Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

DM-ICE wrote: »

Fine Evans

That is possibly the stupidest thing that could be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Reedsie wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/EdDzeko/statuses/504369406382964737

They'll do some laughing if we're as disjointed when we meet them.
    The bollocks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So you're only interested in United when things are going well?

No, I've enough of you already, I'm definitely off now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

So why pick that team? It was not good enough.

My ultimate conspiracy theory is that it was picked to prove a point to the hierarchy. The squad is not good enough and needs more investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,198 ✭✭✭✭JRant

portcrap wrote: »
    This..

the lack of chances is disturbing

For all the talk of the defensive system not working, and it clearly isn't, the lack of chances and ability to sustain pressure for more than 3 passes is dreadful.

Tonight was a complete breakdown in the system and the players.

They're unsure of what to do when they have the ball and when they don't.

Omnishambles.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Its already been said but Powell was rank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rafael, Shaw, Jones, Rojo, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Smalling, Carrick, Young, Van Persie, Herrera, Cleverley (Shut Up), Fletcher, Valencia, Fellaini, Blackett did not play tonight so lets not go mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

That is the turning point!:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

No, I've enough of you already, I'm definitely off now...

Have a good night, talk to you tomorrow about how rosy the garden is because Di Maria signed.

I won't even comment on the match and dont want to be associated with the posters who come in here for lols. But to just run away from the thread because of a defeat is slightly embarrassing, will it be all sunshine and rainbows tomorrow morning because Di Maria signed and this result will be forgotten?

Not wanting to read pages and pages of morons posting inflammatory shíte isn't embarrassing, its sensible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would have played either Rooney or Mata rather than Chico, would have rested RVP as he looked rusty on Sunday, hindsight is a bitch.

I won't even comment on the match and dont want to be associated with the posters who come in here for lols. But to just run away from the thread because of a defeat is slightly embarrassing, will it be all sunshine and rainbows tomorrow morning because Di Maria signed and this result will be forgotten?
    It will actually. I for one am still in a great mood in regards to the signing and nothing was going to change that.

In relation to the match this is till the UTD second team. I have given my credit to MK Dons in the match thread but I actually think it's going to add even more strain on the board to keep buying which could in effect be a bad thing for the opposition in the League if we do sign more top class signings.

The League was always our focus and getting knocked out early gives us even more time to prepare for matches. If we can promote Wilson and Perara that's a plus because they were the only positives tonight.

It also red flags the need to get rid of the kling-ons that are just leaking wages and eating hotdogs at the training ground.

LVG now on ss1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

What exactly is Van Gaal doing?

We're 5 points behind City and they've already played Liverpool while we've had two "easy" games.

That was insipid.

What's he adding to the party?

I have a m8 who works for JP Morgan who says he will turn it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

My ultimate conspiracy theory is that it was picked to prove a point to the hierarchy. The squad is not good enough and needs more investment.

**** it. Let's run with that one.

It was one of his infamous losses. Seems like something he would do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

The price of any UTD targets just cranked up another couple of million each.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have a good night, talk to you tomorrow about how rosy the garden is because Di Maria signed.

if you want to talk about United, you are more than welcome to do so, but drop this discussion of what you think of users and their personal decisions.

Last time I am issuing a warning like this to you. Next time, it's a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

"in the second half we created a lot of chances but we didn't have the luck to score" - Van Gaal. wtf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can some one please provide me with a brief synopsis as to what LVG says please. Not near the TV at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Van gaal on sky now.

The charisma he oozed during world cup has deserted him in last 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

That is possibly the stupidest thing that could be done.

Go on outta that you, like I really think he should be fined and Anderson sacked. Hyperbole to illustrate my disappointment with his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

desperate times!

if we do sign anyone now we will have to pay 50% above their valuation just to get them in the door.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

van Gaal sounding a touch hoarse. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

For a guy who a lot of people claim to be a future great, Januzaj sure seems to be avoiding criticism tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can some one please provide me with a brief synopsis as to what LVG says please. Not near the TV at the minute.

Same hopefully he rips them apart tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I have no obligation to explain it as you explained none of your points.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just gutted. It's going to take something special to get the confidence in our club back, fingers crossed it happens soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Van Gaal running out of excuses in that interview.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

We were unlucky.
    Too many errors.
    Said he told the squad this happens and we have injuries and they are young

We are building a team and this dosent take a month.
    Philosophy takes time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bit disheartening only chance of silverware this year is the fa cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

He's talking about how the created good chances. I only had half an eye on the game but I wouldn't agree with him

He thinks the changes were good but risky.
    Young team and 9 injuries yada yada.
    Fans have to believe in the philosophy, very disappointing but asks to maintain their confidence.
    Di Maria is creative, can play wing and midfield, but dont expect tomorrow that everything will have changed, di maria needs time to adapt.
    wont answer if more transfers

Maybe one or more transfers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

For a guy who a lot of people claim to be a future great, Januzaj sure seems to be avoiding criticism tonight.

Let's be honest, nobody had any chance of coming out of that smelling of roses. Januzaj gets a pass from me on this one, as does Welbeck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He said that United were unlucky that every mistake led to a goal.
    He was happy that United created a lot of chances. :confused:
    He doesn't regret making changes for the game. He feels he needs to test the players.
    He is hopeful that fans around the world will be patient and buy into his philosophy.

Basically sums it up.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Go on outta that you, like I really think he should be fined and Anderson sacked. Hyperbole to illustrate my disappointment with his performance.

None of the other things you listed were hyperbolic and releasing/selling Anderson is a good call to me.

Hence why it looks extremely unlikely it was hyperbole, just something silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

So far saying they created good chances in the second half but were unlucky.

Then said when they were chasing they left a lot of space and 1v1 at the back. And MK Dons noticed and brought on a quick striker.

Then mentioned the injuries and a young side. Said he hopes the confidence doesn't drop.

Said he doesn't regret his starting 11 and the positives are the creativity in the second half.

Then just said about Di Maria to not expect the world to change tomorrow and that Di Maria has to adapt to England first.

Then asked about transfers he said they know what they are doing but it has cost them a chance at winning the cup.

Think I got everything might have missed some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

nuxxx wrote: »
    Bit disheartening only chance of silverware this year is the fa cup

thats shocking when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

David May looks completely dejected on sky at moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

He's talking about how the created good chances. I only had half an eye on the game but I wouldn't agree with him

Created lots in the first ten minutes actually

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

The alarming thing is that Van Gaal looks clueless. The assuredness that you'd expect him to have just isn't there. These are dark days for Manchester United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The magic of the cups. It was a weak united team but no one likes loosing. Thought it was poor management from lvg putting out such a poor team, he more senior players should have gotten a run out, score a couple of goals and get up the confidence for Burnley after been outplayed in the first 2 games.

Created lots in the first ten minutes actually

LVG said we created a lot in the second half, I didnt see it if we did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The alarming thing is that Van Gaal looks clueless. The assuredness that you'd expect him to have just isn't there. These are dark days for Manchester United.

He doesn't look clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

To be fair we could spend all night criticism the whole team. It was one game. One awful game mind you but now it's just to focus on the next game and hopefully the team learn from their mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

syngindub wrote: »
    thats shocking when you think about it.

It's more shocking that we won't get within a sniff of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

what kind of answer was that to "are you going to make more signings?"

Something a long the lines of "we know what we are doing but it cost us points and a title". wat? :confused:

Ha what did LVG mean with the transfers there... "we are already down 5 points and out of this cup" - reminder to the board I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Interesting that LVG mentioned he can change the system with di maria ...wonder if he's considering a 433 now!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Throwing money at it over the next week won't solve the problems that are there, and I'm amazed people think it will.

You're relying on the players gelling together extremely quickly to even have a chance of getting 4th. You can't just buy a new team and expect them to all play together well. That takes time.

Sadly, I'm not sure Woodward understands that so I expect some more overpriced signings to be made without addressing everything wrong in the club.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement