Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Soldie wrote: »
    Half of those lads should have their contracts torn up and I'm not even joking.

van Gaal told each player his fate after the US tour but said it wasn't only his choice as the player had to decide what they wanted to. Why show respect to players who have no respect for the club? Just get fúcking rid of them and they're poisonous attitudes.

Who is going to take Anderson and the likes ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some descisons for Van Gaal to make now.

My suggestions

Promote Wilson and Perreira

Pick a position for Januzai. Apologise to De Gea for playing him and also not making him captain

Fine Evans

Sell Hernandez

Release Anderson

Give Welbeck and Kagawa more game time

Loan out the rest, they won't play now this season.

Move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Headshot wrote: »
    tGod lads your getting worked up over a poor performance by the team. Must of these players will be gone soon. LVG just needed to give the lads a chance and see could they prove they belong at utd.

Relax and chill lads

tbf it was a match we should have won, it took over an hour to get a shot on target with chico and welbeck playing.

We should have been able to go further

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Normally I try to always look at the positive side of things. Not get too down after defeats and go in level headed. After this defeat though I think I'm getting off the positivity couch. I don't know when I will be back, hopefully soon, but for now I will have to wait.

That had to be the worst defeat in our club's recent history. Even after Southend a few years back I wasn't this bad. To lose 4-0 to MK Dons right after completing the British transfer record signing is absolutely terrible. All the joy and confidence I gained from Di Maria signing has all gone in just 90 minutes of football.

With Burnley, QPR and Leicester to come wins are desperately needed. I don't know if it's confidence issues, tactics or just poor performances but something has to happen.

This has to be one of the lowest points as my time as a fan and I imagine it is for most. If we don't win on Saturday I don't know what to think.

Absolutely gutted...not even Kate Upton could cheer me up now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bar Evans and De Gea it was youths and substitutes.

Welbeck is pretty much 3rd striker/rotational player. Hernandez started this season already. Januzaj was probably one of our best performers last season.

Not really reserve players tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

I didn't see it but why was Shinji taken off? Injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

brinty wrote: »
    Well that's pathetic
    And this was supposed to be the start of turning things round
    Good bye
    Hernandez
    Anderson
    Kagawa
    Powell
    Welbeck

Johnny Evans my arse...not united caliber
    We looked comfortable until Kagawa went off, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Well that's 3 competitive games behind us and barely a single chance created in any of them.

Extremely worrying IMO.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

What exactly is Van Gaal doing?

We're 5 points behind City and they've already played Liverpool while we've had two "easy" games.

That was insipid.

What's he adding to the party?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Goodnight lads, between the lads that are in to stroke their flutes and the lads in tears this thread is on it's way to unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

4 shots on target for utd. Shocking.

I think tonight will prove to the hierarchy in the club that further investment is needed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Who is going to take Anderson and the likes ??

Like I said, "half of those lads should have their contracts torn up". I'm genuinely not joking. If we can't even offload the likes of Anderson for a nominal fee (< €1m) then just take the hit and free transfer him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

OdgeXD wrote: »

Suspected concussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

concussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Well all you can do is laugh, but seriously some of our more senior lads in the lineup today are extremely poor and stealing a wage at the club.

3-5-2 isn't working at the moment and our players look uncomfortable with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Burnley will be chomping at the bit after this result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

JRant wrote: »
    Well that's 3 competitive games behind us and barely a single chance created in any of them.

Extremely worrying IMO.

This..

the lack of chances is disturbing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I felt this on Sunday too - did someone put me in a time machine and send me back to last year? I'm guilty because I watched the Man City vs Liverpool game last night to see some lovely football being played for once - never thought I'd say that!

Interesting what VG will say after that, what can he say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Goodnight lads, between the lads that are in to stroke their flutes and the lads in tears this thread is on it's way to unbearable.

What do you expect sunshine and lollipops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What exactly is Van Gaal doing?

We're 5 points behind City and they've already played Liverpool while we've had two "easy" games.

That was insipid.

What's he adding to the party?

Are you aware the league cup dosent count towards the league? Surely now he is concentrating on the league? That team wont be near the PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ah ffs.

Erra get lost with your constant one line cheap shots at posters on here. That team selection wad a complete shambles, he sat on his bench and didnt move for 90 mins and the team was all over the place.

No united team should lose 4-0 to MK Dons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Valmont wrote: »
    I felt this on Sunday too - did someone put me in a time machine and send me back to last year? I'm guilty because I watched the Man City vs Liverpool game last night to see some lovely football being played for once - never thought I'd say that!

Gotta agree. It has become a chore to watch united for some time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Fingers in ears syndrome again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Given the team that started I'm not that surprised or worried. It will quickly be forgotten about.

Again?

Erra get lost with your constant one line cheap shots at posters on here. That team selection wad a complete shambles, he sat on his bench and didnt move for 90 mins and the team was all over the place.

No united team should lose 4-0 to MK Dons.

What do you expect ? They are not good enough !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not bothered by going out of the cup, the lack of urgency and hunger from the team bothered me.

The way they were not able to stand up to the test is unfortunate, allowed the Dons to get on top of them, get physical and bully them.

The system is killing the team right now imo, they are just not adapting to it and it does not suit the players available. I get it, I get that you have to persevere with something, that it doesn't just come overnight, but this is looking ominous. The performances are not improving, the defensive shape is still awful and showing no signs of improvement.

A win at the weekend is vital to snap this streak, get through the international break, get players fit and have a re think maybe about the tactics, couple of positives, Pereira looked bright enough when he was on, thats about it actually. Powell was a disgrace, but won't get the ire the ever popular Anderson will (he was dirt too)

The senior guys, particularly Evans should be ashamed of themselves. All the goals were as a result of **** defending, The first three were joke shop stuff.

Draw a line under it and move forward

He has a point, the sudden influx of non-utd in the thread all of a sudden is bit obvious.

No rules against it. Just saying.

• Advertisement

Concussion, blurred vision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So di maria yea there was no match tonight :(

Well to be honest after that result it's understandable that the thread won't be optimistic.

Not so long ago the gifs were flowing for Di Maria, mad how quickly things can change in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

kryogen wrote: »
    Pereira has been alright since he came on you know, free kick aside.

Tidy player. Can't defend but then again hes a no10 who in our desperation was put in CM for the last bit of the match.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Well. What can I say? Wilson, Pierrera and Powell looked good.

Anderson and Hernandez... wow. I can't believe two senior team players could be so bad. Evans had a shocker as well. Really poor stuff. An awful lot of passengers in this squad.

Powell was beyond shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Think tonight proved it that I don't have a clue what people see in Powell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

What do you expect ? They are not good enough !
    So why pick that team? It was not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Whatever about the result, it's clear that Di Maria is not the panacea for United's problems. A huge, huge, huge week left in the transfer window for the club now, because United cannot afford risking another season like the last one.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He has a point, the sudden influx of non-utd in the thread all of a sudden is bit obvious.

No rules against it. Just saying.

I won't even comment on the match and dont want to be associated with the posters who come in here for lols. But to just run away from the thread because of a defeat is slightly embarrassing, will it be all sunshine and rainbows tomorrow morning because Di Maria signed and this result will be forgotten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

edgecutter wrote: »
    Well all you can do is laugh, but seriously some of our more senior lads in the lineup today are extremely poor and stealing a wage at the club.

3-5-2 isn't working at the moment and our players look uncomfortable with it.

He went with 3-5-2 because the of the players at his disposal. I think with a lack of quality wingers, full backs and midfielders concentrating on not conceding has taken priority over not scoring. Problem is our defensive game is horrendous at the moment. Vidic was a big character to lose, with his experience this system might have worked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Out of curiosity, what team would you have out out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The lads haven't a clue how to play 3 at the back.

When do you play the squad/youth players?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Some music will cheer us all up.

I won't even comment on the match and dont want to be associated with the posters who come in here for lols. But to just run away from the thread because of a defeat is slightly embarrassing, will it be all sunshine and rainbows tomorrow morning because Di Maria signed and this result will be forgotten?

How is it embarrassing. Am I obliged to read pages and pages of crying, moaning and bitching to please you?
    Get a grip.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what team would you have out out?

Its spoilt child syndrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kryogen wrote: »
    Draw a line under it and move forward

If only it was that simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

How is it embarrassing. Am I obliged to read pages and pages of crying, moaning and bitching to please you?
    Get a grip.

So you're only interested in United when things are going well?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'm usually on the pessimistic side of the fence before most people, and don't get me wrong, tonight was bad, very embarrassing and limp and a whole host of other negative adjectives but I think Jonny Evans screw up at the back completely destroyed the team confidence before we could get going.

When the game started, I honestly thought we looked decent. I thought Powell was confident in midfield and Kagawa was playing well.

When the younger lads saw the most senior player on the pitch make such a terrible mistake they were flattened. Kagawa going off injured didn't help composure either.

Chico is a player who has had his confidence destroyed over the past 2 years. He is a broken player at Utd.
    Welbeck could possibly be on his way out of the club so I can't imagine his head was in the right place
    Evans just back from a layoff and makes a silly but unforgivable mistake and goes downhill from there.
    Ando is just a passenger in the club at this stage. Final nail in his coffin tonight I would think

All the rest of the players on that pitch were 20 or younger and their lack of experience showed in spades.

It was a horrendous result and performance in every way but it could have been worse - just imagine if we had actually fielded our best 11 and lost like that.

I think most would agree it's not about just being knocked out, it's the manner of which we were.

Absolutely ruins the confidence of most fans and players. Say what ya want about some of the young lads starting, there was enough big players there that we should have won.

MK Dons absolutely outplayed us and showed more heart. Hopefully things turn around on Saturday but I'm not as confident as I was three hours ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement