Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Di Maria interview coming up on MUTV soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ha what did LVG mean with the transfers there... "we are already down 5 points and out of this cup" - reminder to the board I wonder?

Yeah it seems like he is saying that not acting early in the transfer window has cost them. Surely he has to take some responsibility for that didn't he say he wouldn't be rushed. Hopefully we can bring in one or two this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

portcrap wrote: »
    Interesting that LVG mentioned he can change the system with di maria ...wonder if he's considering a 433 now!?

HE'S WANTED 433 SINCE THE START OF SEASON

WE'RE GOING IN CIRCLES IN THIS THREAD

THE GAME WAS ****E

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just in from work and seen the result, my God almighty that is utterly embarrassing.

Was it as bad as the result suggested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ok lets put this into a positive light if that is possible . It means less games now for a weak squad to focus on getting at LEAST fourth spot in the league. We need to believe in his style that he is trying to force - however evans et al are not good enough and this needs to be addressed if he is going to continue with the system.

• Advertisement

If you had of told me back when we bet Madrid that after playing Swansea, Sunderland and MK Dons we would only draw with one of them I would have laughed.

Hopefully this week sees a change in results and we can forget about this result and add three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

portcrap wrote: »
    Interesting that LVG mentioned he can change the system with di maria ...wonder if he's considering a 433 now!?

He mentioned he can play on the wing as well as in the centre. I don't feel we'll see a change to the system just yet.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

I'm really surprised more players haven't been offloaded, to be honest.

Outgoing senior players:

Büttner
    Bebé
    Evra
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Giggs
    Macheda
    Henríquez (loan)
    Nani (loan)

I feel van Gaal needs to be a lot more ruthless in clearing out the dross left in the squad. We're only competing on two fronts this season. Get a compact, cohesive squad together and ship out anyone surplus to requirements as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Please god he switches formations now. Utd haven't got 3 defenders capable of playing the current system effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

titan18 wrote: »
    Throwing money at it over the next week won't solve the problems that are there, and I'm amazed people think it will.

You're relying on the players gelling together extremely quickly to even have a chance of getting 4th. You can't just buy a new team and expect them to all play together well. That takes time.

Sadly, I'm not sure Woodward understands that so I expect some more overpriced signings to be made without addressing everything wrong in the club.

That is exactly what is required - MONEY and LOTS of it ! The squad has not had investment in key positions for some time. How else do you expect the players to be signed ? IOU ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dahat wrote: »
    Just in from work and seen the result, my God almighty that is utterly embarrassing.

Yes and you lucky bastard that you did not have sit through that

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Yeah it seems like he is saying that not acting early in the transfer window has cost them. Surely he has to take some responsibility for that didn't he say he wouldn't be rushed. Hopefully we can bring in one or two this week.
    He's a gas man i'd say... there is no shutting LVG up, United board, chairman etc... I actually love that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

It was probably worse than you think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

well that was a waste of a trip :(

its the league cup so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Worse actually. It was the worst performance I've ever witnessed from a United XI, and I'm not exaggerating.

DM clips and Interview NOW on MUTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

when is shaw back from Injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

City's second team could get top 4, ours couldn't beat a league 1 team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Soldie wrote: »
    I'm really surprised more players haven't been offloaded, to be honest.

We cant sell or move them on due to the obscene wages they are getting. Would cost the club a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yes and you lucky bastard that you did not have sit through that

Phew.. Probably the worst result I can remember really but let's move on from it and conviently forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Doesn't matter, he's only like a 72 or something on FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

At least Cattermole would have brought a bit of heart and nut to the team tonight. Absolute shambles.

Right maybe not a one on one interview... just rehashed what was released publicly on all media.

I got this covered guys...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

You could argue that with everybody fit, 7 of those players playing tonight would be 3rd choice players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

We can blame Evans, Young or whoever. Or talk about firing more money at it. But individual players were not the problem tonight. However bad some of our players are they are a huge step above the MK Dons players. A huge step!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

irishfeen wrote: »
    Di Maria interview coming up on MUTV soon :)

You know what time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Van Gaal comes across in interviews as a bit of a chancer.
    He said the team tonight "gave their best".
    Maybe he just doesn't want to effect their confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

kryogen wrote: »
    You know what time?

Next few minutes I'd say.

EDIT: Starting now.

• Advertisement

Oh here it is now..

Neeson wrote: »
    At least Cattermole would have brought a bit of heart and nut to the team tonight. Absolute shambles.

BrokenRecord.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

It's true though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

keane2097 wrote: »
    Pathetic.

Nice one, you win. I csn see now I was totally worng

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I thought kagawa was supposed to be the man and was just badly used by fergie and moyes maybe the fact that these people who see him day in day out know he's pure crap and not what every utd fan thought he would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Di Maria coming across really well

Cant wait for him to start playing for us

• Advertisement

Is it true that Herrera won't be back until 14th of September? Same as Shaw?

I thought it wasn't that bad but I read he won't return until then.

Wouldn't be overly bothered by the result or performance. After Burnley, QPR & Leicester if the haul is less than 4 points than that's the time for concern.

What managers have gone on the decent top level club success after an international job ?

"A joy to sign for United... When I was young I watched Premiership and was drawn to United...

I wanted to come and play for United, I heard United were interested and things moved quickly...

I like to play forward in any position, lately in midfield on left hand side - looks like I will be playing here for United.... l

looking forward to playing at Old Trafford... available to play when LVG needs me [Burnley] ....

I am very thankful to fans especially on social media who told my wife nice things about United"

Ha ha the sweet talking of the wife is fcuking gas :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

We cant sell or move them on due to the obscene wages they are getting. Would cost the club a fortune.

Then sell them at knock-down prices. If they refuse to go then put them on boot-cleaning duty for the reserves until their contract runs out. Not only are some of these players not good enough for Utd, but there's no doubt that them not even being bothered to try is creating a poisonous attitude and damaging team spirit.

I can understand the justification for giving the likes of Powell a run out tonight as his chances for the senior team have been few and far between. But Anderson? As far as I'm concerned he should never pull on a Utd jersey again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I thought kagawa was supposed to be the man and was just badly used by fergie and moyes maybe the fact that these people who see him day in day out know he's pure crap and not what every utd fan thought he would be

He got injured after 15 minutes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Looks like 4-3-3 is the way to go now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

He was taken off tonight after 20 mins with concussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Outragous over reaction to this. Largely inexperienced team. You'd swear we lost with our first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shambolic performance after the first goal went in all right. Total lack of organisation fight, desire, creativity. I could go on.

But at the end of the day it's the league cup with 2 starting players, one the goal keeper. It will be old news soon.

I know I'll get jumped on in here but people are totally over reacting. Tonight has little bearing on the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Thankfully missed that hammering due to training. Thought there had been a mistake when the lads on Off The Ball read the scoreline.

Think LVG might be learning that our backline isn't adapting very quickly to playing 3 at the back. With the signing of Di Maria, I'd love for us to go to 4-3-3 like he had at previous clubs. All the same, he's said it's going to take time to crack it.

Thanks for the opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

He got injured after 15 minutes....

I realise that but I'd forgot all about him until I seen him tonight surely he's on his way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

But really feel lack of moving out players breathes drop in standard. Players need to be sold to send message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

TheDoc wrote: »
    Outragous over reaction to this. Largely inexperienced team. You'd swear we lost with our first team.

Ha, got in before. I can't imagine how much restraint that took to keep it short.

Kudos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Van Gaal needs to make some big ****ing decisions over the next few days.

This formation is not working and we dont have the player for it currently he cant just pretend everything will be fine when his ''Philosophy'' starts working its not gonna ****ing work with most of this squad there not good enough and never will be.

We need need fecking need one big cm at least in the next few days and we need to pray to god the injurys hold off and we can get some kinda run going with the main set of players.

After tonight its hard to think how much worse this could get but jesus if we dont finish in the top four this season.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement