Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Trilla wrote: »
    Netflix app on the xbox not working for anyone?

Netflix!??? can he play cb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

Id say welbeck had around 98% of his touches with his back to goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Hopefully Juventus aren't watching and will still take Hernandez off of us. Shocking stuff, a new low really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

titan18 wrote: »
    The club is fcuked. Why would any player want to sign for us after seeing that

I'm not sure the superstars of the world care much for how good the reserve team is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

And the rest.

True we need at least another 4 quality signings and **** out the deadwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

On the bright side, Di Maria is going to wreck the Championship next season.
    Don't even joke FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Where are the green shoots?

Where is the "Van Gaal factor"?

Why is he just sitting there like Buddha and not up giving out yards to the players?

It's very strange, been like that since the start of the season. You'd think a verbal kick up the arse to the players wouldn't hurt, but the coaches just sit there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

irishfeen wrote: »
    Great to see Ed in the crowd (and looking very uncomfortable too) - if there was any doubt at all in his mind that we need to spend more this could very well help the cause in that department.

Yeah because Andersons wages are probably the same as the value of their team.
    Spending will surely solve our problems....!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Anderson should be released.

The guy's a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

This thread will be finished by the end of the week and not for good reasons. Pathetic performances all round! I felt disappointed after some performances but this has been shameful, absolutely no urgency!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jebus84 wrote: »
    Netflix!??? can he play cb?

No, but you could slap an xbox out there, just lob one in the box somewhere and leave it, and it would do a better job than any defenders tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Well. What can I say? Wilson, Pierrera and Powell looked good.

Anderson and Hernandez... wow. I can't believe two senior team players could be so bad. Evans had a shocker as well. Really poor stuff. An awful lot of passengers in this squad.

Such stupidity if you are honestly saying Powell looked good, was woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

LVG wishing he hadnt taken the job...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm not sure the superstars of the world care much for how good the reserve team is...

Evans is supposedly your best defender, Welbeck and Hernandez are first team players, januzaj is supposedly one of Europes best talents, etc.

It looks bad for the club. There is no getting around this. It's also very bad for morale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

This one is going to sting for a while like the Leeds game.

I wonder were Bayern and Barcelona fans feeling the same as we are in those first few months? Disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

MK Dons fans showing their love for The Glazers, bastards.

Anderson, Welbeck and Hernandez should be now shown the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tGod lads your getting worked up over a poor performance by the team. Must of these players will be gone soon. LVG just needed to give the lads a chance and see could they prove they belong at utd.

Relax and chill lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Montroseee wrote: »
    Such stupidity if you are honestly saying Powell looked good, was woeful.

Have to agree here. No one in this game comes out with any credit in my opinion.

I'm gonna have to pop over to personal issues and start a thread at this rate. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Headshot wrote: »
    tGod lads your getting worked up over a poor performance by the team. Must of these players will be gone soon. LVG just needed to give the lads a chance and see could they prove they belong at utd.

Relax and chill lads

Hernandez and Anderson are gone without question. Welbeck looked decent but lacked that final ball in to him. Evans... well.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Evans is supposedly your best defender, Welbeck and Hernandez are first team players, januzaj is supposedly one of Europes best talents, etc.

It looks bad for the club. There is no getting around this. It's also very bad for morale.

Evans is the only outfield player there that will be a guaranteed starter.

I don't know how I'm going to sleep tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Relax and chill lads

Jesus signing Di Maria was like pumping you full of Valium!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Relax and chill lads

MK Dons 4-0 Man United. Yeah, I'm not going to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I hope there's another £200m in the kitty lads, we're gonna need it!!

Relax and chill lads

Poor performance is an understatement and wouldnt be that bad if this was just a blip...worryingly it shows that this form is consistent throughout the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

On the bright side.... 39points and we're safe, atainable IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Relax and chill lads

most of this team should have been out the door 2 years ago.
    bet they all hang around for the season also.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Well that's pathetic
    And this was supposed to be the start of turning things round
    Good bye
    Hernandez
    Anderson
    Kagawa
    Powell
    Welbeck

Johnny Evans my arse...not united caliber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Course, that wasn't the reserve team out there, and it'll mean Woodward will probably go out and spend stupid money on more players without giving a fcuk about how they actually fit into the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

there can only be positives from these results. on yer bike lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We're waiting until after the MK Dons game to announce so uplift our spirits after we lose.

Should have listened to me Woodward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

portcrap wrote: »
    Poor performance is an understatement and wouldnt be that bad if this was just a blip...worryingly it shows that this form is consistent throughout the squad

It's not really. A lot of that team played last Friday and were very good.

We should have started Pearson instead of Anderson tonight. Would have got ten times the effort and quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

A centre half is needed. Evans is not up to it, I never really rated him. Rubbish tonight against league 1 opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

utter shambles from the minute the team was picked.

Van Gaal shud hang his head in shame, he is posing for pics with di maria instead of picking a proper team. How on earth can you put that team out in a match ill never know.

titan18 wrote: »
    Course, that wasn't the reserve team out there, and it'll mean Woodward will probably go out and spend stupid money on more players without giving a fcuk about how they actually fit into the side.

Bar Evans and De Gea it was youths and substitutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

I used to really look forward to united playing in the big games against the top four teams , now I wish they were as far away as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Even less games this season now, so less players needed, a few can be safely cut loose.

Pereira looked to have a bit and Wilson too again...

Defending was shocking, only excuse you can make is young players coming in aren't used to the new system

• Advertisement

didnt know noddy holder was the chairman of MK Dons :eek:

... can we just not talk about that s.hite? - this place was so happy about 3 hours ago :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Half of those lads should have their contracts torn up and I'm not even joking.

van Gaal told each player his fate after the US tour but said it wasn't only his choice as the player had to decide what they wanted to. Why show respect to players who have no respect for the club? Just get fúcking rid of them and they're poisonous attitudes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Van Gaal shud hang his head in shame, he is posing for pics with di maria instead of picking a proper team..

Ah ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't overreact lads.
    We've had plenty of days like that at Arsenal and so has every other team.
    It's a wake-up call for the club.
    LVG has a lot of problems though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Anderson, give me a bleedin break. i thought we got rid of him last year !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Evans was one of the best CB's in the league two or three seasons ago, have injuries really set him back that much?

Didn't see the game tonight, but was it a clear case of players not being good enough, or is persisting with the 3-5-2, with players who have never played in it, half the problem?

Losing to lower league teams happens all the time, but 4 nil? That's a bit too steep to just brush it off, I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Nick Powell was absolutely dreadful, anyone who says otherwise wasn't watching the same game. Evans was terrible and Michael Keane doesn't look League 1 quality nevermind premiership quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

#352out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Brutal start. This 3 at the back crack needs revisiting. Players all over the shop. MK Dons were much stronger on the ball tonight. We on the other hand looked weak on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement