT: I'm just as bad for getting involved, but as someone said earlier, how has another Nani debate started. This is supposed to be a joyous occasion today with multiple yellow cards for inappropriate gif postings!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement