Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

irishfeen wrote: »
    In all honesty though Kew is he good enough for United in the quest of winning English/European trophies? - that really is up for debate, attitude is great and admirable but might not be enough..

Still think he can have impact as sub.

I know what you mean though I just think he deserves 1 more chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

In all honesty though Kew is he good enough for United in the quest of winning English/European trophies? - that really is up for debate, attitude is great and admirable but might not be enough..

I'm with Kew, absolutely frustrates the life outta me but has huge potential and gave Madrid a torrid time in Fergies last season. His pace and power on the break is unbelievable, just has to finish the chances he gets more regularly.

Either loan him for a season or keep him. I think selling would be a mistake that we would regret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

imo he has all the ability to become an incredible player, more composure in front of goal and he would be lethal

and despite the fact hes seems to have been around forever hes only 23 still young

id rather loan him to a club that would play him as a striker than sell him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Its a bigout lay when what we really need is a creative force in CM that can dictate a game and control it.i dont think Carvalho is that player.

If, as it looks quite possible, LVG goes with a 3 man midfield of Di Maria, Herrera and other, then a strong midfield player would be more needed, IMO. Between ADM and AH they should have enough know how to pass the ball around and get it forward. Another player like them would make the midfield quite weak in terms of tackling and winning the ball back. Admittedly, I've never seen Carvalho play, but from what I've heard he's strong and a tough tackler, if so, he would be a good fit for a midfield 3.

Even in a midfield 2, he would be more beneficial than a more creative, attack-minded player. The defence has looked very dodge so far, so could use some reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Still think he can have impact as sub.

I know what you mean though I just think he deserves 1 more chance.
    You see the problem with keeping the lad for almost the sole purpose of being a sub creates problems too ... Welbeck is a great lad who deserves to be playing week in week out - more then likely at a level just below the top teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

24!!!!??

Jaysus, Evra Mum most not have been home 5 minutes from maternity hospital when they were at it again.

ya 24 1 more than a WC squad not all his mams though i dont think anyone would survive being pregnant for 18 years total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Evra long lost brother??
    He is the fcuking spitting image of him alright isn't he :eek:

sw50sw8sw578.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sw50sw8sw578.gif

My name is Luis and live in Barcelona and I am not a racist ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Danny Welbeck offers a whole lot more than Hernandez does, he brings a directness that's refreshing when our players are passing the ball sideways aimlessly.

Though he can't shoot for **** god bless him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wondering if the renewed Carvalho talk is genuine interest, or a final negotiaion tactic with Juventus.

Seems to be the top level of credible journalists all reporting it at the same time, which is usually a good sign...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Hope this is bs, kind of fan and publicity we could do without

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kim-jong-un-manchester-united-fan-4120104

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

RobertKK wrote: »

ITK bollocks, why even post it ffs? We've been linked with him since the start of the summer, that gobshìte posting about it a couple of weeks ago means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

I taught this guy has widely been criticised as a complete fake?

Hope this is bs, kind of fan and publicity we could do without

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kim-jong-un-manchester-united-fan-4120104

No you are wrong.

We can use him as a negotiating tactic.

Sell Manchester United Messi and Ronaldo for 10p each or else I nuke your cities...

The United tax :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

No you are wrong.

We can use him as a negotiating tactic.

Sell Manchester United Messi and Ronaldo for 10p each or else I nuke your cities...

The United tax :p

He should nuke his hairdresser.

I wonder when Di Maria was being signed and Mendes being his agent and also for Carvalho, if they had discussed it then. One would have to think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

If we do end up getting Carvalho this tweet will be the proof that if you throw enough sh!t as a journalist eventually some does stick

If we do end up getting Carvalho this tweet will be the proof that if you throw enough sh!t as a journalist eventually some does stick

Yes, but I do enjoy his online fights with Indykaila :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

too much posts of tweets from bs journos and unknown people in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

too much posts of tweets from bs journos and unknown people in this thread.

It really is terrible. The very thought of people posting gossip and rumours on a thread entitled ''Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread'' is truly appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"Ronaldo in shock United return for 120 million!!!!!"

See that? That's not a rumour or gossip. It's bullsh*t I just made up and has no place in the thread. 95% of those ITK twitter accounts are the exact same.

ACTUAL rumours belong in here. Not made up crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I read this as "if you throw enough sh!t AT a journalist eventually some does stick." Somehow, that image pleased me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

thelad95 wrote: »
    It really is terrible. The very thought of people posting gossip and rumours on a thread entitled ''Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread'' is truly appalling.

Others complain because they're posting stuff from well known BS ITKs. There are plenty of reliable sources out there that nobody complains about when they're posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads between 1 thing or another I haven't read the thread in hours and hours.. It's moving too fast too keep up with! Is Vidal still on? What number is Di Maria wearing? Any news on Daley blind? Etc?

Late Wednesday night meal for these two blokes. I wonder whats keeping them up?

1558412_735299616537339_3179007704508665007_n.jpg?oh=15028da0adde3f59676748c87357676d&oe=545E242F

LVG "Its your turn to settle the bill ED"
    ED "I left my wallet in the car"
    LVG "Again!"

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads between 1 thing or another I haven't read the thread in hours and hours.. It's moving too fast too keep up with! Is Vidal still on? What number is Di Maria wearing? Any news on Daley blind? Etc?

Number 7 I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Who's that dude then?

journo for GdS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

MrMac84 wrote: »

We're being linked with Carvahlo from Sporting by the usual reputable journos rather than Vidal.
    No news on Di Marias number. Probably be announed at his unveiling tomorrow.
    Ajax say they don't want to sell Blind, but may sell for a lot of money. No contact from Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Arsenal trying to get a striker may cost them carvalho, he would be decent with di maria and herrera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Carvalho should be brought in with Vidal for that squad depth, yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Late Wednesday night meal for these two blokes. I wonder whats keeping them up?

1558412_735299616537339_3179007704508665007_n.jpg?oh=15028da0adde3f59676748c87357676d&oe=545E242F

What's that in the reflection of the right hand side of the window?

enviro wrote: »
    What's that in the reflection of the right hand side of the window?

Vidals silouette maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That looks like a 2012 Amayna Sauvignon Blanc they're drinking...

A Chilean number I do believe..

WE'RE SIGNING VIDAL!!!

It appears Di Maria's father is very unhappy with Real Madrid and how they treated his son.
    He says Real Madrid didn't value his son economically and he is happy that United do. Real were offering €5 million a season.

https://twitter.com/FootballcomUK/status/504766609693478912
    https://twitter.com/FootballcomUK/status/504767101396320257

It appears Di Maria's father is very unhappy with Real Madrid and how they treated his son.
    He says Real Madrid didn't value his son economically and he is happy that United do. Real were offering €5 million a season.

https://twitter.com/FootballcomUK/status/504766609693478912
    https://twitter.com/FootballcomUK/status/504767101396320257

The way Real Madrid have always conducted transfer business to be honest. They buy the biggest superstars in the world irrespective of whether they actually need them or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Carvalho would be a excellent signing and compliment Herrera and Di Maria perfectly. Be a big change to the sh1te we've had in midfield for the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

According to a few different people on Twitter juve rejected a bid of over 40mil for Vidal from United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

According to a few different people on Twitter juve rejected a bid of over 40mil for Vidal from United.

Think someone mentioned a 43 mil bid so its £34 million guessing "if true" we might need to add a player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Hococop wrote: »
    Think someone mentioned a 43 mil bid so its £34 million guessing "if true" we might need to add a player

42.999.999.99 and Cleverly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

42.999.999.99 and Cleverly.

So that would bring it to 40 million. ?? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

nuxxx wrote: »
    Carvalho would be a excellent signing and compliment Herrera and Di Maria perfectly. Be a big change to the sh1te we've had in midfield for the last few years

Couldn't agree more, would almost prefer him to Vidal considering size and fitness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

thelad95 wrote: »
    The way Real Madrid have always conducted transfer business to be honest. They buy the biggest superstars in the world irrespective of whether they actually need them or not.

Your earnings at real madrid are dictated by how many jerseys you sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Hococop wrote: »
    So that would bring it to 40 million. ?? ;)

Your maths is terrible mate....

It's 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Could it be Carvalho and Vidal? :eek: with Carvalho double jobbing as a CB (in a 3) for some games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Could it be Carvalho and Vidal? :eek: with Carvalho double jobbing as a CB (in a 3) for some games.

Don't tease me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Would be fantastic. Can't see it happening though. Could be happy with just carvalho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Would love to see him at united. Looks good on the ball and can provide the defensive cover the team is badly missing. 23mill is bargain price too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement