Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Mod Note in OP, 25/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

twam2008 wrote: »

Not good enough! We'll take 3 million and continue to pay his wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

If you were Di Maria and you were approached by Utd, would you not look at the teams results and progress and say, hey lads - I'd love to play for you but I think you have some re-building to do, you need a few defenders and another CM or 2.. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any links for the press conference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jameshayes wrote: »
    If you were Di Maria and you were approached by Utd, would you not look at the teams results and progress and say, hey lads - I'd love to play for you but I think you have some re-building to do, you need a few defenders and another CM or 2.. ?

Or he believed in what LVG was telling him about philosophy and belief in the good times will return

and well there paying him a lot of money too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Would DiMaria be with United if Moyes was still in Charge?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Largely reported but confirmed now...

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/504991532018335744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

"Manchester United announce British record signing Angel Di Maria will wear the number seven shirt at Old Trafford."

Yay :) #ADM7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Might get the new jersey with Di Maria on the back when I head over, for his home debut. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Van Gaal taking the piss out of Di Maria in the tunnell there. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Might get the new jersey with Di Maria on the back when I head over, for his home debut. :D:D:D

Alternate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

sky88 wrote: »
    Or he believed in what LVG was telling him about philosophy and belief in the good times will return

and well there paying him a lot of money too

It's not just a random club *cough*pool*cough* saying "we used to be successful! we will be again!" It's a club that is still ranked 6th in Europe by UEFA, has missed CL qualification once in the last 15? years, and is one of the wealthiest in world football (and wealthy in a way that has no FFP issues)

I know plenty of people are hoping last season is the first of many in the wilderness *cough*pool*cough* but, objectively, you have to expect United to be back in the top 4 very soon, and challenging for titles very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Had to laugh at the United twitter account with the breaking news: Di Maria will wear the number 7 shirt....

Now that became public knowledge earlier in the week. Now how does this all seem to be leaking out of the club?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

BwIY72eCYAAbl_s.jpg:medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Alternate?

?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

beno619 wrote: »
    Chicha's build up play was much improved last season and there are lots of posts here highlighting it.

This is just a classic case of a player short of form and low on confidence, he played feck all football under Moyes last season even when Rooney and RVP were out, dropped for Mexico and probably wont feel any lower than he currently does in his career.

He's a great player and needs to leave for his own good, his contribution to 2 titles and a Champions League run were invaluable and the fickle mindedness and the goldfish memories displayed here at times is sickening.

Why is it so obvious that he's just having a couple of bad games now having shown a real improvement in a couple of games before rather than the other way around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone got a text feed link to the presser, cant watch video in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

keane2097 wrote: »
    Why is it so obvious that he's just having a couple of bad games now having shown a real improvement in a couple of games before rather than the other way around?

For me, it is because his entire game has gone to crap. Every single part of it. If he was still an animal in the box (oooer) I'd be more hesitant about saying his allround game being a blip rather than his top potential - but his entire game is crap at the moment so I would say he is bereft of confidence and suffering at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

So no questions allowed about that letter to Real fans says the club PR

Got to love these United PR events - you can ask what we want you to ask.

"Has Rojo got a work permit yet?" should be the first question
    followed by
    "When is Carvalhio signing?"
    "...and Blind"

and finished up with
    "So Angel, why did you really come to this miserable kip of a city? Was it the money? No bother if it was - just wondering is all"

Didn't mention the letter once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Jesus. What a f*cking miserable first question for Di Maria to answer.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Jesus. What a f*cking miserable first question for Di Maria to answer.

I'm in work, what was asked?

Typical trolls in the PR conference I presume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

M!Ck^ wrote: »

What made you want to join Manchester United, a team who finished 7th last season, will not play in the Champions League and haven't won a game this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There was something hypnotic about watching the number being pressed on the shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Man U, finished 7th last season, don't have CL, and haven't won a game this season, what attracted you to come here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Some get this Angel lad some English classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Lvg: "Yeah (job is bigger than he thought) but i don't want to say why"

v3ttel wrote: »
    What made you want to join Manchester United, a team who finished 7th last season, will not play in the Champions League and haven't won a game this season

c7cb5c64fe969deae65d473abfb4071fa3348eb56d4b75db60465c1e2386a429.jpg

It's Cleverley, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

was LVG asked about any more transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

needs more work and new players than he was led to believe, i would assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

if Villa throw in a bag of crisps they've a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

https://twitter.com/SabatiniSky24/status/504994932541890560
    Vidal to his companions: "I stay at Juve." Bye bye Manchester, the soap opera is over

was LVG asked about any more transfers?

"I cannot say anything about that because it raises the price. The club shall come when the time is right to announce it. We cannot act on every rumour. Players shall go in the meantime. I have had talks with players after lunch and said after this weekend they shall go"

Roughly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Just been asked about transfers:

"I cannot speak about that because it raise the price"

"Also players will go in the meantime"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heard that loads before as well, only believing it when I see where he is close of window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He's talking about transfers out :pac: I don't see why we need to sell any more unless there are 3 or 4 coming in

10 injuries. Kagawa concussed. He reckons injury problems will be gone after the international break.

Rojo is working on his permit.

Lvg thinks the defence is fine it's the lack of attacking build up that's the problem.

Sorry I can't read this, twitter is blocked here. What's it say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Angel is available this weekend, Still 10 players out according to LVG which is worrying.

Is LVG shocked by the club's decline? "I don't want to answer that out of respect for Moyes and Mr Ferguson."

He knows Fergie made a balls of it - probably read this great article yesterday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11058490/Manchester-United-turmoil-is-partly-down-to-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-and-the-clubs-transfer-policy.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sorry I can't read this, twitter is blocked here. What's it say?

Aston Villa will bid 8m for Cleverley.

Paul Lambert is currently undergoing a medical after offering it.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    "I cannot say anything about that because it raises the price. The club shall come when the time is right to announce it. We cannot act on every rumour. Players shall go in the meantime. I have had talks with players after lunch and said after this weekend they shall go"

Roughly.

Starts off talking about players in and ends up talking about players out – “The club shall come when the time is right to announce it” though looks promising.

Roughly:pac:

"Marcos Rojo is working on his permit. He must go abroad for it. He is abroad in the [Argentine] embassy in Madrid but it’s taking more time than expected."

You couldn't make this up....

Aston Villa will bid 8m for Cleverley.

Paul Lambert is currently undergoing a medical after offering it.

http://gph.is/1a5GxpD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

LVG: "Marcos Rojo is working on his permit. He must go abroad for it. He is abroad in the [Argentian] embassy in Madrid.

Van Gaal confirms he expects more transfer activity: "The club will [announce] when the time's there. Players will leave, others will come.

Van Gaal: "Maybe after Monday we will have a different group. Some players will leave. Some will come in. We have to wait and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

He says at the end of the article "At this point, I'm staying at Juventus"

Hardly conclusive (yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Listening to reporters asking questions at press conferences makes you realise how poor they are at their jobs - its easy to see how tripe rumors are made up...

jameshayes wrote: »
    Listening to reporters asking questions at press conferences makes you realise how poor they are at their jobs - its easy to see how tripe rumors are made up...

One gob****e asked Di Maria where he likes to play...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement