Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jesus boys i stayed off the boards all day and actually did some work, was too depressed to say anything after that performance last night

Whats been happening

kstand you're a decent poster, don't ruin your reputation by doing a bang wildman on us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Chemistry.

The scores are what the players scored out of 100 on a chemistry spot-quiz.

Why is Rooney a ginger in your signature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

hahahaha "Doing a bang wildman" has to be the new ITK phrase. That is quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Vidal's been spotted in Tesco on Parnell St in advance of a shocking and complex move to Bohemians which will see him immediately loaned out to Man Utd in exchange for Giggs as coach, with Boh's contributing half his wages and €500 for every time he's caught offside or makes an pass to a player offside, on the condition that he plays in his Boh's kit. Confirmed via Facebook status update by his agent's cousin.

It's as good as done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Vidal is the type of player that seems to get better the less he plays or we see of him......

bullvine wrote: »
    Vidal is the type of player that seems to get better the less he plays or we see of him......

You could say the same about several of our current players too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks like Zaha is going back to Palace on load, with an option to buy.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    hahahaha "Doing a bang wildman" has to be the new ITK phrase. That is quality!

New twitter being set up Agent Bang Wildman...

Lets see how soon we can get a blue tick and a false rumour reported back here ;)

Suggestions of targets will be accepted by PM... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

bullvine wrote: »

Be hard to see him play when there's no games on.

Top quality player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We're getting away from what really matters.

If Vidal signs, Adox is off for a month. If Di Maria signs, Kew is changing his name, right?

Remember what happens if he doesn't sign? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks like Zaha is going back to Palace on load, with an option to buy.

Sourceyworcey please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So lads

Any concrete news on Vidal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We're getting away from what really matters.

If Vidal signs, Adox is off for a month. If Di Maria signs, Kew is changing his name, right?

I said if we get Di Maria and Kheirda but because I'm nice guy I added Vidal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Fair play to Gordon he really produced a fine one there

Headshot wrote: »
    So lads

Any concrete news on Vidal?

Agent spotted with Ian Brown and rest of Stone Roses singing "This is the one"

Its looking great.

Agent spotted with Ian Brown and rest of Stone Roses singing "This is the one"

Its looking great.

Agent Bang can confirm it is in fact "I am the Resurrection" that Ian and ArturON were singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

brinty wrote: »
    Agent Bang can confirm it is in fact "I am the Resurrection" that Ian and ArturON were singing

You're forever getting my hopes up and then down down, you bring me down.

Ed just Wanna Be Adored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Think its fair to say the Zaha transfer was a failure then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

nuxxx wrote: »
    Think its fair to say the Zaha transfer was a failure then

I assume it was his attitude. I firmly believe Moyes would have given him a chance at some stage last year and LVG this year if he had the right attitude. The potential is there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Last nights result was hugely embarrassing for the club whatever way you look at it. It's also a wasted opportunity to give the fringe players a run of games and bed them in to the system Van Gaal is trying to adopt.

Our squad depth was badly shown up. After losing Rio and Vidic, getting a central defender should have been a key priority.

Did the Vermaelen deal fall through because we wouldn't offer Welbeck as part of the deal? That looks to be a poor oversight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Aidric wrote: »
    Last nights result was hugely embarrassing for the club whatever way you look at it. It's also a wasted opportunity to give the fringe players a run of games and bed them in to the system Van Gaal is trying to adopt.

Our squad depth was badly shown up. After losing Rio and Vidic, getting a central defender should have been a key priority.

Did the Vermaelen deal fall through because we wouldn't offer Welbeck as part of the deal? That looks to be a poor oversight now.

Smalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Aidric wrote: »

No. Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Smalling and Wenger wasn't keen on having him move to another premiership team.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

But they would have done a deal for Welbeck now, given Giroud is broken...

RobertKK wrote: »
    moot point seeing as Vermaelen is in Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I think so, even though they aren't admitting the seriousness of his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

@FIFAfootbaII: JUST IN: Rojo has been granted the work permit and is now available for team selection against Burnley. #MUFC http://t.co/qZrAgf2rXh

• Advertisement

Sounds like Andy Mitten on Off the Ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

I'm dying to see Di Maria playing for us, but even with him I think we will really struggle against Burnley.

Cleverley and fletcher is one of the worst midfield pairings in the PL, and genuinely feel we will lose the midfield battle.

And that usually goes hand in hand with dropping points.

Any word on rafeals fitness?
    Any word on Rojo work permit?
    Really don't want to see Valencia and young at wing back again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Looks like 2 debuts Saturday so you'd presume. I can hear the chants of Argentina already

yermandan wrote: »
    @FIFAfootbaII: JUST IN: Rojo has been granted the work permit and is now available for team selection against Burnley. #MUFC http://t.co/qZrAgf2rXh

Same place saying that Vidal is 100% done deal

I'm dying to see Di Maria playing for us, but even with him I think we will really struggle against Burnley.

Cleverley and fletcher is one of the worst midfield pairings in the PL, and genuinely feel we will lose the midfield battle.

And that usually goes hand in hand with dropping points.

Di Maria will be midfield with Fletcher, need to drop Cleverley, he just depresses me and the team too.

Di Maria will be midfield with Fletcher, need to drop Cleverley, he just depresses me and the team too.

Di Maria in a midfield two would be simply bizarre. Cannot see that happening.

brinty wrote: »
    Same place saying that Vidal is 100% done deal

https://twitter.com/FIFAfootbaII/status/504692191370158080

Di Maria in a midfield two would be simply bizarre. Cannot see that happening.

You are right and I didn't mean that, but that is how it came across.

Di Maria, Fletcher plus someone else, but not TC23.

Honestly I lose confidence when I see Cleverley, he needs to be vanished and banished.

Joe Allen lads for £20m
    did i read that somewhere this morning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I have 6 hours of posts to browse.

Can someone sum it up in 3 gifs? One for morning, lunch and dinner time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

Does anyone actually think we will sign Vidal before the end of the window? Jaysus if we got him on top of Di Maria I would cream my pants

You are right and I didn't mean that, but that is how it came across.

Di Maria, Fletcher plus someone else, but not TC23.

Honestly I lose confidence when I see Cleverley, he needs to be vanished and banished.

Don't think there's anyone else suitable.

Rooney should be do well in midfield, but doesn't.
    Jones can do a job there, but is needed more than ever at centre back.
    Anderson is poison.

Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini all injured.

billyhead wrote: »
    Does anyone actually think we will sign Vidal before the end of the window? Jaysus if we got him on top of Di Maria I would cream my pants

On MUTV's United in Press, they believed it was possible.

It is just that knee, and they don't want to pay huge in case of a Hargreaves again.

They believe Strootman will be the main target in January, once he has proved his knee is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

All so to Munich being reported!

Another one to scratch off the list if true.

Strange one if it is.

according to Agent Bang Wildman its on
    gent Bang Wildman @BangWildman
    Follow @kingarturo23 had been spotted in Manchester with @ianbrowncouk doing covers if 'I am the Resurrection'6:47 PM - 27 Aug 2014

billyhead wrote: »

The story won't go away.
    Vidal hasn't come out and clarified his future.
    We HAVE to be in for another midfielder - the situation is dire. Cannot accept we are not trying our hardest to sign one. But there are literally no links, no whispers of us linked to another midfielder.

This makes me believe we're trying to sign Vidal.

Don't think there's anyone else suitable.

Rooney should be do well in midfield, but doesn't.
    Jones can do a job there, but is needed more than ever at centre back.
    Anderson is poison.

Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini all injured.

Yes, that really spells it out, I would play Jones if we have enough defense, and we don't.

Yes, that really spells it out, I would play Jones if we have enough defense, and we don't.

Yeah, the injury to Smalling rules it out.

If I was Sean Dyche I would be packing the midfield against us on Saturday. Three players in the central area and press Fletch and TC23 as high up the pitch as possible.

To think we once had players Robson, Keane, Ince, Butt, Scholes at the club within a couple of years of one another. All absolute warriors, and top footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Vidal easily the worse transfer saga ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheTownie wrote: »
    Vidal easily the worse transfer saga ever.

Wesley smiles and says hello!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement