Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

jameshayes wrote: »
    Is it normal to make an announcement just before a game? (albeit a relatively minor game)

I reckon it will be tomorrow morning at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Maybe they might announce at 6pm? That or just before the stock exchange closes I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Presume we will see Wilson in the team tonight? Hope so.
    Kagawa,Raf,wellbeck,hernadez to feature aswell id say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From doom and gloom, I can't wait for tonight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

In all our Di Maria happiness it seems Benita has been signed by Bayern Munich. Quality signing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

MagicIRL wrote: »
    In all our Di Maria happiness it seems Benita has been signed by Bayern Munich. Quality signing.

He'll miss a month in mid season, so that'd not be good
    give us a run at Hummels now if Dortmund are willing to do a deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Gutted about that to be honest - would have been a great upgrade for our backline - a position we need to fill, which I do not think we will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Assuming we are switching to 4-3-3 or a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, I really don't think we need another centre back. We have 5 to rotate in 2 positions, I'm confident they'll step up when given the chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

SSN just showed Van Der Sar leaving carrington. VDS is on the board of directors of Ajax so it looks like Blind is a goer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

According to SSN they were told 2 hours ago that it would be announced in 2 hours time, there was a small hold up over image rights but sorted now, so we could be seeing the announcement within the hour.

AND... Edwin VDS has been spotted at Carrington. He has a staff role at Ajax these days, Daley Blind obviously plays for Ajax, so it is a curious sighting.

EDIT: zarquon beat me to it!

Everton also about to sign Etoo, reportedly ending interest in Welbeck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Will we have to wait until 6.30 for Di Maria confirmation? Or anyone able to guess when it will be announced? I imagine we should know before coverage starts for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I think its safe to say there will be no more signings and this will be LVG's first choice team when everyone is fit. I'm quite happy with that apart from Carrick but wouldn't mind waiting until January if it means when can get Strootman when he is fit.

Rooney----RVP

Mata
    Shaw-Carrick-Herrera-Di Maria
    ----Rojo---Jones---Smalling---
    De Gea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Will we have to wait until 6.30 for Di Maria confirmation? Or anyone able to guess when it will be announced? I imagine we should know before coverage starts for the match.

after the game maybe or tomorrow at this stage

its also worth noting that Dimaria doesnt have to be announced to the Stock exchange or asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

zarquon wrote: »
    SSN just showed Van Der Sar leaving carrington. VDS is on the board of directors of Ajax so it looks like Blind is a goer :)

since hes the marketing director maybe hes over looking for tips off ed:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Sky running a footballs greatest about United at 7 on SS1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If we managed to land Vidal then brilliant but to be honest if we only signed Daley Blind and that was it(until strootman at Xmas :)) I'd be pleased with our transfer business.

Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria and Blind would have to be considered a fairly exceptional transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

sLT18.gif

This can sum up the thread, started off good with Di Maria.

Then a nani and Carrick debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think its safe to say there will be no more signings and this will be LVG's first choice team when everyone is fit. I'm quite happy with that apart from Carrick but wouldn't mind waiting until January if it means when can get Strootman when he is fit.

Rooney----RVP

Mata
    De Gea

I reckon their will be at least one more, possibly Blind but like everyone else if we got Vidal it would be a magnificent transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Quandary wrote: »
    If we managed to land Vidal then brilliant but to be honest if we only signed Daley Blind and that was it(until strootman at Xmas :)) I'd be pleased with our transfer business.

Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria and Blind would have to be considered a fairly exceptional transfer window.

Certainly exceptional, but perhaps not in the best sense of the word. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but it is certainly indicative of relatively poor squad management.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Rooney----RVP

Mata
    De Gea

Di Maria at wing back? What an epic waste that would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

keith16 wrote: »
    Certainly exceptional, but perhaps not in the best sense of the word. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but it is certainly indicative of relatively poor squad management.

I see what you're saying alright but I think those 5 signings would make serious moves towards balancing our squad. We'd have no shortage of left footed players anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Im not sure about Blind and Rojo tbh, I dont think we willo stick to 343 for long and I think Rojo can only play as a CB if we play 3 at the back so hes going to be shaws back up, Blind isnt a CB either but with LB well stocked up with Rojo and shaw I cant see him playing there,so he will probably play in CM but if we ge Vidal thats hime down the pecking order there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Next season our starting 11 will be this

New RB---New CB----Jones
    Shaw

Strootman-Vidal

Herrera

Cuadrodo--Rooney or RVP
    Di-Maria

Rafael Mata and either RVP or Rooney will be sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Carrick ain't no Pirlo.

I would judge players on their performances. Carrick was rubbish last year - a lot of that can be blamed on those around him, but at the same time, you expect the senior man in central midfield to step up and try to inspire those around him.

Listen, we can debate his worth forever. We have different views and that's cool with me.

I don't think our views are different, Carrick was injured and in and out of a team performing horribly.

RVP was just as poor last season performance wise but he scored a few goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Next season our starting 11 will be this

New RB---New CB----Jones
    Shaw

Strootman-Vidal

Herrera

Cuadrodo--Rooney or RVP
    Di-Maria

Rafael Mata and either RVP or Rooney will be sold

You think we're gonna shell out another 200 million on 5 players after the spending we put out this summer? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Im not sure about Blind and Rojo tbh, I dont think we willo stick to 343 for long and I think Rojo can only play as a CB if we play 3 at the back so hes going to be shaws back up, Blind isnt a CB either but with LB well stocked up with Rojo and shaw I cant see him playing there,so he will probably play in CM but if we ge Vidal thats hime down the pecking order there too

didn't Rojo play as a normal CB for Benfica for his time there, or did they play 3 at the back? didn't think they did.

IMO Blind will be primarily signed as a CM, but backup to Herrera, hopefully Vidal and maybe Carrick - ahead of Anderson, Fletcher, Cleverley and Fellaini, 3 of which United want shot of seemingly (according to latest rumours).

Cleverley and Fletcher have both been poor in both games and LVG doesn't seem to be a fan of Fellaini and the club want shot of Anderson almost anyway they can - so a rotational/backup central midfielder that LVG actually trusts is surely to be considered a good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't know what it is about that rollercoaster gif that's making me laugh.

I'm putting it down to a case of the Di Marias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I think a 4-3-3 setup something like this could work well. Obviously replace Carrick with a new defensive midfielder.

Could be called a 4-1-2-1-2 but whatever.

319840.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

BloodBath wrote: »
    I think a 4-3-3 setup something like this could work well. Obviously replace Carrick with a new defensive midfielder.

319840.png

Got a good giggle off shaws haircut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Benatia to Bayern seemingly done, I doubt we were ever in for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah the state of it. It doesn't even look like him. He looks about 35 in the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

My refresh button will be broke at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

So whose gonna be the guy to dismiss someone from their FIFA rating there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

BloodBath wrote: »

Could be called a 4-1-2-1-2 but whatever.

4-3-1-2 would be the best description of that formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Roll on tonight..

My prediction is 0-6..

Feeling the love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Back to 4 at the back why the kooks of things.

KevIRL wrote: »
    United XI: De Gea, M Keane, Evans, Vermijl, James, Powell, Janko, Anderson, Hernandez, Kagawa, Welbeck

Subs: Amos, McNair, Thorpe, A Pereira, Januzaj, Zaha, Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Very very happy with that side, Wilson to get a run out in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

magnumbud wrote: »
    Sky running a footballs greatest about United at 7 on SS1

SOB it says united on the search bar but its about chelsea......they arent great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Carruthers starts for Mk Dons, irish under age international, good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

I trust Van Gaal knows what he's doing but I haven't a clue what he's going to do with all those attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hococop wrote: »
    Got a good giggle off shaws haircut

Me too, thought it was Jay from the Inbetweeners for a second :)

Have to say, looking at that line up, with their sparkling profiles listed, looks pretty decent to me, with maybe the addition of Evans rather than Jones and Adnan to come on at some point, I'm exited at the prospect of seeing that 11 walk out at OT.
    Blind isnt a CB either but with LB well stocked up with Rojo and shaw I cant see him playing there,so he will probably play in CM but if we ge Vidal thats him down the pecking order there too

I love the way you have one yet to be signed player kept out of the team by another yet to be signed player :D
    Would be a great headache to give LVG though for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

The Hawker 800 is in the air, currently around 18000 feet and on its way back to Madrid with Angel di Maria on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Do Maria deal done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bv-8S8vCcAAWAVe.jpg

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1m
    BREAKING: Angel Di Maria has completed his move to #mufc for a British record fee of £59.7m. #WelcomeDiMaria

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yay.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement